TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

Has Little Art Girl had a release before? Her name doesn't seem familiar... (And I adore these hatchies; I can't decide which i like better!)

Has Little Art Girl had a release before? Her name doesn't seem familiar... (And I adore these hatchies; I can't decide which i like better!)

It looks like this is her first in-cave release, but she also sprited the black shuck. Looking at her spriting talents along with Haze's, these babies will probably be glorious if they did the rest of the stages.

OMG I actually got 2 of each biome so hopefully have both colors and Thank you for this release and AWESOME eggs/hatchies so far

Thank you TJ and Little Art Girl, Shiny Hazard Sign

My Avatar has hatched, so I can go grab another from the Forest!!

ETA: and it's done for now. Nice job artists, TJ and all. Congrats to Little Art Girl for a nice first showing, and well done all!

Edited by oddsoxdi

Judging by the appearance of the hatchlings:

The color depends on where they're from.

Both adults and hatchies have dimorphism.

Just a guess, though.

Judging by the appearance of the hatchlings:

The color depends on where they're from.

Both adults and hatchies have dimorphism.

Just a guess, though.

Those are my presumptions as well... though it may prove that we are wrong.

ALSo... do these have a vaguely 'Eastern Dragon' look to anyone else?

Edited by Silverswift

2 forest, 1 alpine. I need just 1 more alpine and the I should be good for now. Those hatchlings look glossy and shiny-maybe they have some sort of moist slime like waterhorses? It took me a couple of tries to grab my first egg-these sure are popular!

I would absolutely give up a new release egg for a GoN. Four years of trying and I still don't have even one. I did pick up an Avatar off one of the Forum topics, though. GoN swap for a new release egg? In a New York minute.

Haha, nah, I'm good! But, do we know if these eggs will be rare or not? Plus 8 dragons out of one egg?? They're going to be like nebulas where the hatchlings all look the same then differ when they gain their wings??

I'm almost certain I know what these might be o.o Got four, two from each biome yay~

Thanks for letting me know they were mixing in the alpine, guys. rolleyes.gif

Caught a blue-banded and bit it. It turned but didn't repulse... Gotta catch my last one in the morning. xd.png

Beautiful new eggs and cute new hatchlings!

I know this sounds like i`m a total censorkip.gif*, but does the real life tell you in advance what will happen the next day, well some things are announced, but 90% of things happen random along the way, and even if ppl are annoyed at that, this is how life works and most of us are fine by it.

This isn't 'real life'. This is an online game. The way your real life works and the caveats of it don't apply and are in no way relevant to games.

Darn, just misclicked a Brute in the Alpine so I will have to wait until morning to catch another of these little ones.

I love this egg, such a pretty color! And the hatchlings show promise, too. I wonder if the different colors are from the different biomes or if something else determines it -- maybe just random? Time will tell, I guess. Until then all is just speculation.

I think its bc a lot of ppl feel as if the monthly release is a good thing, but it leaves people with nothing to do for the rest of the month. Could be because we've been releasing commons lately, which imho is something that is needed, but can be easily caught in the following week.

As we can't just release 5 rare breeds or release only rares, I guess we can either have

1. A set percentage of rares that will be released per year. For example assuming there are 12 releases per year, at least 2 months have to have at least 1 rare breed included in the release, anf so on.

2. Adjust the term between releases based on their rarity-when a common breed is released, a new breed will be announced 3 weeks after that, while rare breeds will have a term of 5 weeks, and so on.

3. Shorten the time gap between the releases to 3 weeks.

Idk, just my 2 cents, feel free to disagree.

This isn't 'real life'. This is an online game. The way your real life works and the caveats of it don't apply and are in no way relevant to games.

So you are saying that cause it is an online game we can not have random things, and all must be planed in advance. I think it is more than enough if we get a new breed once a month, so no need to make a tight schedule of when exactly will the new breeds be released. A bit of randomness will not hurt any one, and besides as far as i know TJ works on this site alone as far as coding goes, and from some posts i read i get the feeling that some collectors demand that he must not change things cause it will mess up their plans, but did any one ever think that he is doing the changes cause he wants to have some free time around first weekend of the month. And for about 6 years all was fine with random new releases, but now half the community wont be able to live with it if we get random days of new release.

These are awesome new eggs!!,& the hatchies are so cute<3 love their colors! thank you TJ & Spriters! smile.gif

ALSo... do these have a vaguely 'Eastern Dragon' look to anyone else?

They do, faintly.. Oh, if they are, that would make me very very happy. ^^

OMG FINALLY! biggrin.gif I've been waiting for these guys forever! Thank you so much, TJ, I'm so excited to see them!

And I'm kind of glad we're going back to random releases. It was more fun not knowing when to expect them and getting a surprise. smile.gif