Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Just lost every single Christmas egg I've collected so far due to view bombing. Half of them were important eggs I needed for lineages, including some eggs I've waited all year to breed.

Ah, man I'm really sad. This is the one dragon cave holiday I love. This holiday is turning out to be one of the worst.

5 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Not just my bad luck, I guess... I just realized that even with CB Hollies available, I still won't be able to build mates for most of my Holly-related dragons, because I'd need female Hollies. :-/

yeah, you're not the only one... I am working on a big project to get to a 6th gen checker(m Gold x f Holly) and I am 2 f Holly offsprings short, just 2. And it is probably not happening because of the ones I do not have(and know about) 2 Holly owners haven't bred in years, 2 haven't been on the forums for over a year each(I've sent messages but never heard back) and 1 I cannot track down... And I can't use the higher gen checkers from any of those because they would make mine inbred. I was honestly counting on being able to influence Holly eggs we're getting because I thought that since the Honorable Mention ones were influenceable so would ours :(

I'm Trading CB Hollys for other Z Xmas CBs I need, but now that I have a Z CB Holly, I only have 1 slot to catch a Holly and send it over to someone. :rolleyes:

Being fussy about nameish codes.   If I can only have two of a breed, I want them to be something that appeals to me.  So I've set back my week's collecting by releasing some eggs and starting over. 

Also, aaaaalllll the lovely Solstices sitting there that I can't pick up!

Edited by Gryphonic

can't seem to get any CB christmas eggs that were released before 2013. :<

Edited by jengatower

5 minutes ago, jengatower said:

can't seem to get any CB christmas eggs that were released before 2013. :<

If you're lacking the fast internet + good reflexes combo, it may be a little harder for you. But the holiday biome should be relatively empty by the end of the week, and you'll be almost guaranteed to catch something good at that point. It's also a good idea to attend hourly drops, since that's when new eggs are spawned in the cave. Good luck on catching up!

I'm still getting view bombed and I've literally not posted my scroll or eggs anywhere.

The CB eggs I didn't post anywhere, I never do until they're at 4 days so I'm not sure why they got ultra spammed out of the blue.

I've hidden my scroll and name on my dragons. I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Edited by SamusShepard

So even the Winter Magis that had survived the viewbomb attack with just being sick, died even though being fogged. I’m honestly so devasted with the loss of all my eggs that this event, even though my favorite and the one I’ve been waiting for for all year, leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Might just come back to breed for trades and catch the new dragons, but otherwise this all seems like a terrible waste when it’s possible for other people to just kill the fun for everyone else. 

Not being able to catch a CB Holly for ****:dry:

Well I literally refreshed the AP for over an hour to try to catch my 2G Yulebuck offspring (I gifted the one I could keep). Finally saw 2 of them and they were grabbed immediately even though I was seeing 3 other Yulebucks cycling through consistently.. I'm sad I wasted all that time. Oh well lol.

Edit: And in an interesting turn of events, apparently someone actually took me up on my trade offer and pulled all 3 from the AP and that's why I didn't get them. XD 

Edited by innate

Can't catch yulebucks or hollies for the life of me, & they're all I need to complete my CB holidays. And having to work 10+ hours a day straight through the weekend leaves little hunting time. 

Saw an egg in the AP which was exactly what I was looking for, got rid of an egg to make space, egg was gone by the time I went to pick it up. :dry:

Nevermind, they threw it back!

Edited by lovecats99

The inability to catch my own **** CB Holly is really, really starting to get on my nerves. I've spent hours and opened thousands of frickin tabs and nothing.  I'm actually starting to wish the holiday biome didn't exist.

3 minutes ago, prpldrgnfr said:

The inability to catch my own **** CB Holly is really, really starting to get on my nerves. I've spent hours and opened thousands of frickin tabs and nothing.  I'm actually starting to wish the holiday biome didn't exist.

Have you checked the trading forum? 

Nursing back to good health three fogged dragons that were sick from a view bomber.  XD  I think I caught them in time since I had four sick until a few minutes ago. I'm glad I keep an eye on my eggs a lot during the day. At night I fog them so I can sleep soundly.

3 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

Nursing back to good health three fogged dragons that were sick from a view bomber.  XD  I think I caught them in time since I had four sick until a few minutes ago. I'm glad I keep an eye on my eggs a lot during the day. At night I fog them so I can sleep soundly.

Don't forget to use Ward!

1 hour ago, LibbyLishly said:

Have you checked the trading forum? 

Here and there-I haven't seen one yet that is asking for something I can offer, other than a 2G Prize, and I'd rather get a holiday-kin swap.  I'll keep looking, but it's also the feeling you get when you catch it yourself.  

47 minutes ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Here and there-I haven't seen one yet that is asking for something I can offer, other than a 2G Prize, and I'd rather get a holiday-kin swap.  I'll keep looking, but it's also the feeling you get when you catch it yourself.  

Odd, I know I saw some just looking for various bred Holidays. Maybe those all got traded already. 

But yeah, I know what you mean about that moment of satisfaction.

Earthquaked. Killed 4/5 holidays, including one with a beautiful lineage. 

Of course my first bad EQ was in a holiday time. 

3 hours ago, ShinyShinx said:

Earthquaked. Killed 4/5 holidays, including one with a beautiful lineage. 

Of course my first bad EQ was in a holiday time. 

Most EQ attempts go horribly wrong. It's a BSA many of us never use, especially during the holiday season.

Every other time it's worked quite well. Either not effecting my eggs at all or hatching them. Shoulda known it would have failed me eventually.

Getting frustrated with all the gorgeous lineaged snow angels in the AP with the wrong wing color for my scroll. I think I grabbed and re-released at least two if not three eggs each from the same three sets of parents. Where are all the gold-winged snow angels?