zaverxi

Yellow Undine theories!

Hurray a yellow!!! I wonder maybe it's every even generation maybe? Like all 2nd gens, 4th gens etc (like all even numbered generation eggs) are yellow possibly and all odds are green? Just an idea.

I immediately bred my only green copper to an undine and got an undine egg. Here's hoping. smile.gif

Aww, I hope it ain't just Coppers too. Only have 4 CB Coppers (only 2 are green) and 12+ Undines. My first I bred to a Brimstone because I liked the color scheme, and the others haven't turned into adults yet.

Grats on the FIRST yellow, btw.

I'm really hoping it's just random and those two from Coppers are just a coincidence.

I'm pretty sure it's coincidence.

They're the first 2nd gen hatchies I've seen so far so it's hard to tell.

Unless someone has some green 2nds I think yellows going to be pretty common.

I doubt it; with the exception of the purple dinos, TJ has never "hidden" dragons from us when they're released.

The Black stripes were hidden from us when he first released them:

user posted image

link

the black stripes are all its referring to ;3

TJ didnt have them posted on the front page until people discovered them

So I would not be surprised if there are other secret releases.

Aw man, I haven't been able to snag a CB copper yet. Hope this is just a funky coincidence.

I'm glad it's just a regular alt. It lets people be more creative with their lineages. happy.gif

Edit: I think that is the case currently, but it's way too early to tell what the actual odds are.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Yay! I'm hoping for some yellow babies smile.gif I bred a couple of coppers and a pb... Unfortunately my one gold x undine pair refused sad.gif

Edit: I'm really curious as to whether this will be a set type of alt (generational or breed related like stripes) or just random like the black and vine alts are.

Edited by kerrikins

I'm glad to see that there are so many yellow ones. I hope that they won't be as rare as the black/vine alts.

Congrats on the yellow babies! Interesting that the one of Ruby's coppers was from the jungle biome, so it doesn't seem to be biome related. I'd like to see the OP updated with successful pairings and their biomes as well.

Edited by Jazeki

What about breeding to a copper or stone? Yellow water is because of rust or other mineral deposits. As soon as mine grow up I plan on breeding to assorted coppers to see what happens.

Well nice to know that the coppers do make yellow. Though I hope to find out if its because of the rust/ mineral theory or something else. This is the first time I'm ever been even sorta right on the "how it works" of a new dragon.

Maybe there is a logic in generations, like:

CB - green

1st Gen - yellow

2nd Gen - green

3rd Gen - yellow

4rd Gen - green

and so on.

My PB pair produced a yellow Undine!

As someone said, the ratios favor yellows at this point.

Yay! I'm happy to hear this! biggrin.gif

Also, just bred my first egg as well:

Undine Female from Forest x Male CB Gold from..the cave. Huh.

Anyway, got a:

Undine egg

Edited by RipPanther1

Maybe there is a logic in generations, like:

CB - green

1st Gen - yellow

2nd Gen - green

3rd Gen - yellow

4rd Gen - green

and so on.

That's what I suggested. I think that would be cool and make some pretty lineages

I just bred one of my Undines with a Brimstone and out popped an Undine egg, so we'll see what happens.

Right now, though, I have a total of 3 Undine eggs incubating:two produced by Undine pairings and then my U&B pairing mentioned above. The failed attempts by my other eggs had a variety of excuses, all mentioned in this thread.

As soon as my two adolescent dragons mature into adults and a couple of my eggs hatch, I will attempt another 'dirty' breeding and maybe even a gold to see if that will produce a yellow.

No doubt, someone here will eventually get a yellow, it's only a matter of time. smile.gif

EDIT: That didn't take long at all, and all while I was typing out my comment above! LOL

Edited by Reinbeauchaser

I just bred one of my Undines with a Brimstone and out popped an Undine egg, so we'll see what happens.

Right now, though, I have a total of 3 Undine eggs incubating:two produced by Undine pairings and then my U&B pairing mentioned above. The failed attempts by my other eggs had a variety of excuses, all mentioned in this thread.

As soon as my two adolescent dragons mature into adults and a couple of my eggs hatch, I will attempt another 'dirty' breeding and maybe even a gold to see if that will produce a yellow.

No doubt, someone here will eventually get a yellow, it's only a matter of time. smile.gif

Several have. Look back up the thread smile.gif

I"m beginning to think that the greens and yellows will end up fairly evenly matched in numbers. The ratios will even themselves out with a burst of bred yellows, then greens will again be mixed into the breeding results, until it will be a 50-50 chance which one will result from an Undine breeding.

The greens will always be the only ones caught in the cave, but you will have a pretty even chance at getting either a green or a yellow from breeding, regardless of what color the parent(s) are. The ratios will keep the numbers even. So in crossing with other breeds, there may be a greater or lesser chance of getting the Undine, but when you get the Undine, you'll have an even chance of getting either green or yellow.

I could see alternating rows in a PB lineage. Or a checker after the first gen. Or maybe blocks of all green or all yellow (after the first gen). Maybe an outline, with green first gen and on the outsides, with all the inside yellow. Crossing with stripes could give new color patterns. Lots of ways this could go.

But these would only come to pass if I'm right about the 50-50 and the ratios.

I don't have any inside info, so I could be totally wrong, but this sounds logical to me.