TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

True - it seems a sharp contrast to Plateds and Striped Rivers but everyone was madly going after Gemshards then so of course the taper was smoother for each individual breed of that release.

I'm sticking to trying to get four, regardless of rarity :3 Just hoping my patience doesn't stick me at the two I got last night.

and yes, still trying to summon, thankfully not yesterday xd.png I don't much like the avatars because they make lineages look messy but it'd be cool to be able to gift them.

The Gemshards are still dropping pretty thick and fast though - we managed not to shoot ourselves in the foot on that tongue.gif

Well the eggs I need are Copper Silver Tinsel and Shimmer Scales

I got my eggs yester

DARN!!!! New Release and I was out of town!!!! Checking the Cave now, but nothing... sad.gif Guess I'll have to trade for them....

Yay, so I'm not the only one who's thinking that! I don't really like the eggsprites, but the hatchies are soo pretty wub.gif

I hope the adults will look just as good biggrin.gif

Edit because apparently I can't write ^^'

*nods* i love how the male and female have different colored accents, and the drab green color on them is very nice.

i cant wait to see the adults body style to see for sure what sprites they'll look best with, but Canopies (and vines) are high up there for me right now

edit - just didn't a breed sort and these new guys fall between Albino's and Balloon's

Edited by Red2111

I'm surprised how quickly these guys became rare. blink.gif

Glad I was around when they released yesterday.

Managed to finally spot and grab egg #6 in the desert after four 5 minute refeshes. Unfortunately, I have no male pinks left to influence. I guess I'll just have to trade after they gender.

I really like the s2 hatchlings, I bet these are going to be just gorgeous when they grow up. However, maybe it's just because I'm hungry, but these are reminding me of a tasty salad with lots of yummy vegetables. Can I eat them? ohmy.gif

welp guess I missed it d:

oh well, I usually end up trading for new releases anyway because of slow internet club membership xd.png

thanks to TJ and the spriters for the new addition!

Are we sure that everything is working as it should do?

I'm sitting in the cave since two hours but haven't seen a single new egg.

I've seen passing eggs of all sorts, even rares and groups of Gemshards/Colossi/Rivers like it still was their release, but not the April eggs. Their behaviour is more like the Gold/Silver's one than a freshly released egg, as they're in cave since less than 24h and they even aren't Metallics.

I'll pass on changing the release day without advice (I checked this Saturday if there was a new release, so on Sunday while I had to be out all the day I was sure I wouldn't miss a thing) and right for an apparently extremely rare egg, but I was here for the Coppers release and in the following 24h and more they weren't so impossible to spot.

Now I'll retire, I wasted two hours of my life (while I had other stuff to do) without a result and haven't more available to waste. I'll try to trade them, but since I still have to complete the Coppers after all this time I haven't hope in getting them so, unless I could sell my soul.

Whats funny about people looking for these particular eggs is I have found a Rainbow copper before it was snatched up. Also saw a Silver but it was nabbed, although it seemed unusually slow. Usually those are quick to be picked up but with MOST people looking for the new ones I was able to grab them. So there is a small positive. biggrin.gif

Edited by Kadiskas

Something is wonky with the site. When I'm on the site on my computer, it lags extremely badly. I was able to catch the eggs through my phone, which is rather slow.

And this release once again is proof to me, that I need to catch at least 6 of a new release within the first two hours, it was also 20:00 on a Sunday evening when I got wind of the new release, which limited the time I had to catch, as I work full time, and can't visit external sites, expect at lunch time.

Are we sure that everything is working as it should do?

I'm sitting in the cave since two hours but haven't seen a single new egg.

I've seen passing eggs of all sorts, even rares and groups of Gemshards/Colossi/Rivers like it still was their release, but not the April eggs. Their behaviour is more like the Gold/Silver's one than a freshly released egg, as they're in cave since less than 24h and they even aren't Metallics.

I'll pass on changing the release day without advice (I checked this Saturday if there was a new release, so on Sunday while I had to be out all the day I was sure I wouldn't miss a thing) and right for an apparently extremely rare egg, but I was here for the Coppers release and in the following 24h and more they weren't so impossible to spot.

Now I'll retire, I wasted two hours of my life (while I had other stuff to do) without a result and haven't more available to waste. I'll try to trade them, but since I still have to complete the Coppers after all this time I haven't hope in getting them so, unless I could sell my soul.

Well if there breedable I could breed you some eggs since you can't get any

Actually I think that since dragon cave is played all around the world the game itself should give enough time to everyone to enjoy it. With the new system relases fall at 6.00 PM for me. I wasn't on PC and I simply hadn't enough time to open my PC before go to bed. 24 hours should be the very least amount of time given to allow everyone to properly participate to every new relase, imo.

