TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

I think it's going to be really hard to think of appropriate names for the moist drakes . The word just sounds so...wrong. Haha. xd.png

I wish TJ's eggs would at least start the cracking sequence...

Haha! I have decide to call all of my coast dragons, bred or otherwise, "The Moist ..." laugh.gif

Let every scroll visitor feel the discomfort!

When TJ announces Drakes, he actually means DC-Drakes. wink.gif

Definition of Drake

Dragon Cave: Ochredrake, Day/Night Glory Drake (Wiki referres to them as DC-Drakes) see here: Dragon Sub-Types

Wiki: Wingless, quadrupedal dragons like: Magma

At this point, I'm just tired and confused xd.png but in that case, hopefully they'll look good with each other or with the other small selection of DC Drakes? Either way I'm happy about this release and definitely grateful to TJ and the Spriters happy.gif

At this point, I'm just tired and confused xd.png but in that case, hopefully they'll look good with each other or with the other small selection of DC Drakes? Either way I'm happy about this release and definitely grateful to TJ and the Spriters happy.gif

Yeah the eggs are gorgeous so I'm hoping to have couple new cool drakes to maybe actually plan a Drake lineage now. It's not as much fun to make a lineage with just two drakes as options.

Aquamyrine

Not likely, if they're like last time, they'll be scalping first day eggs for everything they can get.

I'm talking about in the threads that give away eggs. It's happened in every single release I can remember. That's the entire year.

Mints and Magmas are drakes ?  :blink:

Well anyway - I hope these are DC drakes as we need new lineage blood there.

A traditional drake is a quadrupedal dragon that is wingless.

Thus that makes dragons such as Mints or Magmas traditional drakes. C:

DC "Drakes" (or "Draks") are dragons such as Ochredrakes and Day/Night Glories that have wings with one wing finger and the membrane extends down the tail. They also have features like antlers, etc.

Hopefully that clears things up a little? x'D

Edited by birdzgoboom

I think at this point it would be safe to say you ought to take a break and come back in a few hours.

Umm, the point is tat I have till 5 to catch my eggs. I've been here since 1 pm. There is no "in a few hours for me" because the weekend is over for me at 5 pm.

So . . yes, another super short drop, only 80 people there and the drop still only lasted like 20 seconds.

So less and less eggs. NOT COOL. I'll try till five and then I'll quit. And I resent losing my whole Sunday afternoon and my stay up late pass for absolutely NOTHING at all.

It's not like the eggs are going to vanish off the face of the planet when the new release drop ends.

dry.gif

Well when I finally got to grabbing them, the drops seem OK. Can't get everything I want in one go, but did get a couple, which is pretty good for a non-hourly drop.

The eggs are beautiful and the descriptions an excellent tease; I'm really looking forward to hatching these! Thank you TJ and the spriters!

People need to take a chill pill but anyways

when will i see a crack on TJ's eggs ? I wish for them to hatch xd.png

Ah phew, that was much better than I was expecting-- I was able to pick up two of each at the first 5-minute drop I tried. Thanks, TJ, and best of luck to those still hunting!

Holy crap is it hard to get eggs... Trying 3 hours now without getting anywhere near an egg. Think I really like midnight releases much better. Especially since I don't have time to be up late tonight. -.-

Umm, the point is tat I have till 5 to catch my eggs. I've been here since 1 pm. There is no "in a few hours for me" because the weekend is over for me at 5 pm.

So . . yes, another super short drop, only 80 people there and the drop still only lasted like 20 seconds.

So less and less eggs. NOT COOL. I'll try till five and then I'll quit. And I resent losing my whole Sunday afternoon and my stay up late pass for absolutely NOTHING at all.

Remember, you make your own choices. You don't have to waste your Sunday; the eggs will always be there. Go play a game, read a book, go outside, whatever. If this game doesn't make you happy right now, the only person making you play it is you.

