Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

This egg has an error in its placement in the image: http://prntscr.com/dm0s0m

where should I post to get this fixed?

Bug reports go in Help. I did report this shortly after Honey Drakes were released (not having the drake cracking sequence overlay but the regular one), but I don't believe there is a Help thread for it, so you could create one if you wanted.

I am getting the bad gateway page, or the main site takes ages to load. Is it me or is someone else experiecing it? Thanks!

I am getting the bad gateway page, or the main site takes ages to load. Is it me or is someone else experiecing it? Thanks!

Happened to me about one hour ago, but it's fine now. Has it cleared up on your end yet?

Happened to me about one hour ago, but it's fine now. Has it cleared up on your end yet?

Yes, all fine now, thanks!

It's taking so long to load on my end? Isn't there anything I can do?

It's taking so long to load on my end? Isn't there anything I can do?

A hard refresh(Ctrl+F5 in Chrome) seems to help a bit, though with so many people on the site the laggyness will probably stay. :0

Since it's the server that's lagging and not your computer, doing extensively CTRL+F5 will actually add more strain to the server, since it needs to re-deliver the same data to you that you just purged from your cache.

For some reason, although I never did anything to my christmas eggs, only two of them (an aegis and solstice) are showing up on the influence/incubate. Is this normal?

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

For some reason, although I never did anything to my christmas eggs, only two of them  (an aegis and solstice) are showing up as able to influence/incubate. Is this normal?

Perfectly normal. Most Christmas and Valentine breeds are one gender only. The Holly and Mistletoe are the only ones that can be both genders. Therefore the others have no influence option.

Wait, you said Aegis? My Aegides did not have the option to influence. *Runs back to scroll to check again!*

Nope! My Aegis egg says (unavailable for breed) and if you hover over that there is further information about the breed not being available in both genders.

Edited by purplehaze

Perfectly normal. Most Christmas and Valentine breeds are one gender only. The Holly and Mistletoe are the only ones that can be both genders. Therefore the others have no influence option.

Wait, you said Aegis? My Aegides did not have the option to influence. *Runs back to scroll to check again!*

Nope! My Aegis egg says (unavailable for breed) and if you hover over that there is further information about the breed not being available in both genders.

Lol, I meant show up on the influence page. It says this breed cannot be influenced too. However, why am I not able to incubate all my eggs? Only the solstice and aegis are showing up on the action pages, and I was planning on incubating all of them. Huh.

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

Are the other eggs currently in a teleport? You cannot perform any action when the egg is stuck in the teleport only cancel the trade/transfer.

Are the other eggs currently in a teleport? You cannot perform any action when the egg is stuck in the teleport only cancel the trade/transfer.

Oooooh, that's why. Thank you! *faceplants*

When did the solstice hatchlings get a sprite update? The only s2 shown on the wiki has blue wings, but I was just looking at my frozen s2 and it has rosy wings. I don't look at my frozen babies too often but I don't remember her having those when I froze her. Is this new or am I just unobservant?

When did the solstice hatchlings get a sprite update? The only s2 shown on the wiki has blue wings, but I was just looking at my frozen s2 and it has rosy wings. I don't look at my frozen babies too often but I don't remember her having those when I froze her. Is this new or am I just unobservant?

oh shoot that looks like it is a new thats pretty neat im glad the s2 got updated to show wing colour

I found a really odd CB Holly while hunting the AP: https://dragcave.net/lineage/7X79

It's wild, and the stolen, hatched and grew dates are all the same (and in January 2009, too). Just... wut?

I know when the cave first started, eggs could hatch and grow as soon as they enough views. So it was possible to get an adult in a day if you bombed the tar out of it. But I'm also fairly sure that was only for a month or so.

And it can't be a prize, because the first ones went out in 2010.

Maybe a special Holly TJ gifted to someone, that was later released?

I know when the cave first started, eggs could hatch and grow as soon as they enough views. So it was possible to get an adult in a day if you bombed the tar out of it. But I'm also fairly sure that was only for a month or so.

And it can't be a prize, because the first ones went out in 2010.

Maybe a special Holly TJ gifted to someone, that was later released?

Or possibly a test dragon made by TJ, bred a few times, then released? Not sure what to say to that one. Very strange.

I think I had a misunderstanding about solstices and timezones for me are confusing so assuming this hatchie hatched at exactly 4 days (I didn't breed it), I think it will be blue-winged? Please confirm.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/2bs62

Yeah I think it will be blue winged.

The only time that matters is cave time which is the same for all time zones.

For rosey wings it needs to be born sometime between 12am-6am cave time

Think they are 12 hour windows on solstice breeding for wing colors. My notes say:

between 6:00 - 17:59 Cave time = blue (day)

between 18:00 - 5:59 Cave time = rosy (night)

Which I think I copied from the wiki. I get very confused with them too. blink.gif

Yeah, I thought so. Should've paid more attention when trading. Thanks a lot for confirming!

As far as I know that was always possible? But yes, it's certainly possible now and has been for at minimum the past 2-3 years.

As far as I know that was always possible? But yes, it's certainly possible now and has been for at minimum the past 2-3 years.

Actually they were notorious for only throwing one or the other; I remember everyone who was doing SW x Marrow way back was only ever getting one of those two. Not sure if it only happened for Halloweens or if it changed in recent years but I do remember it was once quite a problem.