TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

I don't understand. What's the rush and frustration to get the eggs now? Won't they be dropping for the entire month?

And beyond. I don't quite get it either, but I'm guessing it is hard to catch them.

Every egg I was able to catch was because I clicked the rightmost egg in each biome -- I suggest trying it, made my life easier. Although I did miss quite a few (6-7) before I snagged two-three.

And guys, please remember the in-cave drop of '10 (Halloween). That was an utter /nightmare/.

Edited by Ashes The Second

People are pissed because they had no warning of the time change, the same time change has aggravated the new-release lag, AND we still don't know if we're going to have true 24-hour drops--and if we don't, this means that if they turn out to be rare or uncommon (see: Blusangs, Coppers) these first few hours will be all they have to grab them.

I'm really not surprised that so many people are angry, and being condescending about their frustrations isn't helping.

Even though the Wiki says mints, magmas, sweetlings, water walkers, and water horses are "Drakes", there's nothing in the DragCave descriptions that says they are.  So I suspect it's like Nyastara says, that when TJ says "Drake" he means what the Wiki calls "DC Drakes".

I didn't even know about Drakes vs DC Drakes before today.  Learning all the time...  smile.gif

I have been here for a while and i just barely found that out too xd.png

I am still learning so much :3

Also, these are drakes people and can only breed with there own types.

I doubt these babies will be rare, but you never know wink.gif

*sigh* no cracks on TJ's eggs either xd.png

Edited by lollipop00

At this point, I'm just tired and confused xd.png but in that case, hopefully they'll look good with each other or with the other small selection of DC Drakes? Either way I'm happy about this release and definitely grateful to TJ and the Spriters happy.gif

Fixing the DRAKES and DC-DRAKES sections on the Wiki, this hopefully will settle the confusion. wink.gif

DC Drakes are now listed as Drakes, and Drakes as DC Drakes. They are both definitions for different body types.

Edited by Nyastara

Woo! Mints have become a part of a unique group. biggrin.gif

Not to mention the others being noisy! rolleyes.gif

I am going to breed the two together and call their first offspring "This Noise Makes Me Moist" xd.png

1. I checked, my download speed is 6.1 Mbps . . . which is not totally slow.

2. I am using Firefox and Google Chrome, I did both.

3. I have been trying to catch an egg for 2 hours and I am really really failing. I caught 1 and I didn't even know I caught it.

I refresh and click on one biome (I stick with one till the eggs quit). Then I wait more than 4 minutes and do it again.

This is so crummy. Can't the eggs last longer than this?

Come ON dude, you made me wait half the day, I used up a "stay up late" pass for nothing (and I only get 2 a month). I stayed up till almost midnight, went to the computer, go ready to catch eggs . . . and no eggs. Then I went to the forum and SNAP . . . no eggs till 11 hours later. Could you please let up on us some. I don't have all day to sit here catching eggs. Can't you let them drop for longer, at least.

Epic fail dude, seriously . . .

Answer: someone was faster than you. try again!

We like new eggs. Everyone likes new eggs. Toss all of everyone who wants and likes new eggs into a pot together to get three at any one time, and you're not gonna have much success unless you have a lot faster internet than everybody else. You're in the same boat as about a thousand people - I suggest you do what I'm doing, and have a little patience.

You'll get one eventually.

Fixing the DRAKES and DC-DRAKES sections on the Wiki, this hopefully will settle the confusion. wink.gif

DC Drakes are now listed as Drakes, and Drakes as DC Drakes.

That sounds even more confusing, but I haven't seen it so I can't say much. xd.png Thanks for keeping up the Wiki! I didn't even know about the body-type of Drakes (Magmas, Mints) before today.

Whoo, egg-locked with 3 eggs of each species~

I don't get it. The quadrupedal wingless dragons are called Drakes literally everywhere - they're not unique to DC. Why would they be referred to as DC-drakes?

Also, it isn't just about fast internet, it is luck too. My computer is cheap and old, and my internet speed is well below average yet I got mine fairly quickly. Speed helps, but it isn't the only thing that matters.

