TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

Yup, for a lot of us, if we don't catch during a Flood when we can hammer-click on only new eggs, we won't manage any if they're in demand and not uber-Commons - and new dragons always are for some time, irrespective of any other factors.

It sucketh...

I can't really make out the wings on the hatchlings, but these look pretty cool. Kudos for giving the female the blue markings and the male, red ones. The male also looks a bit phallic, but that could be my dirty mind. I like the interactive poses.

I'm a bit discouraged to see that these are dropping like rares since I still have two more to catch and I'm locked with an egg that doesn't hatch for seven more hours and an egg that I've bred and been holding as a replacement for someone.

I hope they're hard to catch because there is only one breed and not because they are intended to be rare.

Yup, for a lot of us, if we don't catch during a Flood when we can hammer-click on only new eggs, we won't manage any if they're in demand and not uber-Commons - and new dragons always are for some time, irrespective of any other factors.

It sucketh...

It suketh indeed. I'm glad now that I had room for the ones that I got yesterday, even if I couldn't get a full clutch. Glad I had some hatchies I was willing to ditch.

It really sucks that this release does not continue for 24 hours. I live in in CEST so the news about the release goes online at 7:00 PM my time and it now it is clearly not 7:00 PM my time so under twenty-four hours to give everybody around the world the chance to get at least one egg.

@Pyralsprites

I was there for the realease the last couple of hours or only a few hours. I try to catch them in every biome but i only managed to catch eggs from Volcano and we all know which eggs are so common that nobody wants them? dry.gif Yes, the Pyralsprites will be a common breed... sleep.gif

They're already gone? My schedule is very strange so I had no time to catch them... great :/ I was told new releases drop a ton for at least 24 hours. Is this not the case anymore? Was I told wrong?

Has it been determined that these guys are rares? I was lucky and got 3, but we have to remember that everyone is going after the same egg in the 3 biomes so they go really quick. I do admit it is unfortunate for the people who missed it, but don't give up!

This would make sense if they were dropping more. I've seen all of two in about an hour of hunting; Gemshards were and still are to a lesser extent hard to catch, but they dropped frequently. These are not dropping like commons.

They're already gone? My schedule is very strange so I had no time to catch them... great :/ I was told new releases drop a ton for at least 24 hours. Is this not the case anymore? Was I told wrong?

Nobody but TJ knows... sad.gif

We should made a request that whenever there is a release the dragon or dragons should drop for at least 24 hours.

I prefer that someone who's native language is English start this request.

I missed The Flood because of life, and now I can't see the new ones at all. I'm very disappointed. I miss the days when The Flood ran for nearly 24 hours because of people in different time zones. I hope it doesn't take forever for me to just catch one! sad.gif

Nobody but TJ knows... sad.gif

We should made a request that whenever there is a release the dragon or dragons should drop for at least 24 hours.

I prefer that someone who's native language is English start this request.

Wow that's absolutely ridiculous... extremely unfair for no reason at all. Everyone should be offered an equal chance to catch new release eggs, not just people who happen to not be busy/working/sleeping for a few completely random hours :/

No idea what's going on, I just saw the announcement on the side of the DC page tongue.gif By the sounds of it I missed them? But if they're permanent releases then surely they will just keep filtering into the cave? I must be missing something, not sure why people are saying they will never get one?

Edited by Petrel

No idea what's going on, I just saw the announcement on the side of the DC page tongue.gif By the sounds of it I missed them? But if they're permanent releases then surely they will just keep filtering into the cave? I mist be missing something, not sure why people are saying they will never get one?

Because these are shaping up to be like Coppers, meaning that a lot of people will never be able to get one unless they're very lucky.

For all releases, they will usually flood for the first few hours of their release and then the common (and sometimes uncommon) ones will be easier to see and catch in the first 24 hours. Rares, not so much. Except for the release that lasted for a few days straight, there has never been a flood of just new [non-holiday] eggs that lasted more than a few hours.

Edited by Jazeki

Ah okay, but surely if folks are breeding them they will turn up in the abandoned area eventually? In any case, the egg is pretty smile.gif *adds it to list of things yet to be collected*

Ah okay, but surely if folks are breeding them they will turn up in the abandoned area eventually? In any case, the egg is pretty smile.gif *adds it to list of things yet to be collected*

For many, bred ones won't suffice (e.g. lineage requirements, scroll goals, etc.), and they could very well be just as hard to obtain in the AP; Coppers and Prizes don't exactly stick around long in there, regardless of lineage.

Noooooooo! T-T I missed the release! *crys*

It seems they are rares too.....T-T

Boy it looks like I was extremely lucky yesterday afternoon when I checked the 'Conjectures About An April Release' thread and dashed right here then grabbed my new eggs. Are they still NOT falling? Kinda not fair to a lot of people if the drops are over now.

ETA: I don't have any from the Jungle though, just the Forest and Desert. Maybe someone will trade.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I'm sure bred ones will turn up in the AP and/or in gifting threads. smile.gif

More so than Coppers, I think, because the Coppers came out in the middle of a multi-breed-mass-release, so even the people that were there then didn't have all their eggslots open to fill up on them. These came all alone, so most people who were there when they still flooded should have gotten four to seven of them, creating a solid base for breeding.

Oh well. Missed this one so that blows my collecting one from every release date. dry.gif And with the biomes blocking seems like it will be a long time before I get the new one anyway. Pfft.

I love the S2 hatchlings! The colors are absolutely stunning. I'm having one problem though...I can't make heads or tails of what I'm seeing on the male baby...Even zooming in I'm not sure.

These are going to be rare? Wonderful! It's about time we got another rare. I've been waiting for that to happen for a long time.

Thanks again TJ and the artist. smile.gif

Ah okay, but surely if folks are breeding them they will turn up in the abandoned area eventually?  In any case, the egg is pretty smile.gif  *adds it to list of things yet to be collected*

No worries about bred ones, there's a ton of lovely people on the gifting threads that are sure to breed them. I know I will... with one pair that I have but hey, better then nothing. ^^

Besides, it all depends on how the adults turn out... I think I recall Olives were supposed to be uncommons (I think it said so on the Wiki page... too lazy to check), but they're super easy to catch because of how they look.