TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

The new release flood was under 24 hours not a good thing with users all over the world in all timezones they exist at the moment. wink.gif

Daylight saving time and Non-daylight saving time in the very same timezone does not exist in reality. But if we go further it will develop into philosophical discussions.

thank you again for the new dragon TJ smile.gif

does anyone know what the egg desc is because I cant find it anywhere

So glad that my scroll unlocked yesterday and I was able to catch some eggs. smile.gif

Egg description: "This delicately patterned egg is sitting in the sunshine."

I've seen 2 in the last 30 minutes. We don't stand a chance... dry.gif

That's more than what I've seen.

I love the cute little s2 female hatchling

edit: A male also just gendered. Love the colors

Edited by rubyshoes

I'm quite upset that the only relase that I miss in 4 years of playing results in a uber rare dragon. dry.gif I almost have no internet connection and no time to find them now that there is still a little chance. Not happy, not happy. It's also raining AND is Monday today. ohmy.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

Saaaaame--the one release day that I'm doing yardwork/commissions all day is the day a rare gets released. :/

I think I am going to have to pull out of hunting. My eyes are starting to hurt T-T

I'm so sorry to read that people haven't been getting any. :/

I don't spend a huge amount of time in the biomes compared to other people, I'm sure. But I've never even *seen* a single Copper. So the idea that releases are permanent means nothing to me in terms of my worry level. I am glad I just so happened to be online at the right time with enough personal energy and no gifted eggs. But even though I got mine, it's annoying to have to wonder when in the future I won't be able to. Wonder things like when I just won't even be online because a drop doesn't last long enough.

I wouldn't be so upset about random releases, except, the reason given was "while knowing when to look is nice, it also seems to have become a bit stale." But the vast majority of the complaints I saw about scheduled releases revolved around *when* it was happening, not complaints about them being scheduled. So it doesn't add up to me. How was it stale? If TJ meant it was stale for himself, if that had been stated then I'd probably still be unhappy about the releases being unscheduled but I would be far less frustrated because I'd understand that he needs to do what he needs or even wants to do to make things work.

Another thing is maybe I am vastly misremembering the amount of complaints about scheduled releases, in which case, someone please tell me so I can be happy for all those who got what they wanted. :)

So, this morning I woke up and was like "HEY I almost missed the release!" It was 8 am and it had been 7 hours since the release but then I really HAD to go bc work and couldn't stay long enough to get to the 5 minute drop.

I didn't pick up an egg cuz i thought it'd drop for 24 hours

...now they're gone

*facepalms*

I don't know what to say.

Really.

>.<

Edited by Pandalf

Managed to get some of those new eggs but I'm a little upset they're gone from biomes so fast. Looks like many people couldn't get them because of different reasons. It doesn't seem fair either for people who live in the "wrong" timezone =/

The one day I am at University all day, and egg locked, and I miss the majority of it. It also sucks with timezones, as I'm given to understand it, this started about four am my time.

I'd been asleep two hours.

I am not happy. I would have loved two eggies, to influence to be a breeding pair. That's it. Two eggs. I know some people like to hoard them, to gather as many of the new eggs as they can, but I just wanted two...

Hopefully I'll be able to get another one tomorrow.

Or find someone to gift me one....

Maybe.

I suppose I should just be happy I managed to get one! : )

I was gifted one of the new eggs (<3) but as for "it's a permanent release" talk... I've had to trade for the 3/4ths of my post-release CB Coppers and have only seen a handful in the biomes since their release, and they're technically not rare. Getting in on the ground floor really is the only way to grab them for a lot of people, and it's why I at least greatly preferred the scheduled releases. At least then people in other timezones or who were busy at least had an idea of when the releases were...

My god, I've managed to get 1. In total I've seen 3 of them drop. 3! Urgh, I hate trying to catch rarer dragons.

A lot of the rares I've gotten I have had to be gifted. The one Copper I saw, I was too slow to grab in the Biomes, and I've never seen a Dino or gold. I did manage to be the person to grab a Gold Wyvern and Silver egg, so....Sometimes I guess its just be there at the right time, and be lucky.

But seriously, it seems like this release was only for a few hours. I've seen one in the biomes the last four hours, and tried to snap it up.

But was too slow.

The whole concept or rare means nothing to me, really, except that it just makes it harder to get them, but since I have been on the forum, I'm managed to find nice people who are happy to gift me eggs that I cannot find myself. Which in turn I raise, and breed following the lineages, and then gift to others. I suppose I will just have to see what happens, and if someone will gift me an offspring down the road so I can have a breed pair!

So are we all in consensus that these will be rarer? I've managed to catch three and influence two, and I hope to breed them together so I can gift PB 2nd-gens for people who didn't manage to catch any. :(

Edit: Oh my, dat dimorphism <3

Edited by Niyaka

Ok, I'm giving up. My hands hurt and I have schoolwork to do. Too bad DC has stopped being fun, I haven't enjoyed anything much lately.

i feel very sorry for people who missed the release due to time zones and real life. the release started at 2am in my time zone. it was only by chance that i wasn't sleeping well and so i decided to check my dragon eggs. finding there was a new release, i stayed up till 4.30am to catch two eggs. it took me that long due to very slow internet. later in the morning i managed to catch three more, but when i tried again a few hours later they had all disappeared. i've not seen any in the last five hours or so. it would be a lot fairer for everyone if the new eggs kept dropping for 24 hours.

i only ever manage to catch rares on release day, and i've never seen an almadine or spessartine since the release, and only two coppers.

i'm still trying to complete my scroll goal of eight of each colour of gemshards. i couldn't believe there was a new egg when i hadn't even finished hunting the last one.

Edited by greycat

Thank you TJ for making this a single dragon release, I always like when I can really get to know one breed smile.gif

As for "they're permanent" - that has failed to calm me down since the release of Stripes, I've kind of gotten used to it.

Has it been determined that these guys are rares? I was lucky and got 3, but we have to remember that everyone is going after the same egg in the 3 biomes so they go really quick. I do admit it is unfortunate for the people who missed it, but don't give up!

Has it been determined that these guys are rares? I was lucky and got 3, but we have to remember that everyone is going after the same egg in the 3 biomes so they go really quick. I do admit it is unfortunate for the people who missed it, but don't give up!

it was much easier to catch them when there were a lot dropping. it's now that there seem to be so few that it's got impossible for most people. or those of us with slow internet.

i usually try to catch new eggs on the 5 minute drops, but i've seen none for hours, and none on the hourly drops, or any other time.

Edited by greycat