Fixing the DRAKES and DC-DRAKES sections on the Wiki, this hopefully will settle the confusion. ;)

The change actually made me incredibly confused for a short moment. o-o" I feel like it was better the other way, Nyastara. D: Since the DC-Drakes are the DC-specific, specialbutt ones. Drakes are just your ordinary wingless quadruped guy.

*pokes TJ's eggs*

I got my three for each kind. smile.gif They look really cool! I'm excited. biggrin.gif

Honestly for me, it wasn't too hard to catch...I just click as fast as I can after I refresh the page.

I am going to breed the two together and call their first offspring "This Noise Makes Me Moist" xd.png

oh god, wow xd.png

Now that would be funny.

*looks closely at TJ's eggs*

start cracking >;3

Fixing the DRAKES and DC-DRAKES sections on the Wiki, this hopefully will settle the confusion. ;)

DC Drakes are now listed as Drakes, and Drakes as DC Drakes. They are both definitions for different body types.

...yeah I'm confused too. D; Why not call the DC breed "DC Drakes" and then the regular drakes "Wingless Drakes"?

Though I still wish DC drakes were officially draks, haha. So much easier.

Well sends good luck vibes to those still hunting - try and keep your spirits up you will get there. Plus these will be about more than one day and able to try another time/trade, though completely understand any frustrations.

Can not wait to see TJ's hatchies!

I'm really not surprised that so many people are angry, and being condescending about their frustrations isn't helping.

Thank you.

People are pissed because they had no warning of the time change, the same time change has aggravated the new-release lag, AND we still don't know if we're going to have true 24-hour drops--and if we don't, this means that if they turn out to be rare or uncommon (see: Blusangs, Coppers) these first few hours will be all they have to grab them.

So if they turn out to be rares, the drop will only last one day? Sorry if it's an ignorant question, I was never around before during the rare releases. smile.gif

...yeah I'm confused too. D; Why not call the DC breed "DC Drakes" and then the regular drakes "Wingless Drakes"?

Though I still wish DC drakes were officially draks, haha. So much easier.

Or even better, "Traditional Drakes" or something, since if something's a drake, by default it would be wingless. So saying "Wingless Drakes" is a little redundant. Lol XD

IF ONLY THEY WERE ONE DAY CALLED DRAKS... D: Would make everything simpler, for sure.

Yay,new eggs! Ill catch some tomorrow when the biomes are not so crowded laugh.gif

Edited by DennysCool

Yay, I've got one each now! biggrin.gif Can't decide which I like better. Reading the moist egg's description feels a bit... you know, weird. xd.png

¿¿¿Wait I am seriously so confused are these the wingless dragons or the DC "drakes" does anyone know???

Umm, the point is tat I have till 5 to catch my eggs. I've been here since 1 pm. There is no "in a few hours for me" because the weekend is over for me at 5 pm.

So . . yes, another super short drop, only 80 people there and the drop still only lasted like 20 seconds.

So less and less eggs. NOT COOL. I'll try till five and then I'll quit. And I resent losing my whole Sunday afternoon and my stay up late pass for absolutely NOTHING at all.

Hi there. You sound very frustrated. If you are unable to catch these eggs for yourself, feel free to sign up for them on one of the gifting threads.

Good luck!

-Lei

I haven't been able to catch any as of yet... It keeps saying that there are no eggs to be found... No matter which biome I click. I guess I'll just have to keep trying.

So if they turn out to be rares, the drop will only last one day? Sorry if it's an ignorant question, I was never around before during the rare releases. smile.gif

I'm not sure what exactly is meant by "a true 24 hour drop", but if dragons are rare (or clearly uncommon), typically non-release eggs start mixing into the drops much sooner. If I recall correctly, that was the case with Coppers where regular dragons started mixing in already in the 3rd hour drop.

I don't think there's been any release where eggs dropped exclusively for an entire 24 hours. I think they were always quite well mixed in among the regular breed by the time the 10th hour rolled around, slowly adjusting by their ratio as the next few days passed by.