Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How do I attach files to posts and/or PMs?

for an image, just do this:

[IMG=ImageLink]

for other types of files, I don't think you can place them.

You can't actually attach files here, only link to ones on line. So anything on your machine that you want to show has to be uploaded somewhere - images to imgur; other things to Google docs or something.

Edited by fuzzbucket

What is EG?

I see a lot of people posting asking for EG's, 3EG, 4EG, 6EG ect

I have a few questions I should ask... here we go!

What's a prizekin? a checker? a "shimmerfail"? Is a dorkfaceXthuwed called a thuwedface, a dorkwed or something else? why is there a velociraptor.png emoticon?!?!?!

Something-kin is when one of the parents is a special something (e.g. Prize) but the baby is not (e.g. a Pink from Pink and Tinsel parents would be a Tinselkin or a Prizekin). Likewise, any something-fail (fail because the breeder wanted a Tinsel egg from these parents).

For checkers and other lineages, see here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=124902

Descendents of both Dorkface & Thuwed I've seen called Dorkwed.

Another batch of question!

-Where is the thing on AOND where you can see the lineage of dragon if you bred them together?

-Can you summon while being egglocked? If it works, what will happen to the GoN?

-Speaking of GoNs, can you freeze them?

-I am still using the old forum design, are there anything in the new I should know?

-On the top right of the forum, there is a calendar. Does it do anything?

DR is the only section where the option is enabled to upload (file) images to attach directly to a post. For other sections, you need to host the file on a site that hosts whatever type of file you want to host, then post the link here.

Since I imagine it would be an image you want to upload, you can use imgur, dA (stash let's you keep images private if this is a DR thing), or even a temp site like tinypic (but images need to be hosted on a permanent hosting site before moved to Completed).

I think it's the generation, but I am really not sure

If you don't know the answer to a question, it's probably best not to answer. That way misinformation or confusion doesn't get spread. ^^;;

why is there a  velociraptor.png emoticon?!?!?!

Why not?

-Where is the thing on AOND where you can see the lineage of dragon if you bred them together?

-Can you summon while being egglocked? If it works, what will happen to the GoN?

-I am still using the old forum design, are there anything in the new I should know?

- Questions about a specific fansite belong in that fansite's thread, not in the Help section. Or you could look around the options to find the one you want.

- No.

- Yes.

- Why don't you preview or try the new one if you're curious about its setup?

- Shows you the date. Shares user birthdays (I'm on the updated skin; I don't feel like checking, but I believe it does this on the non-updated skins?). Holiday events are listed on it. It's a calendar; it does calendar things. Again, you can flip through some months of the calendar to look at it and figure it out.

EDITED for clarity.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Question regarding fansites go to their according thread, like https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=92000 for AoND

(It's in the menu at "extras", "general topics", "lineage viewer")

Summoning can only be done if you have room for an egg.

You can freeze GoNs.

The Calendar is usually updated with site events. Browser back in time to see the Halloween event, for example.

edit: oops, too slow. I didn't know the part about the birthdays laugh.gif (using the old skin, too)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Question for you - have you ever considered getting getting a mentor?

Last qustion of the day (I promice)

In the Forum's Help Page, it says there are 10 user levels (or the eggs), however, I noticed some users (like Sock, for exemple) had 11 eggs. Is it normal, or did I count wrong?

EDIT

Question for you - have you ever considered getting getting a mentor?

Well I just had one or two some questions, but I concider myself pretty advanced in the game, having caught a lot of cb rares, including a leetle tree. It's just that I temporarely left the site this summer and I joined back in september, so I kinda forgot one or two things

Edited by kreepers_killer

I may be making this up, but at one point I think I remember there being a page where you can see stats about your scroll like home many total dragons you have, how many of different genders, how many frozen hatchlings, how many named/unnamed dragons, etc. Is this still a thing, and does anyone remember how to get to it from the site?

I may be making this up, but at one point I think I remember there being a page where you can see stats about your scroll like home many total dragons you have, how many of different genders, how many frozen hatchlings, how many named/unnamed dragons, etc. Is this still a thing, and does anyone remember how to get to it from the site?

This one?

http://dcrecords.tj09.net/check

There is also one on AoND:

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Stats

@kreepers_killer: Sock is a mod - mods are a higher level than normal users wink.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I think you can find that on Eggs Around The World's tool page

you can get it from egg drop soup

http://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/

The DC records one doesn't work for huge scrolls. Sadly I know this sad.gif

EDS doesn't work either (I get server error 503), and EATW generates a different page for scrolls. So AoND it is.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

edit: oops, too slow. I didn't know the part about the birthdays laugh.gif (using the old skin, too)

Oh, hm, if you're on an old skin and don't see the birthdays, then maybe that was removed a while ago (or maybe it's info listed in a separate section, but peeking around a bit, I can't find it). I was just remembering that I used to sometimes check birthdays for the day and go PM people a happy birthday. =o

Aaaah thank you all! I've just been looking through all the links on the "Help" page, and now I feel foolish considering that I could've just used any click site rolleyes.gif clearly that's what I was remembering.

Oh, hm, if you're on an old skin and don't see the birthdays, then maybe that was removed a while ago (or maybe it's info listed in a separate section, but peeking around a bit, I can't find it). I was just remembering that I used to sometimes check birthdays for the day and go PM people a happy birthday. =o

There are no birthday, only things like "Daylight Savings Time Ends (US)". However, if we go back a few years in the calendar, those things are gone (it's there in 2012 but not in 2011).

EDS doesn't work either, and EATW generates a different page for scrolls. So AoND it is.

That's odd, as I just did EDS, and it worked.

There are no birthday, only things like "Daylight Savings Time Ends (US)". However, if we go back a few years in the calendar, those things are gone (it's there in 2012 but not in 2011).

. . . I just said that in the post you quoted me in as Ruby Eyes already posted that observation.

If you click on the events, you'll notice that they're usually added by me. So yeah. Some years I forgot or some years I was busy during that time and couldn't add the event, as I don't add them years or months ahead of time. I'm only human. I'm not a perfect system - things happen.

By the way, a mentor could help with the forum, not just with the cave.