Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How rare are CB Xenos in relation to Golds and Silvers?

They are definitely becoming more common now!

If you're lucky, you might get a CB Silver from a full set of CB Xenos.

In terms of rarity, I consider them common because I see them a lot. I'd rank it slightly below CB Coppers, and definitely under Golds or Silvers.

Yes, it seems the ratios of the Xenos are settling now, and becoming more common. I just saw 6 fly by in various biomes in the last hour.

Lol...which is good for me, cause I need a bunch for some trade fulfillments.

Edited by Riverwillows

They are definitely becoming more common now!

If you're lucky, you might get a CB Silver from a full set of CB Xenos.

In terms of rarity, I consider them common because I see them a lot. I'd rank it slightly below CB Coppers, and definitely under Golds or Silvers.

It's quite easy to get a mix when you breed them (gotten two avatars and a pink in the past two weeks), so I would consider them more uncommon than common. I know that's a little different from the cave, but yeah. =p

They are definitely more common than golds/silvers, I agree.

And NOW I caught one. I'm still calling it rare so I can say I caught a CB Rare.

Did something change with custom sorting or am I missing something? I briefly changed to rainbow to see something but now the 'custom sort' option is gone from my options and when I choose any of the custom sort options and then click 'save' it doesn't actually change anything on my scroll - I assume because 'rainbow' is still selected and I can't choose custom anymore. Is anyone else having this issue? :/

I've tried changing my layout, two different browsers plus mobile... Idk.

user posted image

Edited by kerrikins

Is anyone getting broken images? For me, the abandoned page currently looks like this:

user posted image

Things are also strange on my scroll, I'm not getting the broken image image, but it's only showing the dragon's code where the sprite should be.

I've tried logging out and then logging back in, and I've tried wiping my cookies and cache.

Edited by Marie19R

Maybe try disabling adblock? I know that it sometimes causes sprites to disappear for a little bit. Edit: Then again, I'm not seeing any broken images on my end so perhaps adblock isn't the culprit this time.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Thanks, Sock.

So this has been the result for any filter where nothing shows up for it (for the filter to disappear) since filters were added. TJ agreed changing it makes sense, though, so that's on the list of things to do.

I'm using Windows 10 with IE 11 and I believe it's all as up to date as possible. Since you posted I just checked my add-ons and there are just a few and nothing is new. I doubt the fault is there. I cleared cookies, temp files, etc., and restarted both my computer and modem.

When I checked the encyclopedia, nothing I did seemed to help.

Someone else mentioned an issue with IE which I've now forgotten. Does this same thing happen on another browser if you have one available to check? Some change in DC/IE may have borked things for DC. If it's only IE, I'll go track down the other issue and let TJ know.

Are the grayed out images on the dragon's encyclopedia page or on the encyclopedia page where all the dragons are?

Did something change with custom sorting or am I missing something? I briefly changed to rainbow to see something but now the 'custom sort' option is gone from my options and when I choose any of the custom sort options and then click 'save' it doesn't actually change anything on my scroll - I assume because 'rainbow' is still selected and I can't choose custom anymore. Is anyone else having this issue? :/

I've tried changing my layout, two different browsers plus mobile... Idk.

user posted image

Huh, you're right. Lemme go get that reported.

Okay, I tried disabling adblock but that didn't help with my issue. Interestingly, I tried logging in on Internet Explorer (which I don't use, but thought to try) and everything is normal there. So.... some weird Firefox glitch?

I just checked my encyclopedia page using the new Microsoft Edge browser. It was the same. It's just the main page that seems to be the problem. Any that are not colored in on the individual pages are that way because I haven't collected enough of those dragons yet. That makes sense.

Here's a picture of part of my page:

user posted image

I remember someone saying that you can still accept a trade offer from a burned scroll, so I think they just remain on it.

Okay, I tried disabling adblock but that didn't help with my issue. Interestingly, I tried logging in on Internet Explorer (which I don't use, but thought to try) and everything is normal there. So.... some weird Firefox glitch?

Do you have any other addons?

~

Hmm, that is weird, Stormcaller. I guess I'll poke TJ and see if he can figure it out.

Do you have any other addons?

I didn't think about that. Disabled all my add-ons, and nothing changed. Still getting the broken image image where the sprites are supposed to be.

Huh, you're right. Lemme go get that reported.

Thanks, Sock. :3 I'd thought about doing that myself but wanted to check in here first.

I didn't think about that. Disabled all my add-ons, and nothing changed. Still getting the broken image image where the sprites are supposed to be.

Yeah, I've been having issue with the broken images too, but it really does seem to be only in Firefox? I've tried most things but it still won't work. Works just fine on mobile and in Chrome :/

Dragon Cave works just fine for me in Firefox, so I don't think it's just that. I wish I had some helpful suggestions. D:

Yeah, I've been having issue with the broken images too, but it really does seem to be only in Firefox? I've tried most things but it still won't work. Works just fine on mobile and in Chrome :/

I had been experiencing this earlier - all growing/dead eggs and hatchies had broken images - but clearing everything and restarting my Firefox fixed it.

If a person's scroll is burned, what happens to all the dragons?

Whatever TJ wants to do with them. He used to mass-release them or occasionally kill them, but lately he seems to have shifted to a policy of leaving them on the original scroll. I know of somebody who was burned at least 6 months to a year ago whose dragons still show their scrollname.

When you click someone's scroll and get the "charred and impossible to read" message - does it ALWAYS mean the scroll is burned? Could it be just hidden?

I'm getting this message when clicking the scroll I'm pretty sure is not burned (and if it is, that would be devastating, because it belongs to a very nice person). Unfortunately, I can't get in contact with that person to make sure.

I had been experiencing this earlier - all growing/dead eggs and hatchies had broken images - but clearing everything and restarting my Firefox fixed it.

I've tried that twice now and still all the images won't show up, but yeah, it's only eggs and hatchies that do it, though a random few seem to work just fine.

When you click someone's scroll and get the "charred and impossible to read" message - does it ALWAYS mean the scroll is burned? Could it be just hidden?

I'm getting this message when clicking the scroll I'm pretty sure is not burned (and if it is, that would be devastating, because it belongs to a very nice person). Unfortunately, I can't get in contact with that person to make sure.

I'm pretty sure that it always means they've been banned, and when their scroll is hidden you get the message "You can’t seem to find the scroll you’re looking for...".

If a person's scroll is burned, what happens to all the dragons?

These days, they stay on their scroll, it seems. There are at least 2 CB Prize dragons that you can click on in the dragcave wiki that are located on a burnt scroll.

Unfortunately, it only means it's burnt. sad.gif I was shocked, too, when I saw that this happened to a really nice person recently ... but they never showed up on the forum again, either, so I guess they left for good.

Thanks, Sock. :3 I'd thought about doing that myself but wanted to check in here first.

So I just tried again, only this time I moved a hatchling I had. Sort saved. I haven't heard from TJ - is it saving correctly now? If not, perhaps try moving something (and moving it back if you want) and seeing if that works.

Unfortunately, it only means it's burnt. sad.gif I was shocked, too, when I saw that this happened to a really nice person recently ... but they never showed up on the forum again, either, so I guess they left for good.

Wow, that's very sad. sad.gif But thanks for confirming... Maybe we are talking about the same person.