TJ09

2015-04-26 - April Release

So I finally managed to get 4 eggs for my standard 2 pairs of CBs.

But I'm just gonna say, never again.

Guys if you are having troubles finding them stalk the 5 minute and especially the hour drops in those biomes, them hold ctrl and press r so you can refresh and eggs will open in other tabs.

Going on 5 hours now, camping the biomes - not seen a single drop.

*screech*

I knew I should have checked in when I saw the post yesterday! There's already lots of regular eggs in the drops D:

I'm probably going to hurt a lot of people by saying this; but I really don't get what all the fuss is about xd.png

YES, these eggs dropped unexpectedly!

YES, these eggs dropped only for a short period of time!

YES, it's looking like this is going to be a rare(ish) breed!

etc etc...

So?

We are playing in different ways.

some people want jsut one CB pair, I need for my projects 128 CB dragons (which I will get of commons and uncommons)

People who want several CBs with a slowcConnection may complain about Rares being released.

You might complain about so many Commons being around as you are not interested to do anything with those but just want the challenge of catching Rares.

Everybody is allowed their way of playing, but also everybody should be allowed to write in a forum what they think, as long as they do not insult anybody...

Aw, I am having no luck at all. I think I might just wait and try to trade for 2nd gens once people start breeding, since I don't mind not having CBs.

It's nice to have a new rare running around even if I don't have one yet! smile.gif

I'm probably going to hurt a lot of people by saying this; but I really don't get what all the fuss is about  xd.png

But hey, we have a new breed in the cave, and that's something wonderful biggrin.gif

And what if these are a bit harder to catch.

And what if you weren't around the moment they got released in the cave for the first time.

And what if you have to work harder to catch them.

No harm done, it's a permanent breed, so they will stick around for a long time.

I've missed my share of releases, including the now stupidly rare Almadines and Spessartines, so I feel for everyone not being able to catch the new eggs. I agree with trying not to get overly upset over a bunch of pixels, especially since they're a permanent release, and that with perseverance pretty much anyone can obtain a CB in due time.

BUT this doesn't mean the system can not be improved. I don't mind unscheduled releases, I kind of like them in fact, but would anyone really be hurt by making them last longer then a few hours so active players who drop by every day can participate in the hunt? Now, I'm not saying the release should last for 3 days straight, but around 24 hrs is really not too much to suggest - it would make a lot of people happy and would enable pretty much everyone to enjoy the new dragons more instead of wondering what they'll have to do to get a CB of the breed. The dragon will still be rare later, rarity won't be going anywhere (unfortunately tongue.gif).

With that said, I also would like to thank TJ, the spriters and everyone involved for a lovely new dragon.

I'm probably going to hurt a lot of people by saying this; but I really don't get what all the fuss is about xd.png

Snip for length.

While I agree partly, I can also see why people are frustrated.

I for instance have a hard time catching at every release. I have a bad connection or bad reflexes, not even sure which.

It's annoying not to be able to catch a thing and having to resort to trade every single release. And not everyone has stuff to trade at hand!

If someone's trying for several hours without getting any and just wants to let out some frustration I think that's kinda legit too. I personally wish DC would be more accomodating for people with bad catching skills or connections.

As long as the same person won't post like every second post saying how they can't get any I think it's fine.

And I do agree: those hatchies are really lovely.

Seems like this Release was even shorter than the Copper Release - I seem to remember seeing a FEW Coppers still falling the second day. So far I've seen none of the new eggs in the three Biomes. Are others having better luck at even spotting them, or are they gone for good with the Coppers and two Pyralspites?

My sympathies to those having such troubles getting them.

While your sentiments are certainly valid, I do want to add that this is especially frustrating for all the DC players who live in different time zones. If the drop starts at 2 am in the morning, my time, then yes, I am going to be extremely frustrated if the eggs don't drop anymore a bare 8 hours later. No. I am not going to get up every night at 2 am, just on the odd chance that there will be a new drop.

So I don't consider it an unreasonable request to ask for a droptime of around 24 hours - this would make it possible for people from most time-zones to at least get a crack at the new eggs.

No harm done, it's a permanent breed, so they will stick around for a long time.

Well, I still couldn't catch a second CB Red Copper since they were released, so that is no consolation for me whatsoever. wink.gif

The above part wasn't meant seriously but of course people are surprised/frustrated that they couldn't catch a new release on the second day.

Hmm, wasn't expecting for the new release to stop dropping so soon and so suddenly - fortunately, I was around to nab my pair yesterday evening, but I feel kind of bad for folks who weren't around to seize the moment. I certainly hope the next release drop lasts at least 24 hrs straight - you can make the dragon rare all you want later, but it would be nice to give players from all timezones a chance to grab it during the initial release. I doubt everyone checks the DC forums to see whether there's a new dragon being released first thing in the morning, there's work, school and life in general... just a suggestion for future releases. :3

Anyhow, good luck hunting everyone - still waiting for my eggs to hatch. tongue.gif

Last year the drops were 24 hours a day starting I believe the second saturday @ midnight and ending exactly on sunday midnight. Now they apparently only last at most 12 hours if not less and in the afternoon which is fine for the US, but the other countries are limited considering that they're more then a few hours ahead of dc. I will have to suggest AGAINST sunday drops. People go to church, have homework, etc that could hinder them. I know a few people that missed the drop due to not expecting it yesterday.

Orcafreak :: The thing is, we already know it's already going to drop unexpectedly.

By the time the eggs dropped, an "afternoon" release, it would be afternoon/morning in the west, evening in the center, and wee hours of the morning in the east. Yeah, sure, that's fine. Even I can't help but to feel that the timing is biased. From 12 hours away from DC time, all of these releases are noontime for me. So what if it came super early morning?

