TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

It was BEFORE, exactly 9am my time, 3am Cave time, I often see a few eggs, then after 2 or 3 seconds it's the maintenance Screen. I have also caught eggs just before maintenance too, clicked on them, but never saw if I actually had them, but could only check after maintenance was over.

As 9am is the start of my morning break at work, the Timing irks me almost daily.  rolleyes.gif

So I think it's that 3am Cave time hour, that caused it - ghouls rattling in the attic?

Edit: Please cave gods, not another uncommon or rare. Getting really angry with These and my slow Internet... Not everybody can upgrade all the time...

If it wasn't for the other posters, I'd think we were right about a glitch or some coding thing, since that was right at maintenance, but if they're showing just now and then, it looks though those of us who have any are darned lucky to have any at all...

Sucks especially for those who were going to get some later. sad.gif

Just noticed the release update and can't manage to find any eggs in any of the biomes. I'm a little mad there was no warning for this release at all. I'm used to releases being at the start of the month so I can prepare with my slow internet. Living in the boonies sucks.

So glad I saw the news post on the facebook site at lunch this morning otherwise I would have missed it. Drop started at 3 am Sunday night for me and I normally do not check the cave until after I get home from work during the week.

Eh, I'm not too worried about it. Apart from Pyralspites I've never been here for a rare release, so I'm pretty used to having to hunt for them. tongue.gif

Edited by Tehya Faye

I'm a little mad there was no warning for this release at all. I'm used to releases being at the start of the month so I can prepare with my slow internet. Living in the boonies sucks.

that stopped back in August last year

that stopped back in August last year

Lol, but there were hardly any regular Releases in between, up until the past couple of months, for people to adjust to no-warning/non-Sat. Releases.

Edit: hi, Fortune86, apparently they're out there, you just have to believe... that and look a lot harder... sorry!

Re-edit: to be more precise, between the Aug. Release and the March Release was the only regular Release, on Sep 20 2014, of the Pyralspites, lol.

One (which I know I missed, being off-line for a looooong time, sad.gif something which has also occurred to others,) doesn't give us much chance to adjust to no-warning/non-Sat. Releases, lol.

I really hope this is a sign of at least more frequent regular Releases.

Edited by Syphoneira

They sure are out there! I just nabbed my first one. :3 Keep tryin' everyone!

The problem is, I'm at work, so I can't devote a lot of time to cave hunting lol.

I wish I could hunt eggs at home T-T

YAY new breed xd.png

What a nice surprise when I logged in yesterday smile.gif

Edited by Saori_Nightstar

I think somebody should create a badge saying 'I hate Rares'...

I do not just 'collect' I do breed, preferably long even gen purebred lineages with all CBs on my scroll... http://dragcave.net/lineage/qyOvw http://dragcave.net/lineage/o2hie

Yes, please. Or I'll try something later today. It's quite disheartening to have a release at an unusual time (Sunday) and missing it, only to realize the next day that it has to be a rare. And it's not just an uncommon, like the pyralspite, but a true rare and much harder to find than those were a day or even three after their release.

It'd be weird if DC didn't have any rares, though. I don't think I'd stick around very long if it didn't, since the challenge is a large part of the fun for me.

I think somebody should create a badge saying 'I hate Rares'...

I do not just 'collect' I do breed, preferably long even gen purebred lineages with all CBs on my scroll... http://dragcave.net/lineage/qyOvw  http://dragcave.net/lineage/o2hie

Lol, I suspect that most breeders hate rares, since it's no fun NOT being able to get dragons you need/want, and I think that's probably obvious enough in our circumstances, but you never know.

If anyone makes up a Breeders Hate Rares - They're Rarely There badge, I'd probably 'wear' one in my sig, although it's graven on my very soul, lol.

Edit: everyone has different views, of course, but for many, various dragons are a first step toward a process, and not being able to start that process due to not being able to get the dragons really sucks.

For a number of us, we'd prefer that anything would be obtainable given reasonable time and effort, the way it was when I first started, when catching metallics was a thrill, rather than having dragons like metallics and Pink/Orange Pyralspites becoming something (edit: that) I and many others never even see and that only fast catchers do.

I'm lucky enough to have some of everything, in great part because of friends who are fast catchers gifting me, but it sucks for those starting now, especially since catching them yourself is The Best, lol.

I will never see why rares have to be practically unobtainable, rather than merely difficult, or how not getting them is a Good Thing, but to each his/her own. Or not, as the case may be.

Edited by Syphoneira

I'm hoping these aren't really rare, but the cave is just trying to balance its self after yesterday.

I'm hoping these aren't really rare, but the cave is just trying to balance its self after yesterday.

We'll hope, but what usually happens (or at least did, in the past; I was off much of last year and have only been back for two regular Releases now,) is that as the ratios begin to catch up, the new dragons begin to be mixed in with other dragons on a gradual basis and diminish over time, as occurred in last months New Release.

This (caveat - wild guessing, lol,) almost looks like a Flood timer ended and the ratios had already been almost filled that quickly - could be anything, of course, though, including some glitch...

So, I missed this. Bummer.

Considering I haven't caught a single rare in the last year out of releases, I have very low hopes of ever getting these... sleep.gif

Hmm, wasn't expecting for the new release to stop dropping so soon and so suddenly - fortunately, I was around to nab my pair yesterday evening, but I feel kind of bad for folks who weren't around to seize the moment. I certainly hope the next release drop lasts at least 24 hrs straight - you can make the dragon rare all you want later, but it would be nice to give players from all timezones a chance to grab it during the initial release. I doubt everyone checks the DC forums to see whether there's a new dragon being released first thing in the morning, there's work, school and life in general... just a suggestion for future releases. :3

Anyhow, good luck hunting everyone - still waiting for my eggs to hatch. tongue.gif

Haven't seen any of the new eggs yet. I only checked in on DC on friday and saturday because I thought even the unannounced releases would still be on these days and not on a sunday evening.

Hmm, wasn't expecting for the new release to stop dropping so soon and so suddenly - fortunately, I was around to nab my pair yesterday evening, but I feel kind of bad for folks who weren't around to seize the moment. I certainly hope the next release drop lasts at least 24 hrs straight - you can make the dragon rare all you want later, but it would be nice to give players from all timezones a chance to grab it during the initial release. I doubt everyone checks the DC forums to see whether there's a new dragon being released first thing in the morning, there's work, school and life in general... just a suggestion for future releases. :3

I do so agree with this.

I wasn't around for the drop and haven't seen a single egg this morning. It really would be so nice if they could drop uninterrupted for twenty-four hours. It really, really would. Everyone would then have a chance to get a batch of new eggs.

Whereas given it looks as if these are rare (unless it is some kind of glitch *Looks hopeful*) many people aren't even going to get an initial one, let alone a batch.

Puh - they must be very rare - I look yesterday for a new release - but there was none - and now I read that there is a new one.

But don't saw only one egg - I don't like such a sadly release. sad.gif

Sad about it.

Haven't seen any of the new eggs yet. I only checked in on DC on friday and saturday because I thought even the unannounced releases would still be on these days and not on a sunday evening.

I've seen 2 in the last 30 minutes. We don't stand a chance... dry.gif

Chose the wrong keyword to memorise and picked up the wrong kind of egg.

At least the Vampire bite didn't kill it, but I didn't get the repulse I was hoping for.