TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

The hatchies are so cute! And I love the colors!

Can't wait to see the adults!

Ooh, I like the S2 hatchlings a lot! The color markings remind me of Cedar Waxwings and various other songbirds. I have no trouble making out the anatomy on either hatchling, but I think it might be the color markings that are confusing people? The malefemale is standing facing left with one forepaw raised, wings folded up against her back and tail curled up in front of her hindleg/belly.

Edit: Sorry, that's the female! The male is also standing on all fours but crouched down and looking up, so his head and rump are raised and his back is lowered. He's also lifting one forepaw, his wings are folded tightly against his body, and his tail is curled behind him with the tip visible rising above his body.

Also can I just say that I love that the female is in the strong/sturdy pose and the male is in the hesitant/curious pose! So often we get it the other way around that I just assumed that was the case this time, and I'm happy that it's not.

I just went through two 5-minute drops and one hour drop and didn't see any of the new eggs at all, which seems very unusual this close to the release... either they're rares, it's a glitch, or there's some third option I haven't thought of. xd.png

Edited by arula

I love the S2 hatchlings!  The colors are absolutely stunning.  I'm having one problem though...I can't make heads or tails of what I'm seeing on the male baby...Even zooming in I'm not sure.

Hm, I'll try and describe it...

You are looking at the little one from its right side. It is ducking a little bit, putting its left front leg forward while the right one is lifted up and drawn back a little. (The front legs have red "socks" or "gloves" with a golden rim.) Its head (red face, golden horns) is on the right side of the sprite, facing a little up and away from you. Above the front legs, right behind the head starts the right wing, it is folded to the body and continues up to the hind leg (there it is bordered by a small red rim). On the left of the sprite you see its right hind leg, and above/behind that the curve of the tail that sverves to the left side of the hatchie (and so disappeares behind it from your point of view). The red tip of the tale resurfaces from behind the hatchie right over its shoulders, behind the head.

Hope that helps. smile.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

@Lantean_Pegasus: Thank you for the description, that was indeed helpful. smile.gif

Hm, still not too fond of the male hatchie, but the female one is cute.

Edited by walkinslow

Duhhhhhh what the heck? Just got home but I haven't seen any of the new eggs; They are already gone? Damn, I missed the release. It sucks!!!!

@snow_ice

Just for hours not a whole day...

I stayed up longer then it was good for me but if i really want to get if of my not so healthy daily rhytm i have maybe one egg not three.

Wow, short release. Not even 24hrs? Will have to trade for these I guess.

Can you please put a SPOILER and END SPOILER before and after the link.

Personally i don't care but with just info nobody expect to be put directly with the nose in the middle of the spoiler on the DC Wiki.

There are no spoiler tags on this forum, and frankly, anyone using a wiki for any gamesite should be aware that wikis contain all available information, which includes whatever you deem to be spoilers.

I appreciate the posts clarifying the male anatomy as I was having a hard time, too. I figured that the part on the right had to be his head, but I think it was hard for me to see it because his eye doesn't really show that well. The female seems more detailed somehow.

I wish I had stayed up a few more hours last night (this morning?) to replace the two eggs due to hatch in the wee hours because it appears it will be very difficult now. I have been hunting for over an hour so far and have seen exactly one of the new eggs -- and that was during the top of the hour freeze, so there was no hope of catching it. sad.gif

Guys if you are having troubles finding them stalk the 5 minute and especially the hour drops in those biomes, them hold ctrl and press r so you can refresh and eggs will open in other tabs.

Guys if you are having troubles finding them stalk the 5 minute and especially the hour drops in those biomes, them hold ctrl and press r so you can refresh and eggs will open in other tabs.

With all due respect I don't see how that helps in this situation when I am not even seeing any of these eggs.

I'm probably going to hurt a lot of people by saying this; but I really don't get what all the fuss is about xd.png

YES, these eggs dropped unexpectedly!

YES, these eggs dropped only for a short period of time!

YES, it's looking like this is going to be a rare(ish) breed!

