TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

the location doesn't make a difference for the new dragon released, at least not that we know of.

the only reason why the location is important right now is because of how coppers breed. when you breed a CB copper to another dragon, the color of the 2G copper is based off the mothers biome.

for instance - i'll only be able to ever get a Red copper sibling to her. i'll never be able to breed myself a brown copper. instead i have to find a person who has a balloon caught before biomes were added (or hope that balloons will one day be added to either the Desert or Volcano biomes), so that the Location says "Cave".

given that TJ has introduced this sort of breeding mechanic, its logical to assume that future dragons might also have this sort of mechanic as well. so people play it safe and get a pair from all three biomes

Oh okay, thanks! I have only one cb copper so I don't know much about breeding them..

And wow I really hope that in the future the biomes doesn't have effect on breeding results.

My babies are going to hatch in 4 hours. wub.gif

Too bad I'll be working by then but oh well. I'm so excited to see the adults! ^-^

I'll have a group of four hatchlings in less than four hours, all my male influenced, and one of my female. Looking forward to going hunting again!

ETA: Scratch that, all six of mine will be hatching in less than four hours. :3

Edited by shadowfighter

I was away for the weekend, and didn't get back to my computer until about 2:00pm CST Monday. I didn't notice the news about the new release. I did some breeding, noticing the lag at the hour and the fives, but didn't see the new eggs until around 6:00pm, which seems to have been after the glitch was discovered and subsequently fixed. I tried to click on one or two, but no luck. I had checked out the cave earlier when I picked up the 2 CBs, but since it was after the regular eggs were mixing with the new ones, it just seemed normal.

This was the first time I'd missed the first day of a new release. I'd always previously been able get the new eggs during the flood, when they were the only things available. But even though it was almost 30 hours into the release, I was still able to egg-lock myself within 2-3 of the five-minute drops. I had 2 bred eggs, and 2 CBs, so I was only able to get 3 of the new ones. After another hour or so, one of the CBs came off cool-down, so I released it and picked up my fourth new egg without any problems.

I started reading the forum after egg-locking myself. TJ's eggs had already hatched. I missed the excitement of waiting for the eggs to start cracking, and then seeing who had sprited the new dragons. Thanks, Imbecamiel, they are fabulous!

It took several hours to read through to the present, but I relived the drama of the egg flow stopping, then the glitch being fixed, complete with all the speculation of rarity, and complaints of unfairness. I'm glad I didn't have to go through that live.

So now it's Tuesday, I have 2 pairs influenced, and I'm waiting the full 24 hours before incubating my babies and then adding them to a hatchery. I get to wait for the hatchlings to grow up along with all of you, live this time. Love the new babies, and thanks for the new release. smile.gif

Edited by snave

Mine are at 4d4h - I want to beat them with the Hurry-Up-Already Stick. Patient - not.

Glad you could make it, Thom! Good to see you.

Mine are at 4d4h - I want to beat them with the Hurry-Up-Already Stick. Patient - not.

Ehehe, I've smacked them with the stick multiple times. tongue.gif

Thanks, Di. Good to be seen. smile.gif

Are you thinking about EQ? I know you were one that had some success, along with a deader or two, in previous new releases. I tried too early last time, and I think that's what caused the multiple dead eggs for me.

Peoples must have site that makes them hatch very fast -.-

Nah, we have incubate. Also hatchsites, but mostly incubate.

Just over an hour before mine start hatching! *bounces impatiently*

@ STETHACANTHUS You could add yours to a couple more hatcheries from the List of Active Fansites, if you want to - https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=89465

That'd help them get ready to come out faster. If you incubated your eggs now, they could hatch in just over 8 hours. ^^ (If you don't have enough Red dragons to do it, then it'll be a little over a day when they hatch. So you'll probably have babies right about the same time that TJ's grow up!)

Edited by Imbecamiel

I'll wait and how do you have the paint badge?

The paint badge is given to users who are in-cave spriters.

Thanks, Imbecamiel for the new pretties!

Edited by prpldrgnfr

I'll wait and how do you have the paint badge?

The paint badge is for artists who have made at least one dragon that's been released in the game. ;)

ETA: Ninja'd! And you're very welcome, prpldrgnfr!

Edited by Imbecamiel

The one I traded for a red copper back when they were looking super rare will hatch the first of mine, in less than 2 hours :3

I should probably regret that trade but having another copper would have made me anxious trying to find a mate :/ I wouldn't have regretted the trade if they'd stayed rare and them turning out not to be can only be a bonus tongue.gif

I'm not a huge fan of the shade of green on the eggs but it's lovely on the hatchies and they're so pretty when they're gendered wub.gif I like that it's red on the lads and blue on the lasses too; blue for boys never made any sense to me but a lot of people go for it by default.

5 more hours * sighs* the wait is why I prefer to catch at the first drop, the extra time locked is trying my patience- I need one more from the jungle ( and a Z code from two biomes) tongue.gif

I'm calling these dragons Sunshine Dragons!

I'm calling them adorable. xd.png

It's nice to see the Forest and Jungle biomes getting so much love lately. Most of the time the other four get most of the attention because of the rare breeds that lurk there. Blusangs, Thunders, Ice, etc. These last two releases have really helped increase the number of people hunting in the less popular biomes. smile.gif