Umm, the point is tat I have till 5 to catch my eggs.  I've been here since 1 pm.  There is no "in a few hours for me" because the weekend is over for me at 5 pm. 

So . .  yes, another super short drop, only 80 people there and the drop still only lasted like 20 seconds. 

So less and less eggs.  NOT COOL.  I'll try till five and then I'll quit.  And I resent losing my whole Sunday afternoon and my stay up late pass for absolutely NOTHING at all.

If you can't handle the drop, then calm down and wait it out. This was a very easy drop, and I'm sure that complaining will get you nowhere. Try finding something to trade for the eggs when scalpers shove off and move on to their golds and silvers, hm?

It does no one any good to complain about sitting for five hours when it wasn't necessary -- you took the /choice/ to do that, and you should take the /choice/ to wait until a new day comes and try to get the new release then. I'm sure after-school is a fine time to go on DC, once your homework is done. Stalk the forums, find a niche breed, check threads, etc. But whining doesn't make anyone want to gift you anything, which is what I'm guessing your motive is.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Thus that makes dragons such as Mints or Magmas traditional drakes. C:

Woo! Mints have become a part of a unique group. biggrin.gif

I think it's going to be really hard to think of appropriate names for the moist drakes . The word just sounds so...wrong. Haha.  xd.png

I wish TJ's eggs would at least start the cracking sequence...

Not to mention the others being noisy! rolleyes.gif

I was able to get 2 of the jungle ones at the hourly drop hoping i can get 2 of the coast and be done >.< good luck everyone this has been frustrating :/

Guys, you realize these eggs are gonna be in the cave forever right? Unlike a Holiday dragon they are not a limited edition. If you can't catch em today, you can catch them later. No use crying over the release. Also because they are not a limited edition dragon they immediately start to circulate themselves into the population ratios according to their set rarity. On top of that, there are no limits to how many people can have, save their eggslot limits. Holiday releases tend to go better because you can't pick up more than two, save Halloweens. These eggs will drop very often in their respective biomes over the next few weeks. You just need a LITTLE patience to look for them. No need to get upset because the drops are short, look at the facts and understand why.

If this game was easy-peasy it would be boring. xd.png

I don't understand. What's the rush and frustration to get the eggs now? Won't they be dropping for the entire month?

Yay! First time I have been able to catch eggs when they have been released.

Thanks TJ smile.gif

Got one of each.

Even though the Wiki says mints, magmas, sweetlings, water walkers, and water horses are "Drakes", there's nothing in the DragCave descriptions that says they are. So I suspect it's like Nyastara says, that when TJ says "Drake" he means what the Wiki calls "DC Drakes".

I didn't even know about Drakes vs DC Drakes before today. Learning all the time... smile.gif

Guys, you realize these eggs are gonna be in the cave forever right? Unlike a Holiday dragon they are not a limited edition. If you can't catch em today, you can catch them later. No use crying over the release. Also because they are not a limited edition dragon they immediately start to circulate themselves into the population ratios according to their set rarity. On top of that, there are no limits to how many people can have, save their eggslot limits. Holiday releases tend to go better because you can't pick up more than two, save Halloweens. These eggs will drop very often in their respective biomes over the next few weeks. You just need a LITTLE patience to look for them. No need to get upset because the drops are short, look at the facts and understand why.

If this game was easy-peasy it would be boring. xd.png

A+ for positivity!

Well, not just the entire month, the entire forever. I dunno, I'm steering clear of the atmosphere of consternation.

Just got two of the brown ones, now I have 2 of each breed. Good luck to the rest of you, I suppose.

Also. because these are drakes they're probably going to become less desirable relatively quickly so they'll be easy to find way sooner than, say, Coppers, even if they have a similar base rarity.

I don't understand. What's the rush and frustration to get the eggs now? Won't they be dropping for the entire month?

They will be dropping forever. And a thing to keep in mind is that this used to be the norm for drops. Actually, they used to be even harder.