Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I have a 2G male Swallowtail that I paired with 2G Thalassa - at first breeding they gave Thalassa egg, but as I bred them second time they gave Mageia egg - there's my Thalassa progeny list. Is it normal to breed two different Xenos from these 2G dragons?

What exactly is the motive for view bombing? It seems a lot of work to screw someone overlike that just because "if I can't have it no one can!"

To Lagie, Riverwillows and RecycledHeart: thank you for taking the time to write a response to my question! smile.gif

The person that I was talking about ended up reading my post in this thread, after which they contacted me and thoroughly explained their situation (which is that of multiple people in the same household using Dragon Cave). I am now convinced that they are a good, honest and reliable person.

However, I still advised them to let TJ or the moderators know that theirs is a case of several people in one family using Dragon Cave, so that misunderstandings like this will be avoided in the future. smile.gif

I can't remember if I've seen anything about this, I think I have, but better safe than sorry..

How do the people that make all the little Halloween and Easter sprites get chosen? Do they have to be in-cave spriters? Or can you just PM someone (TJ?) and have them entered to be chosen/used? I'd love to submit a few little sprites, but I'm not sure how..

I can't remember if I've seen anything about this, I think I have, but better safe than sorry..

How do the people that make all the little Halloween and Easter sprites get chosen? Do they have to be in-cave spriters? Or can you just PM someone (TJ?) and have them entered to be chosen/used? I'd love to submit a few little sprites, but I'm not sure how..

I don't know how they get chosen, but I'd say it never hurts to pm them to TJ closer to the time. The worst he can say is "thanks but no thanks."

I believe the artists have to have participated in other events or are invited by other spriters to participate.

Is an alt determined when the egg is laid or when it hatches?

It is when the egg is laid. You used to be able to tell by looking at the egg (they were very slightly different) but that changed some years ago.

What exactly is the motive for view bombing? It seems a lot of work to screw someone overlike that just because "if I can't have it no one can!"

Probably the same motives that people have for any sort of vandalism, whatever those are.

Would you mind pming me the name of the person? This sounds like someone I just recently traded with who I did report to a mod but nothing was done to them as far as I know.

This could get quite witch hunt-ish. =\

Please just PM a mod with the scroll or forum name and your concerns. There's no need to go spreading rumors around about other members.

I believe it is when the egg is laid.

In cave spriters. They will sometimes invite non-in-cave artists to help them. A good way to show you are up for this is to participate in dragon requests or poke about #arts in the DC IRC. However, you can always also PM an active in cave artist and offer your services (I'd choose artists by looking at the most recent events and seeing who participated in that).

For dragons that don't have a visual indicator of alting, the two possibilities should be functionally identical. That is, it could be either, and you'd have no way of knowing--nor would the answer benefit you in any way.

More and more often I keep seeing people who have banners that have problems generating scroll stats and when I click on it out of curiosity, thinking it must be because they hid their scroll. and instead I see: "You pick up the scroll labeled "_______" only to find that it is charred and impossible to read." What on Earth is going on?! blink.gif

It means that their scroll was burned for one reason or another. It's basically a ban.

How devastating. sad.gif I've never seen it happen before. ohmy.gif

Also another thing: My sister used to have access to her forum account earlier, but she sort of forgot about it and went inactive for a super long while. She'd like to come back, but the last time she tried to log in to her account she realized that she no longer knows her password AND that she had registered to the forum with an old e-mail address that she no longer uses (personal reasons). So I was wondering if someone on this forum (TJ, for example) could change the e-mail address for her? I'd provide the new one via PM if it's possible. smile.gif

Link to her forum account: click!

I'm asking because sometimes, when she wishes to help other players out and/or gift dragons she has to ask me if I could PM that specific user and send the teleport links or whatever to them on her behalf and this would make it a lot easier for both of us. But if it's not possible it's OK, we'll manage the way we did so far. biggrin.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

When it gets laid, definitely.

Years ago (before I even joined), black and vine alt eggs looked slightly different, but that got changed. And, when generating incubators, alt eggs would sort differently than regular eggs, which turned the incubators into some kind of "magic crystal ball" to foretell what kind of dragon would hatch. However, even that "glitch" was taken care of a while later.

(Of course, this was when we only had alts for blacks and vines...) However, since there is no way to tell whether an egg is alt or not, this discussion is a moot point, as TJ was so kind to point out.

How devastating. sad.gif I've never seen it happen before. ohmy.gif

Also another thing: My sister used to have access to her forum account earlier, but she sort of forgot about it and went inactive for a super long while. She'd like to come back, but the last time she tried to log in to her account she realized that she no longer knows her password AND that she had registered to the forum with an old e-mail address that she no longer uses (personal reasons). So I was wondering if someone on this forum (TJ, for example) could change the e-mail address for her? I'd provide the new one via PM if it's possible. smile.gif

Link to her forum account: click!

I'm asking because sometimes, when she wishes to help other players out and/or gift dragons she has to ask me if I could PM that specific user and send the teleport links or whatever to them on her behalf and this would make it a lot easier for both of us. But if it's not possible it's OK, we'll manage the way we did so far. biggrin.gif

TJ may change the email if she knows the old one and gives him the new one. TJ can be emailed. His email is on the bottom of all cave pages. Just click his linked name. However, due to security reasons, I would encourage your sister to just create a new account.

Do the Dragon Requests threads get hidden/deleted after a year of inactivity?

Yes. At this time, they can still be recovered if the request is yours and you PM myself or another help mod.

Oh, OK, thank you, Sock. biggrin.gif Since she doesn't remember the previous e-mail address (she purposely deactivated it, in fact), changing it would probably be useless, so if my sister is up for it, we'll see what we'll do and let TJ know. Thanks again. wub.gif

Oh, OK, thank you, Sock. biggrin.gif Since she doesn't remember the previous e-mail address (she purposely deactivated it, in fact), changing it would probably be useless, so if my sister is up for it, we'll see what we'll do and let TJ know. Thanks again. wub.gif

For security reasons, if she can't remember the old email, TJ likely won't change it to a different one. ^^;;

And would he be up for deleting her old account so that she could use her old username when creating the new one? If that is a considerable possibility it would be great. biggrin.gif

"You don’t have any unnamed hatchlings or dragons."

Why does this appear where the drop-down filter menu should be, making it impossible to select another filter if you select one that doesn't apply to any of your dragons?

I've run into a problem with the drop down menu sort for a day now. It wouldn't sort unless I have just rebooted the computor and then only once. This is happening (really not happening) in IE.

I just had to open chrome to influence some eggs and it seemed to be working ok on that browser. So my guess is something to do with TJ tinkering with the site and IE didn't like it? Help?