Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Just realised that one of my favourite Holly-kins descends from an female Holly, which makes it harder to be able to find a mate for it since female Hollies are all exclusive, from my knowledge, anyway. :( 

With the return of the CB Hollies, I was glad to finally have the chance to find mates for these two Holly descendants but this makes it harder.

Also this:

image.png.bb700f6f89161d5153156b1045db1c73.png

Edited by lovecats99

7 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

I clicked on an egg from the ap but when i went to view it said the egg died with 1 view and i did not use the kill option now i’m locked with an egg i was going to abandon.

Sounds like a glitch to me. Tried a bug report (e.g. with a thread in the Help section)?

My first two zombie attempts just failed (two fogged-out nonholiday hatchies). They were survivors of the EATW viewbomb that I left fogged so long that heck, why not try it?

Edited by Gryphonic

Missed the two lineaged holly eggs I was hunting for. Actually SAW them both zip by this year and nope "this egg has been taken already lol sucks to be you" each time. Just why :(

The trading threads mock me. I searched carefully for hours until my fingers became stiff with cold for a certain egg in the AP and I now see someone is auctioning it.

Spent days tracking certain eggs in the AP. Finally got around to hunting for them today for hours just for them to be taken by other people. unu Better luck another time I suppose. 

I can´t find a New Release Egg with a nice readable All-Capital-Letter code =/   I´ve now taken in YFBAK, not perfect, but at least readable...

Edited by tjenni

46 minutes ago, DarknessDragon197 said:

Spent days tracking certain eggs in the AP. Finally got around to hunting for them today for hours just for them to be taken by other people. unu Better luck another time I suppose. 

You and I are kindred spirits in this aspect.

1 hour ago, Nyxity said:

The trading threads mock me. I searched carefully for hours until my fingers became stiff with cold for a certain egg in the AP and I now see someone is auctioning it.

That gives you at least a tiny chance at that egg, I suppose. The egg I was hunting for was picked up by someone without a forum account, it looks like.

^ 'Not a snowball's chance in heck. That is okay, though. I've never relied on my luck. 

I accidentally bred my CB pacified aegis to a messy lineaged dragon, instead of a nice CB. It wasn't a big deal, since I didn't need it for a lineage, but I would have liked to send something nicer to the AP.

So many Snow x Soulstone 2Gs in the AP - I acknowledge that it is a very pretty pairing, but I am trying to avoid too many more Holiday x Holiday pairings!  D:

8 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

So many Snow x Soulstone 2Gs in the AP - I acknowledge that it is a very pretty pairing, but I am trying to avoid too many more Holiday x Holiday pairings!  D:

And not a single one seems to have named parents.   :( I must have tossed back at least 8 different eggs.

Edited by Gryphonic

3 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

And not a single one seems to have named parents.   :( I must have tossed back at least 8 different eggs.

That too!  You and I are probably unknowingly playing egg ping-pong with them all!

With me in between XD

And I can't find the 4th gen Yulebuck/Whiter checker or 3rd gen Ribbon Dancer/White checker I'm missing - nobody seems to have bred those!

13 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

That too!  You and I are probably unknowingly playing egg ping-pong with them all!

Well, I must surrender the field.  My bad luck is that I have to sleep for work tonight, and I can't stay up longer to hunt the AP.   And the holiday wall will probably be gone in the morning.

Every time a holiday rolls around i think 'i need more reds, so i can find more pretty lineages in the AP before they're gone'

then i forget for the rest of hte year, or end up trying to grab CBs to trade for special eggs (and fail getting any of them), that i never remember to stock up on more reds before the next holiday rolls around

I guess before valentine's i need to just focus on breeding reds rather than trying to get CBs for special lineages that are always traded by the time i get the amount lol

@AngelsSin You could always make a mirror mate for her with male Hollies and female Golds. I think mirrors and other flip lineages are just as beautiful as regular checkers.

Missed catching a couple of sibling 3G White-winged Snow Angel x Fever Wyvern in the AP, then missed another sibling being gifted on the Notice Board.  The only ones I've seen this event.  This poor guy isn't getting a mate this year, is he. :dry:  Not to mention the only 3G Winter Magi x Fever Wyvern pair I caught was related to the one that needed it as a mate.

Got the WM, maybe I can still get the SA. :unsure:

Edited by Sunrunner

No one breeds their white winged snow angels. XD That's my bad luck. The worst luck was getting my least favorite in the first place. But I love my SAs anyway <3

2 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

While i’m glad that past holiday’s have been released and i am very happy to finally have CB Holly’s, i am upset that you can’t infl. any female which dashed my hopes of being able to breed a mate for 3rd EG Gold from female Holly checker unrelated to https://dragcave.net/lineage/5ALPW or https://dragcave.net/lineage/ReInE  the 4th gen Gold/Holly checker which is my grandma’s name who passed shortly before i got it, now i need to resign myself that i will never get a mate for it. Since the female Holly’s out there are all there will be cause there are no more HM prizes and the people who might have unrelated mates are no longer playing, i am so frustrated and sad that i am considering trying to zombify it.  :( 

She was more a mom to me than my own mother and it has left me feeling down that i can’t even trade for a mate, i miss her and don’t like seeing her dragon namesake alone and mateless. I know it is silly to let it bother me, but never the less it does.

So close.... :(  Should I ever happen on an unrelated 3G, I'll gladly breed you a baby.

2 hours ago, Earth Gurl said:

No one breeds their white winged snow angels. XD That's my bad luck. The worst luck was getting my least favorite in the first place. But I love my SAs anyway <3

My bad luck is that I keep catching pretty white-winged Snow Angels. I have the gold-winged sprite, so it hurts to toss them back XD

Hunting all week for 2nd gen snows with named parents, and I’ve only managed to find one. Why are they avoiding me? 😝