Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I am only getting the new gold metallic in the cave, to get the others are they time based or do you have to breed them?

No one knows for sure, yet, but we are guessing that it follows the phases of DC's moons, since TJ linked to that information in his first post.

No one knows for sure, yet, but we are guessing that it follows the phases of DC's moons, since TJ linked to that information in his first post.

And from that possibly also the time of day ?

I am only getting the new gold metallic in the cave, to get the others are they time based or do you have to breed them?

From the release post:

These eggs follow the phases of the moons. Not sure what phase it is? Find out here.

So once the phase of the moons shifts, the eggs should shift as well. Sort of a mini-Seasonal.

So, few minutes ago, I found I cannot log in my cave account.

The site says my account have been disabled.

Anyone knows what's happened?

From the FAQ.

Q: Why is my scroll "burned"?/Why is my account disabled or banned?

A: "Burned" is simply another term for when your account has been banned. Accounts may be banned for a number of reasons, primarily due to violations in the site terms that all users agree to upon registration. If you still do not understand why your scroll was burned after that, you may PM or e-mail TJ09. Please do not post public topics about this - the public will not know the answer to your question.

So right now we can only get gold?

So far yes. I've only seen gold and only heard of the gold being mentioned as being caught.

I haven't noticed that anyone said anything about catching eggs in any color but gold, so I think that's it so far. smile.gif Plus, nothing changed about the lunar cycles of either Valkemare moon, so they have probably stayed the same. biggrin.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I've seen some users freeze their summoned GoN hatchling(s), and I'm wondering, if you freeze them, are you able to summon more once you've hit 3?

I've seen some users freeze their summoned GoN hatchling(s), and I'm wondering, if you freeze them, are you able to summon more once you've hit 3?

No. The limit is three on your scroll, not three adults.

I bred my two stripes and they didn't refuse, but lately they haven't given me a single egg. The ones I got from them earlier were the wrong color, but at least I'd get an egg. For the last three breedings I get nothing. sad.gif How much does fertility help?

I bred my two stripes and they didn't refuse, but lately they haven't given me a single egg. The ones I got from them earlier were the wrong color, but at least I'd get an egg. For the last three breedings I get nothing. sad.gif How much does fertility help?

From the FAQ:

Q: Does fertility guarantee an egg?

A: No, it only increases your chances a bit (by about 50%). As specifically said by TJ in a help thread: "It's a 1.5x multiplier."

I find it awesome for more common yet stubborn pairings (which stripes seemingly fall under). No harm in using it, even if you aren't sure it will help, anyway. =3

Only one Fertility per breeding, though. Using Fertility on both mates prior to a breeding just wastes a Fertility. ^^

I'm wondering if perhaps Stripes are overpopulated at the moment and so the ratios are in play here. I have been having an awful lot of no egg/no interest results when I try to breed my Stripes lately.

Spessartine's seem to be dropping well i have caught 2 in the last hour which is 2 more than in the last 3 months rolleyes.gif

caught another blink.gif its awash with spessie's in the coast

Edited by rrattts

I've run into a problem with the drop down menu sort for a day now.  It wouldn't sort unless I have just rebooted the computor and then only once.  This is happening (really not happening) in IE.

I just had to open chrome to influence some eggs and it seemed to be working ok on that browser.  So my guess is something to do with TJ tinkering with the site and IE didn't like it?  Help?

Is your IE up to date or has it been recently updated? If it's been recently updated, there may have been some change that broke something.

Have you switched compatibility mode on/off? Have any addons?

If you've tried the usual (cleaning everything - cache, cookies, history, downloads, logged out and in and restarted everything), which it sounds like you have, it might be worth it to make this a new thread, if no one else with IE chimes in. (I have a mac, so can't test on IE.)

Just a FYI follow up on this.

I had to wait for better half (in house tech support) to have time to look at this and got busy over the weekend. They cleared cache to no effect and compatablity mode seemed to make no difference, but were able to find a work around for me. If you refresh after selecting the drop down sort you want and try again it will work, sometimes takes a couple tries. I have IE9 on my computor, we looked at their computor with IE11 and it didn't have this problem. Best guess is it turns out to be one of the many things the last windows update isn't playing nice with.

Spessartine's seem to be dropping well i have caught 2 in the last hour which is 2 more than in the last 3 months rolleyes.gif

caught another blink.gif its awash with spessie's in the coast

Yes, I caught none so far but I've seen four. ohmy.gif What happened? I've only seen this many when they were originally released.

My guess: no room in the cave for Pyropes and Almandines currently due to the lunar release, so the game sorts all new Pyralspites into the coast.

Do dinos have separate rarity? In my quest to unlock the Encyclopedia sprites, I've seen 12 green dino eggs, 8 red dino eggs, 5 blue dino eggs, and only 3 yellow dino eggs (within the past few days). Is that how it usually is?

Do dinos have separate rarity? In my quest to unlock the Encyclopedia sprites, I've seen 12 green dino eggs, 8 red dino eggs, 5 blue dino eggs, and only 3 yellow dino eggs (within the past few days). Is that how it usually is?

I think their rarity is pretty much the same, no idea why the encyclopedia works differently for them. smile.gif

My guess: no room in the cave for Pyropes and Almandines currently due to the lunar release, so the game sorts all new Pyralspites into the coast.

Good idea, but only TJ knows the definite reason behind this. I haven't even seen them since the release, and now they are dropping so often that every now and then someone says they caught a spessartine. AND I CAUGHT THREE. ohmy.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

While surfing the AP for interesting eggs, I came across a Frostbite egg.

I never really noticed it much until now (I zoomed up on my phone), but are frostbite eggs Silver eggs, except just recoloured slightly?

So with the spirit wards in enyclopedia, how do the second ones work? I take it they represent one o f the night "forms" (presumably the brightest one), but what is needed to unlock them? Do I need to observe 15 new adults I haven't previously observed during the night? If so must these 15 be "maximum" brightness or any of the intermediate brightness sprites too?

Does any one know if there is a difference between which dragons come out at night versus the day in the Cave? I remember that if you hover over the little moon/sun in the new Standard Cave Skin, it tells you only certain breeds are available during the night/day. Does anyone know which ones?

I mean I know that you can only get Sunset/Sunrises and Day/Night Glories at different times of the day, but I want to know if the Day/Night Cycle affects the ratios in the biomes as well.

- Like do you get more Nebulas, Bleeding Moons, and Moonstones at night, and more Sunsongs and Sunstones during the day? Or something like they?