Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but my search found nothing...

Anyway, under the Breed Sort, are the Yellow-Crowned Dragons supposed to be placed between the Striped River Dragons and the Sunrise Dragons, or is this an "oops" somewhere?

For some reason they're listed as "Sun-crowned Dragons" instead of "Yellow-crowned Dragons" in the sorting. So not sure whether it's intentional or someone forgot to change something somewhere. >..>

Edited by Kith

For some reason they're listed as "Sun-crowned Dragons" instead of "Yellow-crowned Dragons" in the sorting. So not sure whether it's intentional or someone forgot to change something somewhere. >..>

Huh, that's odd. Thanks for your answer. smile.gif

Out of curiosity, do we know of any other dragons similarly miss-placed?

Nhiosstrifes sort as twister (I think it's twister anyway...between turpentine and ultraviolet)

Water Dragons are sorted as Light Blue Dragons.

Guardian of Natures are sorted as Lugia.

Edit: Two-Headed Dragons are sorted as 2-headed and so are the first dragons if sorted by breed.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Thanks ladies. I may have to move those ones in case I need to find them.

I had noticed the "two/2" thing but it made sense to me, so never gave it much thought.

Huh, that's odd. Thanks for your answer. smile.gif

Out of curiosity, do we know of any other dragons similarly miss-placed?

In breed sort, Plated Colossi are Colossi, Imperial Fleshcrownes are Fleshcrownes, Shallow Waters are Goldfish, and Storm Dragons still sort as their old name, Grays. Spotted Greenwings are Greenwings, Holidays sort as <Holiday> <year>, Avatars sort as "Lugiaavatars" iirc, Shimmers and Tinsels both sort as "Prize", and all Pygmy dragons sort as Pygmy-breed. Gold-Horned Tangars are Tangars, Black-Capped Teimarr are Teimarr, Red-finned Tidal are Tidal

In breed sort, Plated Colossi are Colossi, Imperial Fleshcrownes are Fleshcrownes, Shallow Waters are Goldfish, and Storm Dragons still sort as their old name, Grays. Spotted Greenwings are Greenwings, Holidays sort as <Holiday> <year>, Avatars sort as "Lugiaavatars" iirc, Shimmers and Tinsels both sort as "Prize", and all Pygmy dragons sort as Pygmy-breed. Gold-Horned Tangars are Tangars, Black-Capped Teimarr are Teimarr, Red-finned Tidal are Tidal

Tinsels are prize and shimmers are prize12.

The dinos are all yoshi-color. Waverunners are coastalpteradrake. Golden wyverns are gwyvern. Neglecteds are sick.

I have unlocked the Spessartine Pyralspite images in the encyclopedia and now have a growing hatchling but there is no link from the view page of this hatchling to the encyclopedia? blink.gif

user posted image

user posted image

So has anybody else the same problem?

I have this with Coppers. Unlocked all images and the complete info about them but don't have the link to the encyclopedia on their view page. Neither on the eggs, hatchies or Adult irrespective of their colour.

But as I don't use the ecyclopedia often and only notice errors when they're mentioned here I don't care much about it.

Do you have the link at the Pyrope hatchies? If not, I might have to do with the still unlocked picture of the Almadines. Guess you have to unlock all hatchie sprites before the link shows.

I have this with Coppers. Unlocked all images and the complete info about them but don't have the link to the encyclopedia on their view page. Neither on the eggs, hatchies or Adult irrespective of their colour.

But as I don't use the ecyclopedia often and only notice errors when they're mentioned here I don't care much about it.

Do you have the link at the Pyrope hatchies? If not, I might have to do with the still unlocked picture of the Almadines. Guess you have to unlock all hatchie sprites before the link shows.

I have two frozen Pyrope Pyralspite hatchlings in stage 2 and there is no link to the ecyclopedia but from my two Pyrope adults and from my Spessartine adult also.

That is odd: So only if we have unlocked all colours we will have a link to the encyclopedia? I am not amused. dry.gif

I'm just wondering since I noticed this a long while back. Someone had a alt sweetling growing in a hatching site this past February. Can they be won or does it work like alt blacks?

I'm just wondering since I noticed this a long while back. Someone had a alt sweetling growing in a hatching site this past February. Can they be won or does it work like alt blacks?

(I may be wrong because I hadn't joined DC during any holiday releases)

I think raffles for CB prizes had runner ups and you could choose it if you were selected.

ETA:

Is the sweetling CB or bred?

Edited by Stellaluna22

(I may be wrong because I hadn't joined DC during any holiday releases)

I think raffles for CB prizes had runner ups and you could choose it if you were selected.

