Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@Lurhstaap: Oh I see. I only encountered/bred a batch like that now so I'm surprised

and my last same holiday x holiday is from 2012, so I tried avoiding same holiday breeding since.

Well, thanks for answering that c:

@angelicdragonpuppy: That was my experience lol so I gave up same holiday breeding.

My breedings in that Marrow x Shadow Walker was almost Marrow xd.png

Interesting! I don't recall having that be an issue. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Actually they were notorious for only throwing one or the other; I remember everyone who was doing SW x Marrow way back was only ever getting one of those two. Not sure if it only happened for Halloweens or if it changed in recent years but I do remember it was once quite a problem.

Yeah, I remember that, too. We didn't have a thread for it, but it is mentioned a few times in the prize x prize breeding thread, and it sounds like it was changed for the early 2015 holidays?

I just noticed that rosy-winged s2 solstice hatchlings have got a new sprite. I'm one of the players who always freeze one of my CB holidays, and my CB s2 solstice still shows the blue wings. Aren't all CBs rosy-winged? Is this a bug or intended? I have tried a hard refresh and nothing changed.

dragcave.net/lineage/mWlgG

Is there any way to check who puts your scroll on view? Super triggered rn cause they just killed a really valuable egg of mine and even though i put it on fog, it still died

Also, is there any chance to 'redeem' this if it wasn't my fault? Only asking because this specific egg was super duper valuable to me and its kinda tough waiting another year just to get the same thing.

Edited by Master0fPuppets

Could someone help me out please? I have an egg laid on Dec 21, 2016. It is at 6 days and 5 hours, and it is currently 8:27 am dragon cave time. Will this solstice have rosy wings or pale wings?

Is there any way to check who puts your scroll on view? Super triggered rn cause they just killed a really valuable egg of mine and even though i put it on fog, it still died

Also, is there any chance to 'redeem' this if it wasn't my fault? Only asking because this specific egg was super duper valuable to me and its kinda tough waiting another year just to get the same thing.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that you could find the person who entered your scroll since each of the hatcheries are fan sites and not ran by TJ

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that you could find the person who entered your scroll since each of the hatcheries are fan sites and not ran by TJ

Oh rip, this really sucks, cause the owner of the holidays just told me that all of the clutch have been killed, and it really sucks cause they were low gen hollies. Do you think there is a chance TJ might restore the eggs at all since they were caused by others 'aid'?

Oh rip, this really sucks, cause the owner of the holidays just told me that all of the clutch have been killed, and it really sucks cause they were low gen hollies. Do you think there is a chance TJ might restore the eggs at all since they were caused by others 'aid'?

I'm afraid the chances would be very low because many eggs probably died that way and TJ can't get to them all, but your best chance would be to PM him with the details and the egg codes and see if anything can be done.

I just noticed that rosy-winged s2 solstice hatchlings have got a new sprite. I'm one of the players who always freeze one of my CB holidays, and my CB s2 solstice still shows the blue wings. Aren't all CBs rosy-winged? Is this a bug or intended? I have tried a hard refresh and nothing changed.

dragcave.net/lineage/mWlgG

It shows up blue for me too. The egg bred(in this case, caught) time probably overrode the CB=rosy-wing thing, I think you should report it.

Edited by SkyWolf25

Sounds like it was by someone who did not like them. Ask them if anyone got mad at them recently, if so it was probably that person.

Unfortunately there is no way to track such things. And in order to give it enough views to kill it they may have placed it on some other site besides the fansites.

As far as I know TJ has never "redeemed" an egg lost to view bombing, but I suppose you could try asking.

I've had an egg killed (outright killed with the kill option) by a person who disliked me for an unknown reason, and nothing could be done about it. Same with having my scroll viewbombed so bad it killed all my eggs before I learned to hide my scroll. Now I NEVER keep my scroll visible, ever. I'm not going to risk my eggs just because one person might be mad at me for some dumb reason.

Sadly, I think eggs getting viewbombed and dying from it...I don't think TJ can help, because you made your scroll visible. You didn't hide the egg immediately. If I have a really valuable egg, I fog it until it's around 4 days, because even if someone puts it on a ton of click sites, odds are it won't get sick since it's near-ER.

