TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

LOL!  Yeah, that's probably the release that everyone who was there will judge every other release by forever.  There's never been a release since then that, no matter how truly difficult, I haven't thought, "oh well, still better than V Day '09s". xd.png

It reminds me of when I'd complain about money when I was a kid and my grandma would tell me about how during the Depression they had to save up to buy windows because they couldn't afford to build their tiny house and add windows all at the same time!  laugh.gif

Pretty much this. Though the release that was seven dragons at one(I think it was seven) nearly topped that one, at least for me.

I think I would have more sympathy if this had been going on for more than a few hours. Complaining about it being hard when thirty minutes has not yet passed sounds a bit like being spoiled.

Edited by Nectaris

Finally caught one of the Jungle eggs biggrin.gif now I'm going to go back to trying to get one of the Coast eggs.

Good luck with catching everyone, and don't get too stressed about it. The biomes will clear up when more people get them. And if you can't get them then there's still trading and gifting.

These eggs are really pretty. I think I'd be pretty scared of the brown ones in real life though.

And...SUCCESS!!!Got three of each,since I can only have 6 eggs at a time,thus my goal has been reached!*HAPPY Kermy Flail* wub.gif

-------

As for me I think I'm gonna stop for awhile ._. No luck whatsoever and the lag is real intense (esp because I'm trying to hatch up an egg so I'll have another slot). But if anyone has an egg or two to give away~ I wouldn't mind taking when it's cooled down~. If you're out of teleports I got some, so~...

I have 3 "Moist" eggs. I'll give you one after they cooldown, if you still need one.

Yay for more drakes, nay for different time of release.

Got 4 new eggs so I can't say it was a disaster tongue.gif The experience of being online when the release starts was slightly terrifying. I hope next month everything will be back how it was.

I filled up all my egg slots in less than a minute, so I don't get what this "hard" other people are talking about is.

I remember "hard" as '09 Valentines. :U

Some people have really really slow internet connections but yeah I just don't get it.

I mean I don't want to think this but honestly I feel like at least some of them are whining just because they can't fill their 7 slots in five minutes

I filled up all my egg slots in less than a minute, so I don't get what this "hard" other people are talking about is.

I remember "hard" as '09 Valentines. :U

Oh god the 09 Valentines... Those were impossible. xd.png

YES! Caught two of each kind... thanks TJ.

I am excited to see what these hatch into! laugh.gif

I got a brown one at last! biggrin.gif *hugs it* Missed one with "WHY" in its code, too, which was quite appropriate to my state of mind at the time. tongue.gif

Edit: And then, of course, I end up with one more than I wanted! rolleyes.gif Will gift the spare once it's off cooldown.

Edited by Cendaquenta

Caught three myself and my friend caught me five. She doesn't play DC that much anymore so she said she will give all of hers to me. I'm so happy! smile.gif

So, are these permanent? I hope they're not too rare. smile.gif

Some people have really really slow internet connections but yeah I just don't get it.

I mean I don't want to think this but honestly I feel like at least some of them are whining just because they can't fill their 7 slots in five minutes

try 2 hrs, no eggs

this isn't greed on my part. some of us don't have the best computers or the fanciest connections.

Edited by lilch

Woo! Caught my second set - now I have a pair of each. ^-^ I don't know why people are having such a hard time, but best of luck to those who've yet to catch any!

I have two of the 'noisy' eggs, i have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to be beautiful based on the egg...

The striped ones seem more rare, so i'm going to catch three of those(i only have 5 egg slots open for the next 8 hours)

I got a brown one at last! biggrin.gif *hugs it* Missed one with "WHY" in its code, too, which was quite appropriate to my state of mind at the time. tongue.gif

I missed a brown one with a slightly inappropriate code which is kind of what I wanted to say to everyone else. lol

I'm trying the 5 min drops so I can watch NASCAR from the start with full concentration on it. Looks like it won't because I still need the two MOIST ones.

ooh, new drakes.

Whew, took me almost 2 hours but I'm finally locked. That was tough. blink.gif But maybe I've become soft, after all of those easy to catch releases. tongue.gif

Good luck to everyone still hunting, and thanks TJ and spriters!

Pretty much this.  Though the release that was seven dragons at one(I think it was seven) nearly topped that one, at least for me.

I think I would have more sympathy if this had been going on for more than a few hours.  Complaining about it being hard when thirty minutes has not yet passed sounds a bit like being spoiled.

I've looked back at past release threads during other new drops, and it really does seem to me that after an hour or two the cave adjusts some so that the eggs flow better. It's not just some people getting theirs and moving on, it really does strike me as a drop adjustment that's almost trackable through people posts about how the cave is reacting. That's why I don't see the point in panicking until at least an hour goes by. I mean, I understand the urge, but it really seems to be unnecessary anxiety for most players, and I hate to see folks get wrung out like that when they'll probably be able to get some in an hour or so.

Am I the only one who thinks that the light brown patch on the noisy egg looks a little like a dragon? Like, the big part is the wing, and to the right of it is the 'body'.

Finally got two of each type, but thanks to my other eggs I'm locked for now. That was exhausting but I like the new time. Much more pleasant for me.

And suddenly CATCHING LUCK o__o Got two Coastals right at the beginning of the last drop! Now back to the Jungle and lock myself with another brown one. ^__^

Edit: Locked! The hourly drop is yours. tongue.gif

Edited by The_Imago

Oh wow I didn't even notice the new eggs are going to be drakes! That's pretty awesome.

I am a little disappointed though. I saw the eggs and thought these dragons might do well with other blue dragons (the moist egg) or the ember dragons (the noisy egg). Hopefully they'll look cool together because I'm not really that fond of the other drake dragons enough to want to breed them.