TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

Ok, locked with the 4 I got just before it changed to 'all kinds dropping but new ones', a Split for a friend, a Red for trading and an Opal to keep.

Really happy my Boss had to go out or I might have been in trouble for camping out on DC during my work day.

I think that if a Release were a full 24-hours, that would take care of the Never On Sunday problem. Since DC is a GLOBAL community, maybe it's time for it to be treated as such and give all our 'constituents' their fair chance at getting new eggs.

ETA: I know we've beat this drum before - let's keep at it til someone gets the message.

Edited by Ayelldee

I'm thinking the GemShatds And these guys will look really good together.

Loving the female design.

Welp. Thanks for considering all the other countries in the world outside the Americas for this release. Not.

Saw maybe four or five of the new eggs the last HOUR and despite my quite fast Internet connection I was outsped. (And now I'm almost egglocked with stuff I grabbed in the hope for a new egg to pop up next. (What also worked, but that also was snatched away...))

Would have been nice if they would've dropped a bit longer...

(And soon they will be traded for outrageous stuff like multiple CB Metals or 2nd Gen Prices. Like always. =_=)

Edited by TheDoggy

Guys I don't think TJ made a concious decision that this drop wouldn't last 24 hours. It's just that if rares drop for that long you'd never see them again afterwards, and/or the ratios stepped in when they caught up. There's no decision to exclude people here, and nothing that can be done to extend rare drops without completely breaking the system the game is based on.

My impression was that there is no actual drop length - TJ sets the egg to go and they drop solidly for however long it takes the ratios to bring others in. If rares dropped solidly for 24 hours they'd never drop again for months afterwards.

It seems to me that they vanished just after the daily maintenance. I saw the new release news just after the maintenance, the posts were quickly switch from people talking about hoarding eggs to had a hard time finding eggs. It's not a normal decline. :/

Good thing I happened to be around yesterday a few hours from the release since this seems to have been a short one.

As someone who's been there for the Pyralspite and Copper releases and hasn't caught either since, my heart goes out to those of you who were late for this one. (Have an extra egg if anyone wants to trade for it).

Edit:Oh didn't notice the hatchies gendered.

Edit2:: Took me a while to figure out what's going on with the male hatchie xd.png

Edited by Isuzu

It seems to me that they vanished just after the daily maintenance. I saw the new release news just after the maintenance, the posts were quickly switch from people talking about hoarding eggs to had a hard time finding eggs. It's not a normal decline. :/

Possible, but the point still stands that if they dropped for twice the length they did as people are requesting they'd be twice as rare after that drop, probably more given increased attention and scroll space over time.

edit: because I can't numbers

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

When I made a post, every though people are complaining it doesn't help was that at the hour drops you are more likely to see one not that you will, I'm not magical.

Guys I don't think TJ made a concious decision that this drop wouldn't last 24 hours. It's just that if rares drop for that long you'd never see them again afterwards, and/or the ratios stepped in when they caught up. There's no decision to exclude people here, and nothing that can be done to extend rare drops without completely breaking the system the game is based on.

I think that you are right.

And I don't think that we have ever had solid 24 hour drops of anything but holiday eggs. Some of the super commons have lasted quite awhile before other eggs started mixing in, but I can't recall any that had the flood last for as long as 24 hours.

That doesn't make *this* release any less maddening though wink.gif

Rares in general are bound to be maddening xd.png I think give 48 to 24 hours forewarning and/or keeping releases to Saturdays would probably help, but it's cool to have a release at all.

Well... I got one at least! Which is surprising, I thought the lag meant I didn't get it. Nice to know I have at least one of these guys. Are they going to be rares?

*quietly hoping for another Blusang-like dragon, but at the same time, hoping not*

I'm guessing these are going to be rare. I haven't seen one since last night, when they were the only things dropping in their biomes. blink.gif

Possible, but the point still stands that if they dropped for twice the length they did as people are requesting they'd be twice as rare after that drop, probably more given increased attention and scroll space over time.

I'm not saying a full steady drop but in the past if rares had come up, they'd start off strong a few hours, then start tapering off and having others mixed in with it. They were still a good number in the mix, but not as much to count as the normality for said egg.

The way stated above would be fair game for everyone, yesterday's drop was only really good for the US and nearby time zones.

These don't seem like rares to me. The fact that they drop in 3 separate biomes is going to decrease your chances of seeing them in any one of them, sure, since their numbers are being divided by 3. That doesn't automatically make them rare. I've seen a fair few without trying since the flood stopped; if everyone snaps them up expecting them to become rare, then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. =P

Still trying to get Summon?

I think it's a bit too early to assume their rarity. They literally just came out not even 24 hours ago.

I agree with Odie-- it'll just become a self-fulfilling prophecy if you're not careful...:/ I'm even on my phone and I've seen a few. They're just getting snatched up fast because they're a new release.

had 4 open egg spots, and filled em with 2 from the dessert and 2 from the forrest. just need to catch 2 from the jungle and i'll be all set happy.gif happened to be on submitting a paper due for my health class and checked my scroll. wouldn't have noticed the release if not for the news thingy on the front page, so thanks for that addition TJ!!

i think its a bit too soon for people to be complaining about "omg they're rare i'll never get one". its a day after a ninja sunday release. i would expect them to be hard to catch right now even if it was only these eggs dropping, because 98% of the user base is trying for them now. give it a few days so the new release maddness is over before you start labeling them as rares.

because slapping a label on them as rare is going to make people treat them like a rare and make it harder for people to catch them

edit - ninja'd by bird and odeen happy.gif glad to know i'm not the only one that see's it as a self fulfilling profecy

just from the look of the hatchies, i think these guys will go great with canopies wub.gif

Edited by Red2111

I'm kinda agreeing with you guys >.< I mean the gemshards are listed as uncommon still and people are snapping them up so fast it's not even funny.

Think the main issue is how long the drop lasted for me.

These don't seem like rares to me. The fact that they drop in 3 separate biomes is going to decrease your chances of seeing them in any one of them, sure, since their numbers are being divided by 3. That doesn't automatically make them rare. I've seen a fair few without trying since the flood stopped; if everyone snaps them up expecting them to become rare, then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. =P

True - it seems a sharp contrast to Plateds and Striped Rivers but everyone was madly going after Gemshards then so of course the taper was smoother for each individual breed of that release.

I'm sticking to trying to get four, regardless of rarity :3 Just hoping my patience doesn't stick me at the two I got last night.

and yes, still trying to summon, thankfully not yesterday xd.png I don't much like the avatars because they make lineages look messy but it'd be cool to be able to gift them.

The Gemshards are still dropping pretty thick and fast though - we managed not to shoot ourselves in the foot on that tongue.gif

just from the look of the hatchies, i think these guys will go great with canopies  wub.gif

Yay, so I'm not the only one who's thinking that! I don't really like the eggsprites, but the hatchies are soo pretty wub.gif

I hope the adults will look just as good biggrin.gif

Edit because apparently I can't write ^^'

Edited by Glyndlamir

Digging the colors on these hatchies. wub.gif I think both sprites are adorable, but the male's neck and head kind of reminds me of a bundle of asparagus. laugh.gif