TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

Ayelldee and I think DC is all a huge graduate-study independent project in Sociological impacts.

I haven't been able to catch any more. I wanted two pairs, so I ended up trading my 4th gen simmer for one

Ayelldee and I think DC is all a huge graduate-study independent project in Sociological impacts.

Lol, you're not the only ones! laugh.gif

I agree, this seems like a belated April fools prank...

Sound pretty convincing. wink.gif

This is depressing. By this, I mean this forum...

I don't get to be around for a lot of releases because of my busy schedule, but this is the first one I've been here for where the eggs were gone quickly. The mood difference compared to releases where eggs are more plentiful is just staggering.

For real, guys... Cheer up. They're just eggs. I had some for breakfast this morning. unsure.gif

These eggs just...vanished. My friend got a few around 5am central time (America) and then one the next hour neither of us saw a single one. I haven't seen any since. I know they're dropping still, but super rarely. I wonder if these will be the next CB metals or CB Almandine/Spessertines?

I'm already at my limit trying to get CB metals, Spessartine, Almandine, and a bunch else, I really don't need another dragon like that.

That aside, the S2 hatchlings look very nice! I wasn't too keen on the S1.

This certainly has been a strange release, and I've been playing since 2008, so I've played through the original vampires, the first autumns, the first leetle trees, etc....

*lol* That's a truly philosophical statement:

It's funny.

And sad.

And it sums up about 30pages of posts.

cool.gif

I don't get to be around for a lot of releases because of my busy schedule, but this is the first one I've been here for where the eggs were gone quickly. The mood difference compared to releases where eggs are more plentiful is just staggering.

For real, guys... Cheer up. They're just eggs. I had some for breakfast this morning.  unsure.gif

Be careful. In this context a bunch of really sad-angry-frustrated people might suspect that you destroyed some of the new eggs just to make an Omelette. That could have life-threatening concequences... ohmy.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

For real, guys... Cheer up. They're just eggs. I had some for breakfast this morning. unsure.gif

But were they green eggs? With or without ham curlicues? laugh.gif

Should TJ not know that people are unhappy when this sort of thing occurs, and just get discouraged and keep wandering off site because they came to have fun and didn't?

Feedback is actually a good thing. smile.gif

We've been over this :/ If they drop for 24 hours they'll be supersuper rare after they finish dropping, instead of just sorta rare like some people are finding them now. TJ didn't think 'I'll make it so only people who get there in the first ten hours can get them', it's just that the ratios would be thrown right out if it carried on any longer.

I would assume that TJ is competent enough to make drops for X hours not count towards the ratios. That is all that's really needed for 24 hour drops that don't frick up the ratios.

And in any case, having the release on a Sunday is a spectacularly poor choice considering that people have brought up how many problems there are with that timing before.

Then I'm wondering what part of Europe you're living in, because I live in Belgium (Western Europe) and the first drop was around 9 in the evening for me. Which isn't that late at all, not even if you have to get to work the day after. (At least, I think it was 9, could have been 8; but I don't think so) I got online just before 10 in the evening, like I usually do and noticed the new release. So I filled up my scroll at the 10 pm drop wink.gif

It was earlier than that, because at 8 pm I picked the car to drive somewhere and I remember seeing them before that happened. Unfortunately I was not in the mood for hunting and thought these guys would be more common.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to trade some second gens or something.

Desert, forest, and jungle eggs, eh? These festive little green buggers look like a challenge to catch. Thanks TJ!

/slinks off to the biomes to hunt

ahaha well I didn't get an egg but I did get something else much much more shiny so yaay for me

Edited by car340

I would assume that TJ is competent enough to make drops for X hours not count towards the ratios. That is all that's really needed for 24 hour drops that don't frick up the ratios.

And in any case, having the release on a Sunday is a spectacularly poor choice considering that people have brought up how many problems there are with that timing before.

This. I know that I'm DEFINATELY very much HUGELY disappointed at the fact that I've been up since 8 ack emma EST and it's now 5:15 pm EST and STILL haven't even at the very least glimpsed one in ANY of the three domes. sad.gifsad.gif I give up.ONLY way I'll ever get one is if somebody decides to breed/gift one to me.*gives up computer back to it's owner*

But there also were people who said that they couldn't be there for a release on any day but Sunday.

Randomly timed releases were announced, and a Sunday is as good for that as any other day, in terms of randomness. Most people are as busy on a working day as others are on a Sunday. (Busy in the meaning of not being able to spend much time in the Dragon Cave.)

So I guess this release would have annoyed many people no matter what day it was, just because of its duration. And I'm not sure if tweaking the ratio count is as simple as that... sad.gif

@Europe release time:

In Germany it was 7 pm (including daylight saving time).

Egg description:

This delicately patterned egg is sitting in the sunshine.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Seeing how scarce they've become it makes me really happy to know that I grabbed two when I did. I hate that others are having such trouble. If they do end up being rare or very hard to come by I'll be gifting any babies that I breed from my pair to the Departures thread if they gender right and if they don't refuse each other. unsure.gif

Huh, these seems to really rare eggs, since I haven't managed to even see one. Guess I should have really checked out earlier news about release.... dry.gif And I haven't got any tradeworthy eggs (all breeding attempts failed spectacularly).

On more positive note, I did finally catch two more gemcrusted eggs smile.gif

PS. These new hatchlings look adorable, if only I managed to get in my hands even one egg.... ninja.gif

thats awesome!!

they might as well use this site to study 100% consumer driven free market market economics too xd.png

Oh man, I didn't know they'd be so rare....it's so weird because (at least for me) they were SO easy to pick up during the release!

And same - I'd be more than happy to breed mine for others so people can at least have some 2nd gens ; 7 ;

Also those hatchlings <333 Do we know who sprited them yet?

The creator of these new dragons said that it's only like this because it's the second day after the release and it's not mixed in with other breeds.

If people keep labeling them as rares then people are going to hunt for them like rares. Making them rares. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

And no I didn't catch any. I was egglocked when the release happens and was like eh. Instead I kept my eggies. Today while hunting for them the ENTIRE day, I did not see a single one. So instead I just locked myself up with some more pretties. After a couple days have passed then they'll be easier to catch.

And yeah I think it freaking sucks that it happened on a sunday. Like why. Sundays are awful for this kind of stuff.

Edited by RecycledHeart

Guys, I think I know the name.

It sorts between Albino and Arsanis in the Dragonopaedia and between Albinos and Balloons on the scroll.

I INFER... THAT THE NAME IS...

Apprentice Dragon!

Edited by DanielDragonist

Oh man, I didn't know they'd be so rare....it's so weird because (at least for me) they were SO easy to pick up during the release!

And same - I'd be more than happy to breed mine for others so people can at least have some 2nd gens ; 7 ;

They are Imbecamiel's work ^^

Imbecamiel is the artist for these little guys.

Man, I wonder if I should stop checking the Forest for these things. Most of the ones I've seen have turned up in the Desert, and sometimes in places that very obviously would have given me enough time to grab it if I had refreshed in that biome instead because I was able to see it even after taking all that time to move over to it. >_<

Edited by Tehya Faye