But that's not the problem.

A 24-hour steady drop.

That's all everybody would've wanted.

I don't think it's highly unreasonable, or far-fetched.

On the contrary, I feel like a 24-hour drop is only fair in order to reduce the difference presented by playing schedules and timezones.

These people voicing out their frustrations here are frustrated because they would've caught the new release but were disappointed to know that they haven't even gotten new ones, despite being in DC for less than 24 hours from the release.

Some of them probably feel cheated because the release came right under their noses. More like "yeah I'm here for the release" but not really. It's like seeing a gold in the cave and you're there for it but not really. I'm not even sorry for venting out frustrations earlier. Not everyone sits long hours on DC a day, and not everyone can access DC through work. But, it'd be nice if even the casual players could still come and enjoy the game and not feel like it's a chore. Not everyone and their mothers have the time and energy to spend completing their collections and whatnot.

Like sure, they can trade for it later, but then, you know, free is always better.

When did a new release happen? I could've sworn I logged in yesterday and there was no post about this. blink.gif

Oh well. Since I haven't even seen one of these outside of hatcheries, I think I'll skip trying to get them. More for everyone else. I just hope this breed has a legitimate reason for being rare.

24 hours would have been nice, indeed.

I got impatient (and bored from camping) and filled my last 2 scroll spots with bred eggs for projects xd.png

@Caesin Miirik: Check the time of the first post. If your forum options are set to your timezone, this should tell you when they started dropping.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Am I hunting in the right Biomes? Desert, Jungle, Forest?

Yes. Saw one just now in the Desert. smile.gif

@Caesin ~ I know, right? xd.png

Surprise post!

Yes. Saw one just now in the Desert. smile.gif

Thanks.

I must be having very bad luck then lol.

In the past, I've had a LOT of trouble catching, so I sympathize with all who are hunting but feel like it's just smacking repeatedly against a brick wall.

The eggs are still out there though. I gave one of yesterday's eggs away about an hour ago, then decided to try hunting again. I went back to the desert, refreshing steadily, making sure the page reloads before clicking again, and at the :25 minute shuffle, there's a new egg. I clicked, the new page loaded very slowly, and I got the egg. blink.gif

There are still eggs dropping, and slow hunters can catch them, so please don't give up hope! <3

Edited by dragongrrl

Honestly this was really uncool of TJ to pull a sunday drop that only lasted a few hours. I didn't get on till LATE lastnight and just randomly had come on here to respond to messages.

You may not understand but, people are in other countries hours ahead of of DC. Say for the UK, when the drop was around I'll say 2pm it was already 8 in some parts of the world, others it was later.

Sunday drop, I know 8 people who wasn't expecting it since normally they're on saturday egglocked themselves. Another few were not even on since sunday is their family day and they're not online.

I don't think it's going to be rare, but just very popular like with the Gemstones. It they were rare TJ would probably have mixed in others like he did with the Copper dragons.

I will agree though on the last part. I LOVE THEM and am happy he did have a drop, but currently due to what I mentioned above have mixed feelings. Anyways, that was all I wanted to say to your response, just an opinion and a few facts tossed in on maybe why some people are fussy.

Last year the drops were 24 hours a day starting I believe the second saturday @ midnight and ending exactly on sunday midnight. Now they apparently only last at most 12 hours if not less and in the afternoon which is fine for the US, but the other countries are limited considering that they're more then a few hours ahead of dc. I will have to suggest AGAINST sunday drops. People go to church, have homework, etc that could hinder them. I know a few people that missed the drop due to not expecting it yesterday.

Agree completely. It's already Monday on the east part of the world, some of us were unable to catch eggs due to work, school or other real-life stuffs. It would be great if the release were on Saturday cave time, and lasts at least 24 hours.

Edit: And I thought we've already raised this several times before for not to have a Sunday release. rolleyes.gif Not to mention this is a rare...

Edited by ishlia

Orcafreak :: The thing is, we already know it's already going to drop unexpectedly.

By the time the eggs dropped, an "afternoon" release, it would be afternoon/morning in the west, evening in the center, and wee hours of the morning in the east. Yeah, sure, that's fine. Even I can't help but to feel that the timing is biased. From 12 hours away from DC time, all of these releases are noontime for me. So what if it came super early morning?

But that's not the problem.

A 24-hour steady drop.

That's all everybody would've wanted.

I don't think it's highly unreasonable, or far-fetched.

On the contrary, I feel like a 24-hour drop is only fair in order to reduce the difference presented by playing schedules and timezones.

These people voicing out their frustrations here are frustrated because they would've caught the new release but were disappointed to know that they haven't even gotten new ones, despite being in DC for less than 24 hours from the release.

Some of them probably feel cheated because the release came right under their noses. More like "yeah I'm here for the release" but not really. It's like seeing a gold in the cave and you're there for it but not really. I'm not even sorry for venting out frustrations earlier. Not everyone sits long hours on DC a day, and not everyone can access DC through work. But, it'd be nice if even the casual players could still come and enjoy the game and not feel like it's a chore. Not everyone and their mothers have the time and energy to spend completing their collections and whatnot.

Like sure, they can trade for it later, but then, you know, free is always better.

With more time today at my hand i would start a request for all users of DC, because a release that starts at 0:00 am your in your timezone and ends at 12:00 am your timezone you really do not have time to catch a single egg.

Just a few thoughts: School and it is monday so the usual fight to be in time for class; Work; Children; asleep at night and breakfast and get ready for the day and then you go online and no more eggs...

My impression was that there is no actual drop length - TJ sets the egg to go and they drop solidly for however long it takes the ratios to bring others in. If rares dropped solidly for 24 hours they'd never drop again for months afterwards.