TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

Oops. Accidentally grabbed three more from the forest. I'm definitely not balanced between the biomes, lol. Hope the colors are random. =p

(Agreed - I am excited for a yellow-based dragon!)

So - the release is over already? and me with none of em - hope they are commons... Ok - speak and then I get one - and a musty egg

Edited by TempestSea

I got two from the mountains and two from the forest on my first try, I'm thinking they're uncommon. Wishing I could have grabbed more but I had one bred egg I didn't want to lose and I accidentally grabbed a split which I can't even bite.

So - the release is over already? and me with none of em - hope they are commons... Ok - speak and then I get one - and a musty egg

I didn't get any either, so I must resort to trading again, hopefully at least that works. unsure.gif

They are finally beginning to gender.

Dang, was out all day so I haven't seen them till now. I remember these! Not enough to know why TJ has eight though .__. Looks like I won't have a chance grabbing them till the hourly drop...

Nalyua

Quote Post

QUOTE (TempestSea @ Aug 3 2014, 05:29 AM)

I didn't get any either, so I must resort to trading again, hopefully at least that works. unsure.gif

The drops always last for at least 24 hours. Unless it has been 24 hours since the first new eggs appeared you still have time, the normal eggs are just more obvios in the other 4 biomes now.

On another front, I absolutely love the first yellow hatchlings without wings. They remind me so much of the dragons of my childhood with jeweled features. Great job! laugh.gif

Nalyua

Quote Post

QUOTE (TempestSea @ Aug 3 2014, 05:29 AM)

The drops always last for at least 24 hours. Unless it has been 24 hours since the first new eggs appeared you still have time, the normal eggs are just more obvios in the other 4 biomes now.

On another front, I absolutely love the first yellow hatchlings without wings. They remind me so much of the dragons of my childhood with jeweled features. Great job! laugh.gif

They started mixing three hours in, albeit not by much. The drops don't last a full 24 hours.

Whoops, spoke too fast - just grabbed 7 from the last 5-min drop xd.png All but one from the Alpine. I'll have to look for anybody willing to trade in 12-ish hours, when I wake up.

That means some of us have to completely change our play styles so we can be open.

I'm kinda worried about this too. I might just not bother with trying to get new releases and just get some if I happen to get some, since, with things I can't change very easily dictating my computer use patterns, I could be just setting myself up for a lot of frustration by actually trying.

Everyone's got different play styles. While I feel for the people who like the regular releases, who's play style gets disrupted by random releases, I just want to throw in my two cents and that I'm excited to go back to random releases -- as long as they stay decently frequent.

Not speaking for anyone else, just my personal preference.

*nod* Maybe too complicated but I'd love something like a planned release every 2-3 months and random ones in between, so that the random element could be there but people like me could have something to plan for.

These dragons are so adorable <3 I like that we have a new yellow dragon, but I really love the green one's aqua colors. uwu

I like the fact that we have monthly new dragons, but I would rather that they be random as to when they happen.

Yes, it is nice to plan ahead and be here when they release, but what about the rest of the world? The drops aren't necessarily at a good time for everyone. 1 PM here is 3 AM somewhere else.

Sigh, missed out on this, so there goes all my chances of getting a few on day one. I would've liked to get at least one green and one yellow, but got bucklies of that happening now.

EDIT: Or not. Got three at least. Watch them all be the same colour.

Edited by Xili_Rem

I like the fact that we have monthly new dragons, but I would rather that they be random as to when they happen.

Yes, it is nice to plan ahead and be here when they release, but what about the rest of the world? The drops aren't necessarily at a good time for everyone. 1 PM here is 3 AM somewhere else.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the time is going to be random, just the day, so that doesn't really benefit other countries.

I had to jump through hoops to get my co-worker to switch schedules with me so I could be off the first Saturday of the month to make this release. I haven't been able to make one since the time changed to midday since I work double shifts on Saturdays. Now that I've finally got things set up in my real life to allow me to play this game, the game changed. It may not sound like much, but it actually took a great deal of effort to get that change through, so this is a slap in the face for me.

Yes, TJ works on the coding on his own as far as I know, but I believe after all these years of doing it, he should have it stream lined pretty well so it doesn't take a great deal of time. I'm sorry, I think he should be able to put a day, part of a day, aside each month for the new release. I managed to wrestle a day free to participate.

The change to mainly reliable scheduled releases was a step forward. Now the site is backsliding to old ways. You work to improve something. Also, up until the last year and a half, we could reasonably count on the release to be on a Saturday night. Many of us would clear our scrolls every weekend when we started to get the feeling that the time for a new release was right. TJ's post says that weekend releases are "very likely", meaning, to me, that there is always a chance that he might throw a wild card in there. That means some of us have to completely change our play styles so we can be open. I can only speak for myself here, but I know that's going to make the game much less interesting. I won't be breeding anymore, so instead of being on every day to tend to my scroll and see what I can do, I'll only click on randomly to see if a new breed has been released, catch it and have nothing else to do but wait until next month. That makes for a dull game.

QFT. I totally feel you here. This decision feels like a regression that is going to end up taking some fun out of this game.

Ooh, the green male looks like a sturdy little beast.

On a side note, I don't think anyone is accusing TJ of forcing them to do anything with their eggs/hatchies--more like the changes to gameplay are strongly influencing their playing style.

Edited by Jazeki

I really don't see the issue here. Unless it's a rare release - which is very, pardon my phrasing, 'rare' - you'll easily be able to grab the new dragons when it's convenient for you. Last month's releases are still readily available in the cave. I spotted a bunch of blue bands and cassares while browsing the cave waiting for the next drop.

I really don't see the issue here. Unless it's a rare release - which is very, pardon my phrasing, 'rare' - you'll easily be able to grab the new dragons when it's convenient for you. Last month's releases are still readily available in the cave. I spotted a bunch of blue bands and cassares while browsing the cave waiting for the next drop.

Coppers and Blusangs were meant to be uncommon, but became hard to get after the initial release. The user base is also very capable of creating false rares, as we've seen in the past with blacks and stripes...and honestly I think that's what happened with the blusangs. The green two-headed lindwurms were precious not long after their release. We never know how rare an breed is going to be, so that first day is our best bet to secure it.

Also, some of us have quirks in our play style. I collect eggs from the first day to stand as a release history on my scroll. Meaningless to anyone else, but important to me. Having to wait days, weeks or months to get the new breed ruins my goals.

Coppers and Blusangs were meant to be uncommon, but became hard to get after the initial release. The user base is also very capable of creating false rares, as we've seen in the past with blacks and stripes...and honestly I think that's what happened with the blusangs. The green two-headed lindwurms were precious not long after their release. We never know how rare an breed is going to be, so that first day is our best bet to secure it.

Also, some of us have quirks in our play style. I collect eggs from the first day to stand as a release history on my scroll. Meaningless to anyone else, but important to me. Having to wait days, weeks or months to get the new breed ruins my goals.

Do not see how either of those things are TJ's fault or responsibility.