TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

I can't get any of them. I saw that yesterday they were everywhere in the specified areas, like a seasonal dragon egg, but now it's impossible to find one! Can't people let others take the eggs? I noticed some people had all their slots filled with just the new eggs... Could have let others take it, dude.

The creator of these new dragons said that it's only like this because it's the second day after the release and it's not mixed in with other breeds.

If people keep labeling them as rares then people are going to hunt for them like rares. Making them rares. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Sorry to say that, but this statement makes no sense. At all.

If it was true, there would be plenty of these eggs, dropping to catch up with their target ratios.

If they were anything like uncommons, they would be around.

If it's not a bug, then it is a "copper rarity class" egg.

Back when the blusangs were released, they were very difficult to catch after the first wave, but it WAS POSSIBLE.

I can't get any of them. I saw that yesterday they were everywhere in the specified areas, like a seasonal dragon egg, but now it's impossible to find one! Can't people let others take the eggs? I noticed some people had all their slots filled with just the new eggs... Could have let others take it, dude.

Everyone is entitled to play how they want as long as it's according to site rules. If someone wants to get one new egg then that's their decision. If someone else wants to get six or seven again that's their decision. Complaining about it won't get you or anyone else new dragons unless there's some secret to it?

Most people with full egg slots (like myself) got them all yesterday when they started falling :/

Don't blame others for your inability to catch the new ones.

There are plenty of people already trading eggs. There are many ways to get a few.

:3 Thank you - glad you're enjoying them!

Re: the scarcity of eggs - far as I know TJ hasn't commented much on the mechanics, but this early in a release when it comes to not even seeing them I wouldn't discount the impact of people just grabbing them really fast (especially given there's only one new kind, so attention isn't divided), as opposed to assuming that they're just not there at all. I know it's frustrating - believe me, I know - but I think some of the base assumptions people are working with as far as how new releases integrate into the cave are off.

(Also... I did not expect the male's pose to cause such confusion. Srry. xd.png)

It's what I'm getting from what they said.

hehe I really missed out on this one x] cant see a single egg! Time to keep hunting *grabs butterfly net*

They do look gorgeous though, nice work =)

The creator of these new dragons said that it's only like this because it's the second day after the release and it's not mixed in with other breeds.

If people keep labeling them as rares then people are going to hunt for them like rares. Making them rares. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

And no I didn't catch any. I was egglocked when the release happens and was like eh. Instead I kept my eggies. Today while hunting for them the ENTIRE day, I did not see a single one. So instead I just locked myself up with some more pretties. After a couple days have passed then they'll be easier to catch.

And yeah I think it freaking sucks that it happened on a sunday.  Like why. Sundays are awful for this kind of stuff.

I understand what you're trying to achieve with this post and I appreciate that, but this is extremely unusual behaviour for a new release. As in, no one is comparing these to how established dragons drop - we're comparing it to how other new dragons drop. Even other multi-biome releases did not have this sharp decline.

For this reason, "only like this because it's the second day after the release" genuinely does not explain it, unless something fundamental has changed about the way the site handles ratios.

Mind you, I'm not saying that to be flippant - that's also possible. There's a genuine chance none of us have to worry because this drop is just stretching out much more than previous new releases have ever stretched out, i.e. the way they drop now is how they'll always drop, and the frequency isn't going to decline any further, because TJ changed the way new releases behave in general, to make the matter less of a binge-on-the-first-day.

But assuming that the site still has the same mechanics as before and we just have a new species to play with is regrettably giving us very heavy-handed hints this is a cripplingly rare dragon.

Since TJ revealed this was a glitch, the heavy-handed hint of rarity is gone. wink.gif Phew! biggrin.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

The thing is, it's NOT just that people are grabbing them hecka fast. That's what happened with Gemshards and it was easy to tell the difference between that and what's happening here. Then, you'd -see- Gemshards, but they'd go insanely fast, so you wouldn't usually -get- it. Now, I'm not even SEEING any. AT ALL. I haven't seen ONE yet. So no, it's not that they're just being taken quickly. They are dropping at a MUCH lower rate than Gemshards did.

Honestly I've pretty much given up on this release. If they're this hard to get already and dropping this slowly already I'm not likely to get one any time soon. Sure they're up for trade for insanely inflated prices, but... insanely inflated prices mean I can't afford it on the trading market either.

Sigh. Congrats to those who were lucky enough to be around for the handful of hours in which these guys were available.

Edited by Lurhstaap

we haven't had a rare one for a while. most of the latest ones have been relatively common.

games, which this is, are not necessarily meant to be easy. if everything was easy all the time wouldn't you seriously get bored?

yeah, i wish i had grabbed more coppers (in general) and pyralspites (from the coast and alpine) on their release dates as i haven't been able to get one since but its not an extreme priority to me. i might wish i had caught more of this one when i see the adult, but my life isn't going to end because i didn't catch 7 of them.

i caught/bred eggs that i was not willing to abandon right before this release.

will probably be the last time i visit this page during this release as i am tired of all the negativity.

that being said: nice job on the sprites so far!

Being hard is one thing. Being close to impossible is quite another. Challenging is fun. Catching Gemshard eggs was challenging. This is just frustrating. And speaking as a game designer myself, I would WANT my players to say most of what's been said in this thread. I haven't seen much real negativity. Feedback is very important to making a good game and I'm sure TJ knows that whether he agrees with any individual bit of feedback or not.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Heh... soooo the sprites sure are interesting. Any name guesses? ^^;

Heh... soooo the sprites sure are interesting. Any name guesses? ^^;

Someone guessed Apprentice dragons earlier, because of their sort order.

Edited by ab613

About Apprentice dragons: But it wasn't deleted by the mods, which happens if someone guesses correctly.

ETA: @Shadowfighter - oh wow.

GO TO THE DESERT!! NOW!!

There were five or six of the new eggs in the Desert just now.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I know it's cruel but to be honest I hope I finally have sth valuable to trade... ^^; For the 1st time actually...

Edited by VixenDra

Well, I've just saw like a thousand falling on Desert and some more on the Forest... guess they're not that rare after all e.e

There was a temporary issue where the cave wasn't actually reacting to the population of the new dragon, but it's been fixed now.

I usually try to get two of each new release (male and female) the day they come out. Then if I decide that I really like them, I'll hunt for more.

Well, I've just saw like a thousand falling on Desert and some more on the Forest... guess they're not that rare after all e.e

Or TJ was simply tired of all the whines flooding the thread laugh.gif edit: oh, or noticed there was a technical problem^^;

eh... so I perhaps don't have anything valuable to trade... sad.gif

Edited by VixenDra

There was a temporary issue where the cave wasn't actually reacting to the population of the new dragon, but it's been fixed now.

Ahhh, I wondered if it was a glitch since they stopped dropping so suddenly. What a relief. xd.png

Ah, wonderful! Thanks for the info, TJ. Glad they're falling normally now. biggrin.gif

edit: Normally for releases, I mean.

Edited by ab613

Oh wow, so there was a glitch. Thanks for fixing it! *super happy right now*