TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

Quick question: Do eggs take longer to hatch if you just spam 'em with views right when they hit 4 days?

If you start giving eggs views when they hit 4 days, they'll probably take at least an hour to hatch.

If you start giving them views a day or two ahead of time, which is what I do, they'll hatch pretty much the second they hit 4 days.

Probably it has something to do with the number of unique views. It's a heck of a lot harder to get a bunch of UVs all at once, as opposed to spaced out over a day or so. Or even five hours, the AP eggs are pretty easy to hatch right now even with me being out of incubates.

Yeah, I don't recommend waiting until they hit the 4 day mark. They are usually safe to put in hatcheries at 5 days, or even earlier if you are willing/able to watch them.

love the eggs. didn't like the alpine one at first either but once i saw the hatchie i got the color combo and now i like it a lot. i love all the oher ones too. so far my favorite ones are the orange and lime green ones as those are some of my favorite colors.

got one set that i influenced female and now i got my first egg of the set that i will influence male.

will offspring of each biome change color to the biome of the mate or are will they stay the same? i just think some would go well with the sunsongs and heartstealers and they aren't necessarily the same biome. was just curious.

Edited by spring_dragon

love the eggs. didn't like the alpine one at first either but once i saw the hatchie i got the color combo and now i like it a lot. i love all the oher ones too. so far my favorite ones are the orange and lime green ones as those are some of my favorite colors.

will offspring of each biome change color to the biome of the mate or are will they stay the same? i just think some would go well with the sunsongs and heartstealers and they aren't necessarily the same biome. was just curious.

We'll see! We won't know until people start breeding them. I hope they stay true to each type of Wyrm, but it could be dependent on Biome, Mana affiliation, or just random. At the very least, I hope that if they do produce different-colored eggs, it's some kind of predictable system, like the Coppers or the Stripes.

I put eggs in hatcheries when they get to around 6 days, then incubate at 5 days. Don't usually get sickness doing it that way (with the exception of the notoriously stubborn prizes and avatars).

k, got it

Will start putting them in hatcheries at 5 days, instead of 4. biggrin.gif

Desert one hatched, so I grabbed another Desert. smile.gif

I generally like adding them to a hatchery once they hit 6 days 10 hours, and then I'll add them to more hatcheries as they get older. I avoid incubating early on since the fansites will spam them with more views than they can handle all at once.

I have two squiggles on my scroll. biggrin.gif I still need one each from forest, jungle, and volcano to have a male and female of each. Two eggs hatch in 4 hours. I think I'll leave the volcano one for last just because that seems to be the one that was easiest to get (probably less people going for them?).

I have a cute Jungle squiggly on my scroll, and I'll I need to do now is wait for the others to hatch so I can get pairs from Coast and Volcano biggrin.gif

Yay, I'm slowly but surely grabbing up my second set! I just need one from the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano biomes. \o/

love the eggs.  didn't like the alpine one at first either but once i saw the hatchie i got the color combo and now i like it a lot.  i love all the oher ones too.  so far my favorite ones are the orange and lime green ones as those are some of my favorite colors. 

Ironically I'm the opposite. I really liked the alpine egg, but I am not a huge fan of the colors of the hatchling(just not my taste). On the other hand, the forest is not my favorite egg, but I love the hatchling colors.

Getting my second set was ridiculously easy. I only had to wait a few minutes for another alpine. Seriously, unless TJ changed things I think these are going to be really common. Even other common dragons have had more mixing by this time than this drop.

Edited by Nectaris

I wouldn't recommend trying to eat them, they might get offended. Especially the blue ones. But that's just me.

Now who could possibly want to eat something so cute? hopefully my little ones will feel safe on my scroll after they see my two hens and my little chick running around. If they can go uneaten by my dragons then these guys have nothing to fear. Whether or not my other dragons get annoyed is another story. xd.png

Getting my second set was ridiculously easy. I only had to wait a few minutes for another alpine. Seriously, unless TJ changed things I think these are going to be really common. Even other common dragons have had more mixing by this time than this drop.

I really, really hope so! I want so many of them, so very many.

It might also be because most people are only able to grab one of each kind at a time, so it takes longer for the ratios to balance out, because instead of everyone grabbing 4+ of just a single egg, most are grabbing 1 (or maybe 2 if you've got 7 egg slots) of each, so it takes longer to fill up the rarity quota.

Just an idea.

also, @ everyone calling them squiggles: keep saying it. It makes me giggle every time I read it, I love that nickname.

I have two adorable little snakes on my scroll, now! laugh.gif And seven eggs. Two of the eggs should hatch in about 3 or 4 hours, but then I have about 20 hours to wait after that before I can pick up the last of my second set. Ordinarily I try for 4 pairs of each dragon as a basic goal. Haven't decided how to count these. If I count them as 6 different dragons I will be busy for a long time trying to get what I need. wink.gif I may not decide until I see the adults and find out what their breeding habits are.

It might also be because most people are only able to grab one of each kind at a time, so it takes longer for the ratios to balance out, because instead of everyone grabbing 4+ of just a single egg, most are grabbing 1 (or maybe 2 if you've got 7 egg slots) of each, so it takes longer to fill up the rarity quota.

Just an idea.

also, @ everyone calling them squiggles: keep saying it. It makes me giggle every time I read it, I love that nickname.

Ooooh, that might be it. I thought these guys would count as the same in terms of population, but if its individually counted then it'll explain why its taking so long for things to balance out. ^^ I also hope it's counted individually to help avoid the Pyralspite situation from being replicated here.

Alpine and forest variety are my favorite colors, although all of them look beautiful. biggrin.gif

Eep! One of my eggs has a crack and all but one is ER. *squee* Come on out my little squiggle cuties. wub.gif

Ooooh, that might be it. I thought these guys would count as the same in terms of population, but if its individually counted then it'll explain why its taking so long for things to balance out. ^^ I also hope it's counted individually to help avoid the Pyralspite situation from being replicated here.

I don't believe they all count for the same population. If they did, that would be... painful and I would feel bad for all of you. x'D

Managed to catch one of each color, at the very least! Glad to see the Caves filled with these shiny, pretty eggs. I hope that all of these are, like, super common because I definitely want to get a lot of each. ^0^

Not only are the eggs gorgeous, but so are the babies. Not only do they have really nice color variety, but the slight bodily differences are neat too! ✨

I plan on collecting all of these, but my favorites so far are the Desert, Volcano, Forest and Coasts. 💕