Digging the colors on these hatchies. wub.gif I think both sprites are adorable, but the male's neck and head kind of reminds me of a bundle of asparagus. laugh.gif

That would match their position in breed sort, Asparagus dragons laugh.gif

Actually I think that since dragon cave is played all around the world the game itself should give enough time to everyone to enjoy it. With the new system relases fall at 6.00 PM for me. I wasn't on PC and I simply hadn't enough time to open my PC before go to bed. 24 hours should be the very least amount of time given to allow everyone to properly participate to every new relase, imo.

We've been over this :/ If they drop for 24 hours they'll be supersuper rare after they finish dropping, instead of just sorta rare like some people are finding them now. TJ didn't think 'I'll make it so only people who get there in the first ten hours can get them', it's just that the ratios would be thrown right out if it carried on any longer.

Well if there breedable I could breed you some eggs since you can't get any

A lot of people have CB Scroll Goals though.

So I can see where this frustration is coming from if people hunt for hours and not even seeing them.

While it's really sweet of you, for people doing lineage projects Gen 2 Dragons are just not the same ^^;

Seen that, been there myself.

Looks like we have a change in new breed releases - I did not expect Sunday.

Unfortuntaly the drop started what was midnight for me - so I long since was in bed - I last checked 9pm (my time) on Sundy. I went to work today and I as I come back and check the cave the drop is already at a difficult stage...This does not feel very satisfying dry.gif

oh well - I hope I will get them eventually smile.gif

I haven't seen any of the new eggs on the site and every hourly drop has locked up for me. I have a fast internet connection.

I'm not crushed, but it does seem like, if ratios are important, then there should be a limit on the number of dragons that each scroll can have during the first X-hours of a drop.

Some folks got 6-7 eggs and some got zero. I know this game isn't designed to be 'fair' but it is annoying to not even have a chance.

As an example, since I came back to the game last year after a hiatus, I have seen exactly one CB copper and zero golds or silver in the cave. Honestly, I don't get why some dragons need to be rare at all. That part of the game doesn't appeal to me-- in large part because sitting in front of a computer screen clicking like crazy to try to find something is a waste of time I could be using to do something else. /rant

I know some folks like the thrill of the chase and I've adapted by focussing on breeding easier to find dragons, however, it would be nice to have a better chance at spotting a new release while still having a life.

I really like the s2 hatchlings, I bet these are going to be just gorgeous when they grow up. However, maybe it's just because I'm hungry, but these are reminding me of a tasty salad with lots of yummy vegetables. Can I eat them?  ohmy.gif

That would match their position in breed sort, Asparagus dragons laugh.gif

Yummmm, asparagus... one of my favorite vegetables. Now I'm hungry too.

I've never actually tried EQ before because I'm too much of a chicken. (In 5 1/2 years of playing, I've never lost an egg except to ND experiments.) Now I'm impatient enough to have babies to name that I'm actually tempted, though...

I haven't seen any of the new eggs on the site and every hourly drop has locked up for me. I have a fast internet connection.

I'm not crushed, but it does seem like, if ratios are important, then there should be a limit on the number of dragons that each scroll can have during the first X-hours of a drop.

Some folks got 6-7 eggs and some got zero. I know this game isn't designed to be 'fair' but it is annoying to not even have a chance.

As an example, since I came back to the game last year after a hiatus, I have seen exactly one CB copper and zero golds or silver in the cave. Honestly, I don't get why some dragons need to be rare at all. That part of the game doesn't appeal to me-- in large part because sitting in front of a computer screen clicking like crazy to try to find something is a waste of time I could be using to do something else. /rant

I know some folks like the thrill of the chase and I've adapted by focussing on breeding easier to find dragons, however, it would be nice to have a better chance at spotting a new release while still having a life.

This. sad.gif

Is the relase for everyone? Because i didn't see none of the new eggs

I haven't seen any either...don't even know the description for the new egg in order to know what to look for,though...I did just snag a CB silver so...kinda good luck?wink.gif

We've been over this :/ If they drop for 24 hours they'll be supersuper rare after they finish dropping, instead of just sorta rare like some people are finding them now. TJ didn't think 'I'll make it so only people who get there in the first ten hours can get them', it's just that the ratios would be thrown right out if it carried on any longer.

I didn't really see many topics delving into ratios and mechanics behind the game, so I'd love to see if this is a fact, not a theory. :3

I like the idea of 24 hr drops, especially since after this short release we've gotten a lovely, but pretty hard to catch dragon and after a longer release we'd probably also have a difficult to catch dragon... so I really don't see all that much of a difference here, other than that were the drop longer then a few hours there'd be a lot less unhappy players and less complaining overall (not 'no complaining', that's just unrealistic tongue.gif).

Edited by stagazer_7

This is the exact reason why part of me wants to give up on DC.