Nyastara

Guardian of Nature breeding

I bred a 2nd Avatar. The first one was Destruction, so I tried something different, and now have a little Change egg. My female GoN is one of the leap year summons from 2012, and it turns out I have a CB Nocturne stolen the same day, so my little Change has Leap Year parents. <3

I'm trying to decide on a mate for my Avatar of Destruction. Since his father is a Magma, I may try Marlene Dietrich. If they are not compatible, I'll breed him a mate out of my CBs. I'll try it when I unlock again. smile.gif

After no Avatars until last week's attempts, I now have 2 Avatars from this week's attempts, bringing me to 3 out of 8 tries. I have one of each now. <3

I am scroll-locked atm, but will try breeding my first Avatar late tonight. wink.gif

And @TCA - I have two of the Crimsons, one from my GoNs and one from the AP. I do really like the combination, even if they don't breed an Avatar. I may try breeding a Crimson line later, similar to http://dragcave.net/lineage/dvjCH, but with GoNs instead of the Frills. smile.gif

I will say this. BBWs and Neos will not produce avatars, they are neutral.

I bred both of mine today X daydream. One refused, one produced an avatar of change. The one that refused has only ever bred one egg, it is very picky. The successful one has constantly bred an egg each week.

UPDATE

user posted imageAvatar of Change user posted image ~

• Seasonal (Summer) user posted image
Added new list for:

Neutral Dragons: (only produce non-Avatar eggs)

• Bright-Breasted Wyvern user posted image (confirmed by Dolphinsong)
  • Neotropical user posted image (confirmed by Dolphinsong)
  • Royal Blue user posted image (every known of breeding attempt resulted in a RB egg)
  • Royal Crimson user posted image (every known of breeding attempt resulted in a RC egg)
And I just want to thank you all for your fantastic help with creating the breeding list! Thank you! wub.gif Edited by Nyastara

I admit that I was hoping for a "destruction" egg when I bred my creation with a hellhorse. Instead I got a hellhorse egg. But that answers my unasked question of if they will produce a "regular" egg from those that they can produce one of the avatars.

I tried breeding my GoN with a hellfire wyvern and got a refusal. So glad I wasted a fertility BSA on them...

Yup, I got all 3 - his own Avatar type, the other type, and non-Avatar: http://dragcave.net/progeny/d9pUQ

Oooooo, something to look forward to and plan projects. Because I totally need something more to frustrate me and take up my time. wink.gif

:V 2 more attempts at getting a AoD from a mint. 2 more fails.

Avatar of Destruction from a mint ???!!

Avatar of Destruction from a mint ???!!

well YA! /I/ think it's probs the most likely outcome ;D

My mints seem to think otherwise and are giving me mints X3

(actually TJ probs felt they didn't match anything and they're neutral)

Can avatars breed to each other? I tried Creation X Creation and got a refusal.

I've seen a destruction From Creation X destruction

I have new information about the Frostbite dragons. They can produce avatars AND frostbite eggs:

Proof

I am all of a sudden having a hard time breeding the avatars. Out of four six tries, I got two fails and four no eggs. Last week I got eggs from all of them.

Anyone else having the same issue? I think maybe they are settling into their rarity.

Edited by littleblackdog

I am all of a sudden having a hard time breeding the avatars. Out of four tries, I got one fail and three no eggs. Last week I got eggs from all of them. Are they settling into their rarity now?

I got no Avatars the first two weeks, one in the third week, and 2 this last week, giving me 3 out of 8 breeding attempts. It has to average out somewhere.

Have Imperial Fleshcrownes bred any avatars yet? I was hoping that they wouldn't be neutral since I was thinking about doing a checker with them someday, but if they are I can just switch some of the base dragons to get the 2nd Gen avatars and go from there.