Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I don't think so, but you can always click a vampire action and see if the paper is listed. It doesn't mean you have to bite it. If it doesn't show, then you can't.

Silly typos

Edited by ainisarie

I don't think so, but you can always click a vampire action and see if the paper is listed. It doesn't mean you have to bite it. If it doesn't show, then you can't.

Silly typos

Oh, I see. Just did that and no paper eggs can not be bitten, it was listed but the bite option is not available.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the "unbreedables" can be bitten.

Only breedable dragons like Blacks, Whites, besides Vampires and Pumpkins all Holidays. Pygmies, Pumpkins (Two are better than one.), Two-Headeds, Drakes and Unbreedables cannot be bitten by a Vampire.

Vampires are Holiday Dragons!

I can't remember since I haven't been here for so long, but do influenced hatchlings stay influenced if traded before they gender? I remember hearing that eggs do not, but I can't remember. D:

Also, quick off topic question, but I'm making some badges and need a quick opinion on which has better readability ;n;

user posted imageuser posted image

I can't remember since I haven't been here for so long, but do influenced hatchlings stay influenced if traded before they gender? I remember hearing that eggs do not, but I can't remember. D:

You are right with influenced eggs. The influence wears off as soon as it leaves your scroll. But once an influenced egg is hatched, the influence is permanent (a hatchlings gender is determined the moment it hatches).

So you can trade influenced hatchies but not influenced eggs.

But keep in mind that influence has a small chance of failing.

Also, quick off topic question, but I'm making some badges and need a quick opinion on which has better readability ;n;

user posted imageuser posted image

I like the left one better smile.gif

Ah yeah, I forgot about the chances, well hopefully it works anyways. Alright awesome! Thank you so much for the help, on both questions! biggrin.gif

Hi, is anyone having problems with custom sorting? Particularly, legacy custom sort. I don't want to try the others, as I don't want to change how I've sorted the rest of my dragons. Every time I try to update/sort them, I get a blank or unresponsive window/tab.

Yeah, lots people have. Seems to be an ongoing problem. I have to make sure my adblock is off, then refresh several times real fast, it usually pops up then.

But it's a known issue.

Yeah, lots people have. Seems to be an ongoing problem. I have to make sure my adblock is off, then refresh several times real fast, it usually pops up then.

But it's a known issue.

Ok, thanks ^__^ I don't have an ad blocker or anything else that could be interfering with DC, I'll just have to keep trying. Have a great day and thanks again for the reply! *waves*

Hi, is anyone having problems with custom sorting? Particularly, legacy custom sort. I don't want to try the others, as I don't want to change how I've sorted the rest of my dragons. Every time I try to update/sort them, I get a blank or unresponsive window/tab.

I just tried legacy sorting and it worked fine for me. I'm using Chrome with adblock turned off (pssh, DC is like, the only site worthy of getting adblock turned off for me).

Maybe it's a browser issue?

could some tell me how to make a link as a word, I've forgotten

could some tell me how to make a link as a word, I've forgotten

There is a really good guide here in the TLQ above.

But even easier is using the "http://" button above the text box when you are composing your message. Click on that, enter the URL, click ok, then enter the word you want to appear as a link, then click ok again.

Edited by purplehaze

Thanx, I'll be saving that page this time

figured I should ask

is the line in my signature about my sister's lost egg ok or do I need to change it

Thanx again

Edited by InugamiZERO

Thanx, I'll be saving that page this time

figured I should ask

is the line in my signature about my sister's lost egg ok or do I need to change it

That line should be fine since it doesn't link directly to the egg.

Can somebody help me out with finding the forum user with the scroll name "Law-lee"? happy.gif

Your answer is a simple search away. You have the name, just filter by member name and mark show results as posts. Voila

Your answer is a simple search away. You have the name, just filter by member name and mark show results as posts. Voila

Thank you! For some reason when I'd search it I'd get an error

Would someone mind telling me what some of the most classic signs of multi-scrolling are?

I just couldn't help but become suspicious about someone I am waiting to trade with. This person has been a member on the forum since early August this year and they only have a Bronze Trophy for their scroll, with only 1 page worth of dragons. Yet this person has two CB Silvers (one is a hatchling, the other still an egg) and two adult CB Silvers that were caught in July.

In addition to that, I am waiting to do a trade with them (which was agreed upon just after noon in my time zone) where they get 5 CB Xenowyrm eggs from me and 2 CB Xenowyrm hatchlings in exchange for their CB Silver egg. But since this person only has a Bronze Trophy and had two eggs that were waiting to hatch and another that was waiting to be picked up by a friend of theirs, we had to wait with trading. A few hours later, the two eggs were hatched, but the other egg wasn't picked up by the friend yet. Not long after that, I received a message from this person in which they said that they were going to be at work for at least 6 hours, meaning that we would have to postpone the trade for another few hours. Well, out of curiosity, I checked again just now and saw that the egg had been picked up, but in its stead was suddenly a CB Mageia Xenowyrm egg and several CB Xenowyrm hatchlings. A few minutes later, when I went to check the person's scroll again, these were gone again. That is what brought on my suspicion, because not only does this mean that this person has access to Dragon Cave at work (so there is no real need to postpone trading), it seems that the person might have multiple scrolls to work with if they can trade so many rares back and forth in a short timespan. And for a supposed newbie at that!

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but this just didn't feel quite right and now I'm wary about trading with this person. Does the above fit with the signs of multiscrolling, or am I just being paranoid and seeing more than there really is?

Edited by Duysterwald

It's best to PM TJ or a mod with your concerns. They have ways of checking that we mere mortals do not.

Would someone mind telling me what some of the most classic signs of multi-scrolling are?

It's possible that they have a friend who got them on here, and gifted them some nice eggies.

Or they have family members already on here and they gifted them.

Being a newbie doesn't always mean only common eggies. They also could be just good at catching, like a high speed computer.

Lots of other options besides multi-scrolling.

Snip

Would you mind pming me the name of the person? This sounds like someone I just recently traded with who I did report to a mod but nothing was done to them as far as I know.

If it is the same person, then I would just like to say that I did trade a cb silver egg to them the other day. But what they're doing with switching the eggs/hatchlings around does seem very......interesting to say the least