TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

First batch - 2 from Alpine, 2 from Forest - all hatched green.

Yup, same here. Starting to look a lot like the golden ones are breed-only. (Which is sort of a relief for me, actually - means I can worry about them after I've collected all the CBs I need rolleyes.gif )

All green for me too.

If they are breed only, then they would be true alts, like blacks and vines. Which would be fun.

Edited by ainisarie

My first batch all hatched green. I just grabbed another batch. They really weren't as hard to get as I thought they'd be. I had all 7 in 10 minutes. Sure, I missed a few by taking my time, but at least I didn't misclick. Also I noticed that I had picked up 2 different ones just by constant refreshing & clicking; it seems they dropped one after another & I managed to snag both. So don't give up or despair about ever getting any. You will, it just takes a lil patience. wink.gif Since I just need 4 more for scroll purposes, I might breed them when they get old enough, just to see if the yellow ones are breed only. If not... xd.png I'll have to see if time of day has anything to do with it, which means free hatchies for friends & the AP. tongue.gif

Yep, all of mine hatched (and are green). Now to think of a naming scheme...

The colours are intriguing - if the colouring is not based on biomes but could be either rarer alts or perhaps breed only , has anyone suggested they could be time variants like the day/night glories or the sunrise/ sunsets? mine haven't hatched yet so i can't add to the discussion. I see they sort between the ultra violets and the valentines.

I caught my eggs from alpine 18:15 GMT(13:15 cave time) approx and (I think) from both biomes 23:15 GMT(18:15pm cave time) approx so they are likely to be day variants if the time of catching is important - [the 18.15 cave time ones are currently at 4 days 4hours with incubate]

Thanks for the new releaseTJ although I'm a little disappointed about the new release schedule.

Lovely eggs and hatchies so far Little Art Girl and Shiny Hazard Sign ( Aww look at their little manes and tufty tails) and a new in cave spriter too, Congratulations! and thank you both

Edited by velvet_paw

If they are breed only, then they would be true alts, like blacks and vines. Which would be fun.

I might be mentally plotting a "changeling" lineage of alts and same breed/different sprites. tongue.gif

I'm still holding out for the new babies picked up later hatching yellow, but I will be happy if we get breedable yellow alts. Maybe it has to do with what they breed with (like which water breeds since water reacts to them).

Im voting breedable or morning for yellows. (very much hoping not rares as otherwise gulp!)

I have another crazy colour theory: yellow dragons take longer to develop and only hatch from unincubated eggs. biggrin.gif

Not a very likely theory, perhaps, but I think that would be cool!

Resisting the urge to freeze one of my green babies (all 4 of them), because they're hecka cute at s1. But since they're all influenced and what not, well, I will wait until I find a messy one. I'm hoping the gold is an alt version like blacks and deep greens. It's been a while since we've had a true alt.

Well, I am done hunting for right now. Now to wait around and see if anyone will be lucky enough to hatch yellow babies.

Reporting only green hatchlings from both biomes as well.

Those s1 hatchlings are SO ADORABLE! laugh.gif

Edited by dustpuppy

All 7 of mine hatched green. 4 from the Alpine and 3 from the Forest.

Why is how to get the yellow version being kept a secret?

Edited by Allspice

*squints*

These look... familiar.

*checks placement*

Yep. I'm pretty sure I know these dragons.

All 7 of mine hatched green. 4 from the Alpine and 3 from the Forest.

Why is how to get the yellow version being kept a secret?

Those things generally aren't something TJ reveals in the release post. Like how to get hybrid dragons (Ultra Violets, Soulpeace, etc.) or things like which BSA a dragon might have. It's part of the game that players often have to discover those on our own.

Mine also hatched green. I just fogged two eggs (one from each biome) and will unfog them later to see if the hatching time has anything to do with the colour.

Shadowdrake, any clue about it? rolleyes.gif

My initial seven all hatched green, they're from both Biomes. Curiouser indeed!

All green here, but I caught too later in the day to see if that would effect the color so I'm waiting on those.

Those things generally aren't something TJ reveals in the release post. Like how to get hybrid dragons (Ultra Violets, Soulpeace, etc.) or things like which BSA a dragon might have. It's part of the game that players often have to discover those on our own.

Yeah, but he says if the egg is a hybrid or has a BSA. If we can't get them in the cave, I'd rather just be told so I don't go looking for something that isn't there.

4 of my eggs turned out to be the green variation. I have 2 more eggs, I hope one will be yellow, as the yellow variation seems rarer then it's green counterpart. Regardless nice s2 stages as well. Adults should be here soon, I hope.

Oh and has anyone actually gotten a yellow variation?

Edited by Speedicus

Oh and has anyone actually gotten a yellow variation?

No, which leads to speculation that they may be breed-only, or perhaps influenced by the time of day, like the Sunrise/Sunset or Day/Night Glories. Or perhaps they are just a rare variant.