TJ09

2014-12-19 - Snow Warning!

Disabled all of the add-ons (I think? Not really a technical person...), the only browser on this computer is IE 9, and how do I know if javascript is enabled or not?

http://www.enable-javascript.com/ has javascript info for different browsers including IE. You should be able to go through those steps to see if it's on or not.

Thanks, though. smile.gif I did post in the 'Tiny Little Questions' thread, so hopefully there'll be a solution soon.

I would also suggest changing browser just to test as well if checking if Java is not working. Sometimes certain features don't work well or at all with certain browsers. Look into Firefox or Chrome and see if it works well there.

@diaveborn & AnanoKimi- So apparently Java is enabled, still not working, currently trying to download FF, though it's going slow. Thanks for helping. c:

Well, considering that not everyone has time to play for hours or perhaps to do the game, wouldn't it suck if the global mana bar wasn't filled early enough daily that everyone had a chance to read the full chapters of the story during their online periods - or perhaps anyone at all, ever, if the global mana bar just didn't get filled some or even most or possibly all days?

Of course, I "won" and filled my personal bar after playing 15 minutes today, so that's a lot less time than sticking around for hours picking up shards.

I think there's a natural tendency to want to fill rows and columns, but this is not strictly necessary to "win". You win when the last never-before-filled square gets a token placed on it.

Also you don't have to win the game to get shards! I have clicked quit when I got bored and got mana for it.

@diaveborn & AnanoKimi- So apparently Java is enabled, still not working, currently trying to download FF, though it's going slow. Thanks for helping. c:

Hope FF works for you :3 I use it and the games works fine.

Oh! I had noticed the white text in the original post but hadn't put two and two together - the text shows up on the main page under news and lets people know what the news might be about, like an image-only post would not. I know something like that had been asked about so it's really cool to see - thanks!

The mana game is impossibly addicting. D:

I don't care if I maxed out my mana contribs, this is awesome! biggrin.gif

Of course, I "won" and filled my personal bar after playing 15 minutes today, so that's a lot less time than sticking around for hours picking up shards.

I think there's a natural tendency to want to fill rows and columns, but this is not strictly necessary to "win". You win when the last never-before-filled square gets a token placed on it.

Lol, that was in response to someone who was upset that a small area of the global mana bar (at least on my monitor) was filled in after several hours and thought that TJ should make the global bar fill far more slowly.

Personally, I want to read the rest of the stories and I expect so does everyone else. smile.gif

Edit: although actually, I'm quoting a response agreeing with that suggestion, lol.

Edited by Syphoneira

haha, don't be a smartypants and clear an entire row in the first attempt, nowhere to put the next tile lol

The game is super awesome! Can we please keep it after Christmas? It won't give mana and everything but I just want to play the game again. Pretty please?

As I thought, once I had figured it out it no longer took 20 minutes or so to complete the alchemy grid, but just about 5. But it's still a lot of fun, and as some people above said, I mainly do it to unlock the stories (and earn a raffle entry), so I don't have a problem if the Global Mana Bar gets filled early in the day.

On the other hand, being 6 hours ahead of cavetime, and playing the game in the morning (my time), I always have the chance to contribute before that happens. So I could imagine that people are a little bit disappointed when they see that their personal contribution later in the day isn't really necessary. But I don't see an option to avoid that without risking the story getting stuck. And that would be bad for everyone.

Oh, and those are lovely pictures of the Christmas dragons every day ! smile.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I simply adore the game! I even play it when my mana bar is full xd.png

I really think it's awesome, I love it, and I hope we keep it as a minigame. It's just too fun.

On the other hand, I've met a lot of frustration while I was trying to catch Solstice and Holly dragons on the abandonned page so this game is perfect to remind me I'm not that bad. xd.png

OMG~! After three or four years of being on this site, I finally snagged a Holly egg! biggrin.gif Thank you to the breeder of this lovely. And thanks to the ones who contributed to the event~

OMG~! After three or four years of being on this site, I finally snagged a Holly egg! biggrin.gif Thank you to the breeder of this lovely. And thanks to the ones who contributed to the event~

Congratulations!

That first Holly is always one of the greatest moments (I'd say that, getting a CB Gold, and having your first successful Summon are the Top Four Greatest DC Moments)

I'm not sure. "You've maxed out your mana contribution for the day" is the message that appears after your mana bar is filled. I thought additional mana would help fill the global bar, but this message seems to say otherwise.

Edited for correction.

No - it does add to the global bar. What I want t know is whether you can get a raffle entry without playing the game. Someone whose mana bar was filled yesterday and didn't play has no entries sad.gif

Love the game... It means people with less time can play. Will there be a way to keep playing Mana Alchemy?

I only now realized that the global mana bar is a match for the day's holiday dragon! How great is that!?

Love the game - it keeps me occupied while I wait for the first batch of eggs to hatch and get my scroll unlocked (instead of chewing my nails...)

I think this event is excellent as you take take as little or as much time as you like over it - thus keeping everyone (hopefully) happy.

It's fun to play the game and collect shards both to fill up your mana bar and also just for fun.

Thank you so much for this, TJ. It's a really lovely pre-Christmas event.

Can't catch a Holly to save my life, but that's okay, because I couldn't be more excited by what I did catch. http://dragcave.net/lineage/SO1yH

*happydance*

My DC Christmas has been totally made.

Now that's what I call winning the spirter's alt lottery. Congratz! ^^

I just filled up my personal mana bar for the day in less than five minutes. And it looks like the global bar is almost filled as well.

And most of my Holiday eggs only have about a day to go before they start hatching so I can get right back to Hunting tomorrow. If I can catch one more Holly I'll be happy. I'm praying for a nice-lineage, but I'll be happy with what I get.

C'mon Christmas Babies, start hatchin'! wub.gif

Ps: I also wouldn't mind catching a 2G Solstice, considering I only has my two CB's who have already bred.

I just filled up my personal mana bar for the day in less than five minutes. And it looks like the global bar is almost filled as well.

I wouldn't really call it almost filled, it just passed halfway wink.gif the white snow on the right of the second holly leaf is still emtpy!