TJ09

2014-10-25 - Halloween Event

I wish i could see the oddities...

The Halloween Event has returned.... But something strange is happening.. What does that mean?

It seems like the Oddities are referring to the Magnificent Marvels from last year, which are saved in the Wiki. I could be wrong, but "same collection of strange dragons as last year" certainly makes sense.

I think it refers to the plot of the adventure. Something strange is happening around the Carnival and you have to solve it.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm so excited that it's an adventure again! Those have been my favorite Halloween events. It's awesome that it's tied in with the carnival, too.

Thanks, everyone who worked to put this together! I can't wait to get started. wub.gif

Had a lot of fun doing the Carnival Adventure and catching me some AP Halloweens!

Am I the only one that is SUPER excited to see what the new Halloween eggs will be? biggrin.gif

Edited by Silverswift

I'm excited to see the new dragon, and if what I think is gonna be will be (trying not to spoil it for people who haven't finished the quest yet) its gonna be awesome!

My first event! And I already have two Halloween eggs that I found in the AP. biggrin.gif

Thank you so much, TJ.

EDIT: I think I also completed the Carnival thing. Can anyone tell me if I collected every item?

My Inventory

Thanks!

EDIT #2: Yup, I'm pretty sure that there are only 24 Talismans. I've checked MANY scrolls, and they all have the same ones I do. biggrin.gif

Edited by gusearth1

*hides potential spoilers behind transparent text; highlight to view*

Consider me a huge fan of the creepy time magic plotline, and a big fan of the light and water ones. On top of that, the earth one was really well written. Generally, the quality of the writing this year made me actually read large chunks of the adventure - normally I don't do much of that since in past events I noticed I have troubles keeping in mind everything I've already done and keeping up with the story, and my favourite stories are all a good deal creepier than anything I usually encounter on Dragon Cave, but I digress. @_@

The cycling mana crystal is amazing, especially as an item in canon. Same with the hourglass with the time mana crystals as sand grains, herpderp, so fantastic. user posted image

Together with the encyclopaedia, this Halloween event really helped flesh out the world to me. I'm sure it'll inspire a bunch new dragon descriptions whenever I next go on a description spree. biggrin.gif

Will the information from the story be added to the encyclopaedia? Like the oasis in the desert as a potent source of light mana?

And: Pretty please can we have the chaotic counterpart of the Guardian of Nature be a new breed? </predictable>

Favourite joke: "Most of the spells deal with altering one's perception of time, though there is one for very limited precognition and another that will make paint dry more quickly."

xd.png

Thank you, everyone, for the event!

Edit: Because I want to, here are the links to the mentioned dragon characters, in case others are as curious as me. (Sunrise Shade even has a description. user posted image)

* Astriferous (name spoiler'd for spoilers)

* Diamond Breaker

* Hebaid (link as per Fiona)

* Sunrise Shade

* Tenevei

Just to give you confirmation, you are indeed correct on Tenevei. Plus, I'm happy you liked the water story that I wrote. Was a bit worried that it didn't branch enough to allow for exploration much, but I didn't want to make it too complicated either. That, and the accursed storm kept me from being able to adequately describe that the whole place was a tropical paradise looking area, as it was all covered in doom gloom and rain. Evil dragons just HAVE to get in the way of things, right?

I hope all you guys enjoy all of the stories though. :3 It's getting a bit hard to keep up with all the epic stuff we've made in past years, so we're trying to do what we can with the time we have.

I only have 22 of the Graveyard adventure items... yet I keep seeing people post about completing the quests. Now I think I've done something wrong. Derp. I saw the one post that included a fifth dragon, which I haven't seen yet.

Oh well. I HAVE BLACK MARROW EGGS. All is right with the world! I only pray I don't end up egglocked on midnight the 31st... I want a caveborn Halloween dragon of gorgeousness!

I'm excited to see the new dragon, and if what I think is gonna be will be (trying not to spoil it for people who haven't finished the quest yet) its gonna be awesome!

I have to admit I am wondering about that myself.

I have to admit I am wondering about that myself.

I think it may have to do with the story.

Spoiler for anyone who hasn't finished: Maybe it will be the evil dragon mentioned that was fighting the Guardian? Like a Destroyer of Nature?

I think I also completed the Carnival thing. Can anyone tell me if I collected every item?

I'm pretty sure that's all there is; those are all the ones I have.

^ When I went through the quest, I thought it was an Avatar of Destruction that the story referred to. They're kind of a counterpart to the GoN

Of course i was super smart and locked myself a few days ago. Thankfully things will start hatching in a few hours but geez.

Meanwhile, i did have /one/ slot open to finally complete my 4g purebred Shadow Walker lineage that i started for idk what reasons. Quite proud of it, and i hope the people who got the other two resulting eggs from it take good care of my babies.

I'll start breeding the others later.

^ When I went through the quest, I thought it was an Avatar of Destruction that the story referred to. They're kind of a counterpart to the GoN

yeah but if it was I think they would have said it. They said it was a GoN, so why not say what the other dragon was unless it was the new one?

Okay, I've seen mixed reports on this

When it comes to the Items from the Quest;

It is 24 items in total (22 from the Quest - 2 from the Carnival)

OR

26 items in total (24 from the Quest - 2 from the Carnival)

yeah but if it was I think they would have said it. They said it was a GoN, so why not say what the other dragon was unless it was the new one?

Could be, and I can't wait to see.

Besides. I always got the impression, and maybe I am wrong here, that the Guardians of Nature were more powerful than avatars... being that the avatars are basically demi-gaurdians. I always pictured a GoN as fully capable of defeating ANY one of the avatars if it so chose.

Again, maybe wrong.

Edited by Silverswift

To be mysterious? ~~this evil shall not be named! OoooOoOO!~~ haha

I don't know. It's just what I gathered from the photos' descriptions on the Mountain quest (as in: the woman in the photos seemed to know what that other dragon was, maybe our hero is just kinda slow?), and then from the final ending. Was just surprised people were speculating new breed when the explanation could be more mundane

Edited by Shapa

... There's so many dead eggs in nder, and a bunch of other holidays and this is the first day of breeding.

Guys don't add your eggs to hatcheries yet its very likely theyll get sick especially with this encyclopedia thing having just come out. There's bound to be people lurking hatcheries to get observations .-.

I did too, when it first came up with the pictures. But now that I've seen the ending I'm not so sure.

Now I'm thinking that dragon might be the new Halloween dragon. Whatever it is I hope we get to see it, it sounds really cool.

I personally think it will be a new Halloween dragon - something dark to offset the GoN. That'd be great!

That or it's a hint of a new summonable coming...even more exciting!

...or it's a hint of a new summonable coming...even more exciting!

This is an interesting possibility as well, I'll admit.

I hope we don't have to summon it, with my luck I won't have te dragons I need to do it xd.png

And yeah hide your Halloween eggs for now. Mine got sick within an hour. I think I caught it in time so they won't die but fingers crossed.