But hey, we have a new breed in the cave, and that's something wonderful biggrin.gif

And what if these are a bit harder to catch.

And what if you weren't around the moment they got released in the cave for the first time.

And what if you have to work harder to catch them.

No harm done, it's a permanent breed, so they will stick around for a long time. (I'm not going to say forever, because breeds have been known to retire in the past) Which means that there is a lot of time to get your hands on some of these lovelies.

And yes, I understand that some people are disappointed by the unexpected release, and the "maybe" strange hour of the release. But guess what: we are a large community with people from all corners of the world. So the timing of a release will always coincide with some people being at work or being asleep in the dark of night. That's just the way it is. There is just no possible way to make it a perfect timing for everyone. And I think that is just something we have to accept.

For me, being on DC is not just about catching eggs. The main thing for me, is that it is not easy. That I have to work for the eggs I want regardless if that means I have to stalk the cave, try to breed lovelies, or have to interact with other people hoping to trade for something nice.

If it were just as easily as catching all the eggs I want as soon as they come out, without having to work for it; I don't think I would stick around long. The challenge of getting what I want, is what makes it fun for me.

Was it easier for me this time. Honestly: YES.

Why? Because I just happened to be around when the new eggs were released. So yes, I managed to catch a bunch of them. But this was also the very first time sine I started on DC that a release happened at a time I was able to be online. Usually they happen in the middle of the night for me. So I'm very fond of the unpredictability of unscheduled releases. Just because that way it's not always the same people that get the first chance. But once in a while, people in other time-zones get to get the first crack at it.

Oh, and before you start. Catching rares is not something I'm good at. Yes, I have CB coppers, silvers and golds on my scroll. Only 2 of those I managed to catch myself. All the others (including a lovely neglected) I managed to get through trading with other people. And I did that without having low gen prizes or holly's on my scroll. So NO, it is not impossible to get CB rares through trading when you don't have rares yourself. All you have to do is keep trying wink.gif

And for those who maybe never realized this, something worth thinking about:

TJ is not a god, you know. He's a human being, just like us; and just like us, he has other things in life to worry about. And that is something I realize and respect. I'm very grateful that he still finds the time and energy to do his very best to make as many people as possible happy. Even when most of the time, we keep complaining about things he should have done differently, or not have done at all. Or even by the ridiculous, but very true, fact that he was awake and doing something for the site, while we where sound asleep. And all the time TJ keeps dealing with it, he keeps working on it, and keeps putting up with us. And for that I really admire him; also because I don't think I would be able to do it as good as he does.

And to finish:

Thanks again TJ for the release and thank you spriters for the lovely eggs and hatchies. Looking forward to see what the adults will look like biggrin.gif

Just trying to help out peoples

Just a warning that your link will put you to the wiki will be helpful.

Do i really have to point out, that my post are my personal thoughts and not the genuine truth. rolleyes.gif

The hatchlings are very cute! I love the colored 'sock' thing they have going on.

Also, this seems like a really fast release... it's a good thing I got 6 eggs. Looks like I'll have to make more of these little guys for my friends.

@ OrcaFreak - I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but it is the nature of this forum and especially the news threads for people to express frustration. I personally don't feel that I was complaining in my posts -- just stating my observations about this release as it compares to some others.

Were some complaining? You bet! It wouldn't be the DC forum if they weren't. wink.gif

I do not believe this.

Haven't seen one of the new eggs all day, just nabbed a paper xd.png

Just a warning that your link will put you to the wiki will be helpful.

Do i really have to point out, that my post are my personal thoughts and not the genuine truth. rolleyes.gif

In this case the link was clearly visible and you could actually see where it was going to send you. Perhaps the poster could have warned that it involved a spoiler, but what else does "info" mean in this context?

Thanks so much! I snagged two and a chicken, LOL.

Edit snagged the wrong two, dragon egg on my face.

Edited by DragonFerrets

I really do not connect info with spoiler in this context. Mayby infos about what?

Hopefully one of my hatchlings will growing up, then i will have the Gold trophy and one more eggslot. xd.png