Nyastara

Guardian of Nature breeding

Thank you for that! I prefer Even-Gens myself, so I'm still brainstorming what I want to do for Avatar breedings myself. C:

Another question: When it comes to mates that CAN produce Avatars, can they also produce non-Avatar eggs? For example, if you bred a GON with a Brute, could you get a Brute egg from it? Might be too early to know, but I am curious. Would make my breeding plans much easier.

Yes, they can also produce non-Avatar eggs. (GoN x listed dragon and Avatar x other dragon) When I had bred my GoN x Falconiform Wyvern pair I got a ... Falconiform Wyvern egg but this paring can also produce Avatar of Destruction eggs.

No,they can't

I bred my GON with whiptail and they refused.

I think that this was a "normal" refusal. I suspect that these little critters might be able to produce Destruction eggs.

I bred my GoN x Bright-Breasted Wyvern pair and got me a ... BBW egg. dry.gifuser posted image

Breeding List - Update (<- link)

Newly added the following breeding list:

~ user posted imageAvatar of Creation user posted image ~

• Yellow-Crowned user posted image
~ user posted imageAvatar of Destruction user posted image ~
  • Olive user posted image
Newly added to "Dragons they can breed with but so far only resulted in a non-avatar egg" list:
  • Bright-Breasted Wyvern user posted image
  • Neotropical user posted image
  • Spotted Greenwing user posted image
  • Imperial Fleshcrowne user posted image
Newly added to "Refusal" list:
  • Whiptail user posted image (one known refusal so far)
Please note, that dragons from the "Dragons they can breed with but so far only resulted in a non-avatar egg" are worth another try as well as some fom the "Refusal" list (Whiptails).

If you discover a breeding pair (+ lineage link) which hasn't been listed feel free to contact me by posting here or via PM.

Edited by Nyastara

Is someone keeping track of (un)successful breedings of the avatars themselves? I tried to breed my avatar of creation (from GoN x Blusang) with a 2nd gen blusang, but they refused. sad.gif

For the sake of my curiousity I am indeed keeping this list. I'm only looking at 3rd generation eggs cause I assume anything beyond that will give the same results as 3rd generations.

You can find the list here. With all the different possible results, I've made tables of it and I have no idea how to include it in the forums here and to have it still normal readable, hence the link to my blogpost.

It is interesting, btw, that Sweetlings have only given refusals to GoN but DO breed with the Avatars. Might that imply that the Avatars can breed with more breeds the GoN refuses and give an Avatar egg?

@Nyastara: Do you mind if I use the symbols and setup you've used in the first post in my list? (the check mark, question mark and bold for updates?). Just to keep it the same smile.gif

Edited by Sheriziya

b]Newly added to "Refusal" list:[/b]
  • Whiptail user posted image (one known refusal so far)
Please note, that dragons from the "Dragons they can breed with but so far only resulted in a non-avatar egg" are worth another try as well as some fom the "Refusal" list (Whiptails).

If you discover a breeding pair (+ lineage link) which hasn't been listed feel free to contact me by posting here or via PM.

Just bred my GoN with a Whiptail and got a Whiptail: http://dragcave.net/lineage/jW4g6

So they at least don't refuse smile.gif

just for your info: I tried to breed my Avatars of Creation and Change with each other, they gave no egg, but did not refuse either.

Not sure yet how I will influence, but this is my first plan of an Even Gen lineage:

This:

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=2&mate=YeArp

or that:

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=2&mate=bJPY8

Edited by lilysally

Another Heartseeker refusal ...

Coastal Waverunner makes Creation: http://dragcave.net/progeny/ZKTO8 (kind of expected, with them being a watery breed and all ...)

(egg is currently hidden by its new owner, lineage will probably be visible again in a few days ...)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Still no Avatars for me, but at least both produced eggs from the common breeds this time.

Brute x GoN = Brute

GoN x Royal Crimson = Royal Crimson

I will post the lineage links when both are adults. <3

Tried an Imperial Flehscrowne, got an Imp egg, said its code out loud when it happened: http://dragcave.net/lineage/lOwhy xd.png

Also meant to try a Coastal Waverunner but got them confused with Black Capped Teimarrs inseated. Derp.

Edited by GhostMouse

@Nyastara: Do you mind if I use the symbols and setup you've used in the first post in my list? (the check mark, question mark and bold for updates?). Just to keep it the same smile.gif

Feel free to use it. smile.gif

@ ALL: And thank you all for helping with the list by sending and posting lineages! You're awesometastic!

Breeding List - Update (<- link)

Newly added the following breeding list:

~ user posted imageAvatar of Creation user posted image ~

• Coastal Waverunner user posted image
  • Two-Finned Bluna user posted image

Newly added to "Dragons they can breed with but so far only resulted in a non-avatar egg" list:

• Dorsal (purple &red) user posted image
  • Whiptail user posted image

[EDIT] Added Two-Finned Bluna to the list

Edited by Nyastara

GoN x Tsunami = Avatar of Creation.

I know it's already known, but I figured I'd toss in the stat.

It also looks really gorgeous, but because I was intensely stupid, mine auto'd. Ah well, s'my own fault. xd.png It'll make someone else happy.

I knew there had to be a breeding thread, somewhere!!!

I haven't gone through all the posts, but one thing that did occur to me - although the results would be limited, if indeed Heartseeker and Sweetling don't breed now, possibly they will at Valentine's Day?

If nothing else, I think Sweetlings from GoN/Sweetling pairings would be lovely. Although, I do hope that they will eventually breed and we won't keep getting refusals.

I haven't gone through all the posts, but one thing that did occur to me - although the results would be limited, if indeed Heartseeker and Sweetling don't breed now, possibly they will at Valentine's Day?

Considering that refusals are turned off at Valentine's Day, I don't think there's any reason why they wouldn't be able to. :3 (I agree that Sweetlings would look nice with GoNs; purple and pink. I intend to get that pairing... but I do still wish they could breed Avatars though.)

I'm just curious, but would anyone have a good even-genned Avatar with similar parentage and everything? Stairstep lineages are definitely a great way to go with breeding, but I'm curious if someone's gotten a good even combo yet.

My personal favorite lineage style is a spiral, but I was recently gifted a lovely EG lineage. http://dragcave.net/lineage/z9KaH

GoN x Olive = no interest

Too bad too, I figured they would look nice together. smile.gif

Edited by Draketeeth

I knew that it was very likely to fail, but I wanted to try anyway... and I confirm yet another refusal for GoN x Frill.

Thanks for compiling the list on first page! I've tried my own GoNs:

GoN x Heartseeker = Refusal

GoN x Spotted Greenwing = Greenwing egg here

Gave the Albino breeding another try and got another Albino egg:

Lineage

This makes me sad, I'd love to have an Avatar from Albino sad.gif

Friend of mine tried GoN x Purple Dorsal and got a Red Dorsal...