TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I can't decide what one I like the most, the male or the female. Such pretty and evil looking pretties though. Now for the waiting game of my pretties growing up. Thank you TJ and Spriter(s) for another great Halloween dragon and event, *Throws candy, cookies and brownies at TJ and spriter(s).*

user posted image

Breed Name: Desipis Dragon
Dragon Type: Western
Size: ~23 feet tall, ~45 feet long, ~35 foot wingspan (relies mostly on magic for flight)
Colors: Black, gray, bright orange, bone white
birdzgoboom’s Alts: Navy blue, black, mint green, and pale blue
PieMaster’s Alts: Greenish black, greenish gray, neon green, and pale yellow

~

Some Characteristics:
As shown on their sprites and concept art, their mouths extend into their necks to make it easier to consume large prey, and their tails have a similar function of splitting so that they can make themselves look larger and more intimidating. The bands of muscle connecting the top and bottom parts of their mouths are incredibly strong and thick, making them hard to puncture or sever.

Desipises are known to be quite temperamental, often unleashing their wrath in bursts of their magic-draining flames. This gives them more strength and helps replenish their mana reserves, which tends to calm them down, but can harm the environments where they live. For this reason, many dragons avoid areas inhabited by Desipises.

Desipis Dragons are rawrscary and are often found on the holidayofbooghostpumpkin (which is nowing).

Females tend to possess richer reserves of mana than males, providing them with more strength for performing spells and making their mental magic harder to resist. Their scales and bones are rich with their own dark mana, and they sap magic from others using their flames. This sapped mana is then processed and crystallized, creating the pure, bright crystals that develop on their tails and bodies. The amount of crystals can vary between each dragon because of this.

Their mind-breaking powers are unmatched and often fatal. However, because of their heavy reliance on magic for everything other than brute force, they are not fond of the Cassares or any other magic-deadening creatures and objects.

The name “Desipis” was chosen because of how foolish one would have to be to approach such a dangerous and twisted dragon, especially if it is untamed.

Much more info to come via the encyclopedia!

~~~~~

Aaahhhh I'm shaking so much this is so exciting!!!! ;; Rawrbooscarydragons are adults and I'm... I'm really feeling it! ;;

Well, congrats birdz and Pie! These monsters are excellent. Love their descriptions.

They look great in lineage view! I think these will be fun to breed. =3

I like the male pose better but only slightly.

Oooh, thanks for the extra info/drawings, birdz! Their mouths are awesome.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

They're fat little things huh? Can't say I hate them, but I don't really like them either. They don't feel very Halloween themed, you know? They're just 'evil' dragons. Definitely my least favorite of all the Halloweens, which are among my favorites on the site, but conversely it's overall a mid-tier dragon in my view. So not that bad.

Oh my god I read the description and I love these guys

10/10 Pie and Birdz

These guys are total brutes! Sure gives the marrows a run for their money in shear badassery. Marrows will always be top for me but I'm so going to make a lineage with those two breeds. xd.png

Also need to add that I love the way the mouths extend to the neck. Something that always creeped me out on creatures so it makes these guys extra scary for me.

Edited by n.s.c.m.

Aaahhhh I'm shaking so much this is so exciting!!!! ;; Rawrbooscarydragons are adults and I'm... I'm really feeling it! ;;

Rightfully so! Just look at them!!!

The hoods are my favorite physical feature! Cobratic biggrin.gif

Edited by Wahya

Awesome!! I think for once, i like the female sprite more!

Thanks for the extra info!

I really cant wait to see the spriters alts!!

I like the Females more in lineage view o3o

I honestly didn't notice they resembled snakes in the slightest until the Bio was posted. Well done Piemaster and Birdzgoboom. (:

They're fat little things huh? Can't say I hate them, but I don't really like them either. They don't feel very Halloween themed, you know? They're just 'evil' dragons. Definitely my least favorite of all the Halloweens, which are among my favorites on the site, but conversely it's overall a mid-tier dragon in my view. So not that bad.

I kinda feel the same way -- they don't really scream "Halloween" to me, but they are nice dragons none the less.

I just snagged such fitting names!

Cobratic

Gargantuan Beast

Telepathic Illusionist

Rich Mana

Crystallized Mana

And I named one Smokeless Fire, due to it's code looking like the word Djinn.

Fantastic addition to the cave! I'm just floored <3

beautiful adults and I love the additional info

Just reserved Dark Mana for an egg that has a few more hours on it.

-pokes the little one-

Desipis Dragons are rawrscary and are often found on the holidayofbooghostpumpkin (which is nowing).

~~~~~

The first is my new favorite sentence ever! laugh.gif

As to the second, you and Pie are so kewt with all your excitement-it makes this so much more fun!

Congrats

ETA: I had to do it!

Edited by prpldrgnfr

The first is my new favorite sentence ever! laugh.gif

As to the second, you and Pie are so kewt with all your excitement-it makes this so much more fun!

Congrats

ETA: I had to do it!

ROFL! Great names!

Hmm they look good, but I don't think I will collect more of them next year. I like the Marrows and Graves better smile.gif

They look great on the spriter's post but I do not like the in-cave sprites that much.

Edited by KingZanto

Shadow Walkers are my favorite still smile.gif Graves/Disipis take 2nd place mainly because Disipis look lovely in lineage view! xd.png Tested them with Male Whites and this is it:

user posted image

Disipis Breeding Thread here

Edited by Saynna

To be honest, I don't like Desipis as much as other Halloweens, despite that they look much cuter on the spriter's post......with a cobra look! xd.png

But the info of Desipis is quite intereting, especially the paragraph about controlling foolish! biggrin.gif

Anyway, big thanks to the spriters for making Halloween dragons this year.

Edited by Lazurite