ETA:

Is the sweetling CB or bred?

I can't remember, it was such a long time ago. I think it was bred, and the offspring of another alt, which is why I thought they might work like alt blacks.

When sweetlings were released, there was a glitch and people who caught theirs early suddenly found themselves rather lacking their sweetlings. As compensation, the artists offered the alt sweetling (originally going to be one of their spriter alts) to those that had lost their sweetlings in the glitch. Only those scrolls who lost sweetlings will ever have alt sweetlings on them. Any they grab or breed and keep on their scroll will stay alt. If they abandon a bred one, it turns into the pink variety if not picked up by another alted scroll. If TJ does bring back HMs in the raffle (remember we didn't have them last year, only two tiers of prize dragons), you couldn't request a sweetling, but it wouldn't be an alt anyway if you weren't affected by the glitch.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

When sweetlings were released, there was a glitch and people who caught theirs early suddenly found themselves rather lacking their sweetlings. As compensation, the artists offered the alt sweetling (originally going to be one of their spriter alts) to those that had lost their sweetlings in the glitch. Only those scrolls who lost sweetlings will ever have alt sweetlings on them. Any they grab or breed and keep on their scroll will stay alt. If they abandon a bred one, it turns into the pink variety. If TJ does bring back HMs in the raffle (remember we didn't have them last year, only two tiers of prize dragons), you couldn't request a sweetling, but it wouldn't be an alt anyway if you weren't affected by the glitch.

Wait, so it's more like those Christmas dragons with the scroll locked colored wings?

Edited by Diame

Wait, so it's more like those Christmas dragons with the scroll locked colored wings?

(Snow Angels) - yes, it is coded to scroll in the same manner. :3

(Snow Angels) - yes, it is coded to scroll in the same manner. :3

Okay, thank you. What if someone trades the alt hatchling, though?

Okay, thank you. What if someone trades the alt hatchling, though?

I assume it would instantly change back the moment it was on another person's scroll, although I'm not sure about that.

I assume it would instantly change back the moment it was on another person's scroll, although I'm not sure about that.

Yes it does.

Back when you were only allowed two of each holiday type (excluding halloween obviously), I seem to remember you could keep a third dragon of the type for an hour before it autommatically got abandoned, so that users could still organise trades. What would have happened if the hatchie was teleported to someone with two adults of that type, right before it grew up? If it grew up before the hour was up?

That player would lose one of their 3 dragons. I don't know if it was ever specificed which one they'd lose - their oldest, their newest, totally random ...

(Also, I think that hour only refered to bred eggs - and these don't grow up that fast. Someone with 2 adults wouldn't have been able to accept that teleport.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

That player would lose one of their 3 dragons. I don't know if it was ever specificed which one they'd lose - their oldest, their newest, totally random ...

(Also, I think that hour only refered to bred eggs - and these don't grow up that fast. Someone with 2 adults wouldn't have been able to accept that teleport.)

I seem to recall that it was at least briefly random; someone (maybe more than one person) lost a CB adult and posted to ask why.

(reposting this because it's gone two pages without an answer)

From the news thread (bolded for emphasis:

Can we says COMPLICATED?!!!  So... with all the rules regarding what you get with what and from where, etc. etc., can we have a FAQ dedicated to all of this?  Or do we already and my brain just isn't seeing it?

Coppers and, to a lesser extent, Xenos seem to confuse a few people with regards to their breeding mechanics. Non-hatching Sunrise/set dragons also pop up here quite frequently. I know we have the wiki (and bluesonic does an excellent job over there), but not everyone knows about that, or can use it.

With that in mind, which would be the best subforum to put a short Non-Standard Breeding Mechanisms FAQ in? Or is it not a good idea?

(reposting this because it's gone two pages without an answer)

From the news thread (bolded for emphasis:

Coppers and, to a lesser extent, Xenos seem to confuse a few people with regards to their breeding mechanics. Non-hatching Sunrise/set dragons also pop up here quite frequently. I know we have the wiki (and bluesonic does an excellent job over there), but not everyone knows about that, or can use it.

With that in mind, which would be the best subforum to put a short Non-Standard Breeding Mechanisms FAQ in? Or is it not a good idea?

I can see why you think it went without answer, but actually Sockie did make a note about it here.

I can see why you think it went without answer, but actually Sockie did make a note about it here.

Oh... I was looking in this thread for an answer. Sorry Sockie.

Oh... I was looking in this thread for an answer. Sorry Sockie.

It would have been easy to miss. I just happened to notice it because that thread jumped to the top when she first posted in it and I checked it to see why. wink.gif