TJ09

2014-10-25 - Halloween Event

-wakes up an hour before needing to get blood work done-

Back to the hunt!

Do they all breed multiple eggs? I just had a pair lay two, and now I have a pair with four. O_o

*hides potential spoilers behind transparent text; highlight to view*

Consider me a huge fan of the creepy time magic plotline, and a big fan of the light and water ones. On top of that, the earth one was really well written. Generally, the quality of the writing this year made me actually read large chunks of the adventure - normally I don't do much of that since in past events I noticed I have troubles keeping in mind everything I've already done and keeping up with the story, and my favourite stories are all a good deal creepier than anything I usually encounter on Dragon Cave, but I digress. @_@

The cycling mana crystal is amazing, especially as an item in canon. Same with the hourglass with the time mana crystals as sand grains, herpderp, so fantastic. user posted image

Together with the encyclopaedia, this Halloween event really helped flesh out the world to me. I'm sure it'll inspire a bunch new dragon descriptions whenever I next go on a description spree. biggrin.gif

Will the information from the story be added to the encyclopaedia? Like the oasis in the desert as a potent source of light mana?

And: Pretty please can we have the chaotic counterpart of the Guardian of Nature be a new breed? </predictable>

Favourite joke: "Most of the spells deal with altering one's perception of time, though there is one for very limited precognition and another that will make paint dry more quickly."

xd.png

Thank you, everyone, for the event!

Edit: Because I want to, here are the links to the mentioned dragon characters, in case others are as curious as me. (Sunrise Shade even has a description. user posted image)

* Astriferous (name spoiler'd for spoilers)

* Diamond Breaker

* Hebaid (link as per Fiona)

* Sunrise Shade

* Tenevei

Edited by pinkgothic

Do they all breed multiple eggs? I just had a pair lay two, and now I have a pair with four. O_o

Most holiday dragons do breed multiple eggs, so that you share with others (via the AP).

Most holiday dragons do breed multiple eggs, so that you share with others (via the AP).

Oh that's nice. I hope the seven people will enjoy their second gen shadow walkers~

Finished the event, it was fun!

Okay two questions.

1. how meany treats are there this year?

2. If you pick one path does that mean your stuck with it or can you also do the other three??

WB

Okay two questions.

2. If you pick one path does that mean your stuck with it or can you also do the other three??

WB

1. I'm not sure. For the carnival there seems to be 24 and for the trick or treat there's a bunch. xd.png

2. If you do one, you can still do the other three. However I think you have to finish the one you are on first. ^-^

1. I'm not sure. For the carnival there seems to be 24 and for the trick or treat there's a bunch. xd.png

2. If you do one, you can still do the other three. However I think you have to finish the one you are on first. ^-^

Thank you ^^

WB

Just finished the quest, thanks to all for this fun event! happy.gif

Now more breeding, hunting, and unlocking encyclopedia... What did i ever do with my free time before DC??

Okay two questions.

WB

I've got 37 treats and no more have shown up in over an hour

So.... the 'return to scroll' link means the end of the adventure?? Only collected 24 items during the story.

Having so much fun! I've decided to focus on Pumpkins and Shadow Walkers for the moment. Thanks to a trade I was able to secure 2nd gen Shadow Walkers from past Christmas dragons. I now have a second gen for all of them except from a Holly (this one will be a little harder to obtain). I was also lucky enough to grab a 2nd gen SW from a spriter's alt while hunting the cave just after midnight.

Loving the tricks/treats and the event!

At 37 treats and haven't seen one for nearly 20 minutes. I think we have our number, unless more are added in later.

Well, this was lovely. I snagged four low-time common eggs from the AP when everyone was rushing to free up egg space--and they took about ten minutes to hatch each, so it was basically four free hatchlings--and now I'm scroll-locked with four Pumpkins and two CB green Coppers (my first of both types!). DC holidays are awesome. biggrin.gif

"Though you think there are more booths that will open soon you hear a commotion in the graveyard where you left your dragons parked."

Ah, that made my day. xd.png Thank you!

When I read that, all I could imagine is someone sat on a Stone dragon slowly reversing into a parking space, reverse beeps and all.

Or someone putting a ticket on a double parked dragon.

Or accidentally scraping someones shiny Soulpeaceas you try and maneuver your dragon into a good spot xd.png

Yay, I love Halloween! biggrin.gif Egg-locked myself with Marrows and Pumpkins (including a 2G)! ^^ This event is going to be fun!

Just bred my Marrows and Cavern Lurkers and each pair bred at least 3 eggs! I love being able to breed enough to go around! biggrin.gif

I've already got a bunch of Pumpkins, but I always want more. I'm also looking for last year's release. I wish we could have more time to gather them!

really can't get enough marrows, though, I only caught one tongue.gif

blink.gifwacko.gifxd.png

First post on 1st event on DC, on first attempt at trick or treating cool.gif And a little adventure! And great previous years eggs! Wow!!!! biggrin.gif

But I'm really confused blink.gif

I've got most of the images open for the encyclopedia, and am now into trying to fill the gaps and unlock all the info.

But I can't!!! xd.png Every time I observe the number of hatchlings/adults it says, I get a new target to meet>

I don't get it. What am I missing here? blink.gif

Please help a newbie dragon breeder do the right thing by my babies, present and future! xd.pngblink.gif