People are mean and take this game way too seriously sometimes. A very nice person I've been talking to got scammed out of a 2G Holly recently, too. I wish someone could punish the people who go out of their way to "troll" other users and kill their dragons, but it doesn't seem like it will ever happen.

I've had an egg killed (outright killed with the kill option) by a person who disliked me for an unknown reason, and nothing could be done about it.

How - did you give them your password?

I've had my scroll hit a couple of times - and recently someone was taking my eggs OUT of fan sites. We just all have to be vigilant.

Can anyone show me a rosy winged S2 Solstice? I've been looking but only have seen blue wings, which is strange because logically the first batches growing up should be night wings.

Can anyone show me a rosy winged S2 Solstice? I've been looking but only have seen blue wings, which is strange because logically the first batches growing up should be night wings.

Yes please, I'd like to see some too! I have 2 that I bred right after midnight so they SHOULD be rosy winged, right? (Right???) ...but they're blue winged, and I am not-so-quietly freaking out. rolleyes.gif

(here they are: https://dragcave.net/lineage/BMnNd & https://dragcave.net/lineage/hzRJT)

Edited by Aleoleo

Yes please, I'd like to see some too! I have 2 that I bred right after midnight so they SHOULD be rosy winged, right? (Right???) ...but they're blue winged, and I am not-so-quietly freaking out. rolleyes.gif

Midnight YOUR time or cave time ? (I speak as one who stayed up VERY late last night to fill a solstice request, as I am NOT on cave time !)

It shows up blue for me too. The egg bred(in this case, caught) time probably overrode the CB=rosy-wing thing, I think you should report it.

Thank you. It is very likely that it was caught during daytime. However, it sorts among the rosy winged ones when I use temporary breed sort, so the cave does seem to 'remember' that it should be rosy.

Those of you asking for link - Amberfly posted hers earlier.

When did the solstice hatchlings get a sprite update? The only s2 shown on the wiki has blue wings, but I was just looking at my frozen s2 and it has rosy wings. I don't look at my frozen babies too often but I don't remember her having those when I froze her. Is this new or am I just unobservant?

I have been stalking hatcheries and so far haven't seen a single rosy-winged hatchling except the one linked above. I'm beginning to wonder if it is either: 1) very glitchy or 2) one of those changes that are slowly rolled out to a small number of players at a time.

Edited by Lady Meli

Midnight YOUR time or cave time ? (I speak as one who stayed up VERY late last night to fill a solstice request, as I am NOT on cave time !)

Cave time, not my time--speaking as one who got up VERY early just for DC. laugh.gif

ETA: user posted image

(These 2 should become rosy, shouldn't they? ...cause they also seem to sort with the blue-winged Solstices when using temp sort, eeek)

Edited by Aleoleo

It seems there was one linked up this thread - and there's another thread all about this, where the OP thanked Odeen for doing it - I so I guess they MUST exist.,.

It seems there was one linked up this thread - and there's another thread all about this, where the OP thanked Odeen for doing it - I so I guess they MUST exist.,.

That's why I haven't closed the Suggestions thread on it yet - because I'd like to see confirmation that they are behaving correctly (whatever that happens to be) this year. So if someone has proof an s2 should be rosy and it isn't, they should please feel free to create a help thread on it. ^^

Can someone direct me to the christmas speculation thread? Thanks!

When you know the name of a thread, it's very easy to search for with the advanced search feature (found in the upper right above your inbox). In this case, use "christmas speculation" as your keywords (with the quotation marks!), search titles only, search in site discussion but not subforums, and go. Should lead you right to it. :3 (In this case, I did "christmas speculation" in the search at the bottom of the SD forum and it was the only thing that popped up, so you don't even need the advanced search.)

Christmas Speculation, closed as we can know use the news thread for such speculation: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176999

Is there any way to check who puts your scroll on view? -removed- cause they just killed a really valuable egg of mine and even though i put it on fog, it still died

The only time we (and by we, I mean TJ) can do anything about it is if you have proof that x_user (ie, you know the user already) viewbombed you (as that would break the cave terms of non-willful interaction with others). But I don't think I know of any case where someone had a confession or anything, unfortunately. If you're worried about your other eggs, though, you could fog them while you're away from the computer and/or hide your scroll.