Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

2 hours ago, SpagWaff said:

My current bad luck is that people can be so quick to snatch up eggs that I'm missing, every single time :')

This.  This so very much. I'd think by now everyone *else* had theirs so I can get mine. But then again, when an hour drop lasts less than two minutes, I don't have a chance.  That and not seeing an Yulebucks lately.:dry:

So very tired of "The egg you are looking for is no longer available. Another person may have grabbed it already."

Edited by prpldrgnfr

So many pretties to breed, so few eggslots. :P I guess I'll write this off as the CB collecting year and only breed things that already have a mate waiting. 

1 hour ago, prpldrgnfr said:

This.  This so very much. I'd think by now everyone *else* had theirs so I can get mine. But then again, when an hour drop lasts less than two minutes, I don't have a chance.  That and not seeing an Yulebucks lately.:dry:

So very tired of "The egg you are looking for is no longer available. Another person may have grabbed it already."

I know right??

Like, as SOON as an egg I need shows up, a millisecond later aaaand it's gone

Edit: Also as I try to click on one, the site goes down for maintenance.. Welp..

Edited by SpagWaff
Something that occured

Missed a 2G snow paired with the (gold?) shimmer Death in the AP. But I keep on picking up the other same snows over and over again.

(I dunno how I'd breed it, but still...)

Missed ALL the 2G Thuweds I was stalking.  (Just in case people think I have ALL the AP luck - lolno!)

Me, too. And I stalked only 4, for 2 hours. :dry:

And now the AP is throwing me a bad gateway error ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Yep, just missed a 2G Holly Thuwed too.

Yet I keep going. I'm far too stubborn.

I looked the Holiday Thuweds up, then realized I'd be sleeping when they hit the AP. Might be the first year I've not caught anything great in the Xmas AP.

I wouldn't call what some of us have "AP luck," or lack thereof. I'd say it's more like "fortunate skill." Most of us save the codes of CB prize, alts, and the like on a Google spreadsheet - or, if you're like me, in your head - and camp out in the AP when you know they're about to hit. Unless it really is a random grab, it's not luck.

2 hours ago, Miral said:

I wouldn't call what some of us have "AP luck," or lack thereof. I'd say it's more like "fortunate skill." Most of us save the codes of CB prize, alts, and the like on a Google spreadsheet - or, if you're like me, in your head - and camp out in the AP when you know they're about to hit. Unless it really is a random grab, it's not luck.

It *is* bad luck when the eggs don't even SHOW on the AP because of a crappy connection. I just noticed at some point that one of the eggs I've been stalking had already been grabbed and incubated, and the other 3 of the same clutch didn't show up at all either - I gave up when their timer was lower than the AP time.

Well, I admit I can't empathize with a bad internet connection, but I do sympathize. I wasn't taking that into account when I made my analogy. My point was that if you know when the eggs are going to hit, catching them successfully is much more skill than it is luck. Not that I don't believe in luck - I'm Celtic. It's practically an obligation. :D

It looks like I'm not going to manage any CB Hollies or Yulebucks. I'm just not fast enough!

Honestly, people here are so kind! Thank you!

Edited by prismatika

A very kind person approached me a while ago to offer her help breeding me some stuff. We've been bouncing nice things back and forth for a while since then, and I've kept most of the things that were offered initially in the back of my mind and/or in my notes. Except one. That one thing would be a Christmas thing, that I now have twice, because another friend of mine decided to gift me something off my Christmas wishlist (which was exactly that). XD

Sigh, I'm so stupid. :)

[ Edit: I got some help to take this up another generation. :D Still feel like a right idiot, though! ]

Edited by pinkgothic

Last day and I still can't make up my mind what I'm going to fill my slots breeding.  The best I can do it narrow it down to "mostly the CBs to....something."  :ph34r:  *back to browsing the breeding threads*

Not really bad luck per se, but I just came across an Aegis x Diamond pattern that I totally fell in love with - and of course all my CBs are already bred.

Next year!!

Should have known another beautiful DCer would come to the rescue. Thank you, @Gryphonic!

Edited by LibbyLishly

Aaaaaaaaaah I miscounted my growing slots!   Nothing will grow up until tomorrow!   </3

Oh well, it was worth it to have the CBs!

Thought I managed to get the last CB I need- a Yulebuck- but someone was quicker. Nice clicking, whoever got it!

I decided to hunt the AP for 2Gs earlier. Of course, I found a gorgeous 4G rosy-winged Solstice x Blue Gemshard checker. Well, I don't breed higher gen checkers. I thought it looked familiar though and...lo and behold, I already had a 2G mate from that exact pairing already lined up. But I never arranged a trade for that 2G Solstice. And now there's only an hour left. Most people bred their CBs days ago :(

Edited by The Dragoness

32 minutes ago, Jay4Jia said:

Both my 2 CB Hollies turned out to be males -_-

CB Hollies can only be male. The females came from past raffle wins.

Currently Having a difficult time finding people offering cb golds for cb hollies or even missing out on some since I never had one. Though I am hopeful I will break that bad luck one day. :)

30 minutes ago, Miral said:

CB Hollies can only be male. The females came from past raffle wins.

Really? Thanks! I was going to make the mistake of trading one for a female :D

Most of my 2g solstice hatchies are growing blue wings :(

I raised those eggs for days (during a very limited time-frame no less) only to get the color warning AFTER my eggslots had been used up on doomed lineages that are now pretty much worthless for lineage making.