TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

Oh, nice! I'm glad they are drakes!

Hope the drop works like the Brutes did so I can manage to catch some babies tomorrow ^^.

Thank you TJ!

Thank you spriters! smile.gif

Ya know, I'm actually pretty good at catching eggs.

Here's my scroll

http://dragcave.net/user/DragonWavey

Proof . . . I don't have any new ones. I have space for two. I THOUGHT I'd caught one, the page TOLD me that I did, but it was a LIE.

Sucktastic time I'm having here, btw.

And NO, I don't want to TRADE rares for a new cave drop. And YES, I think TJ is being stingy and mean and he's enjoying MY ANNOYANCE. He's a bully.

------------

P.S. somebody actually P.Med me and said they'd trade me a new egg for my Blusang and my 5th gen Tinsel. Well no stinking way. I get screwed out of last night's drop. I get screwed by the pirates)

Edited by DragonWavey

Here's my scroll

Proof . . . I don't have any new ones. I have space for two. I THOUGHT I'd caught one, the page TOLD me that I did, but it was a LIE.

And NO, I don't want to TRADE rares for a new cave drop. And YES, I think TJ is being stingy and mean and he's enjoying MY ANNOYANCE. He's a bully.

Lol'd. Let me guess, first release?

Sigh, another 5Min drop with 100 People in Coast, another 13 tabs open before the eggs stopped dropping again, zero damp eggies.

I'm determined! I WILL CATCH AT LEAST SOME

Just double checked and it's the DC Drakes that can only breed with other DC Drakes, but since the post says these are just Drakes, they're like the Mint and Magma dragon, they can breed with anything happy.gif so unless they turn out to be DC Drakes the pretty Blusang pairing can happen xd.png

I'm pretty sure Mint and Magmas are not Drakes

Aquamyrine

Here's my scroll

I'm pretty sure TJ isn't sitting at his desk, wringing his hands in glee that there are users having trouble catching eggs. He's not a super villain and he's not doing this to bully anyone.

No one's making you trade eggs either.

I'm pretty sure Mint and Magmas are not Drakes

Aquamyrine

Edit: woah, way too massive, old on, resizing that image xd.png

Double edit: Here we are, too small, but you can see it still lol

user posted image

So yeah, these can breed with anything, not just other Drakes since they are not DC Drakes *confetti* Yay! happy.gif

Edited by Sarxh

Here's my scroll

I don't understand how TJ is a "bully" for trying something new and I'm fairly certain he's not "being stingy and mean" and "enjoying your annoyance." He clearly went out of his way to get up early (in his timezone) this morning and try out a new release schedule.

Be patient. You'll eventually get your eggs. It's not like they're going to be here one day and disappear forever.

Other than that... to those of you struggling to get your eggs, good luck! There are less and less people in the biomes each drop, so I know you'll get your fill of them sooner or later (for your sake let's hope "sooner")!

Riiiight, so I can give away my hard caught Blusang to somebody for a new egg.

You don't even SHOW us your scroll.

I never said you have to give away other uncommons/rares for them. Neither did I say I wasn't able to catch any. But what I AM saying is that I didn't pull my hair out in the first couple of hours when I couldn't catch anything.

Was I frustrated? Yes. I don't like it when I have to click on a near 100 eggs and get none of them. But I didn't go blaming anyone, be it the crowds or the new drop schedule, for those results. I simply went away for an hour and came back refreshed.

Whether I caught eggs or not is irrelevant, because either way I will end up trading to get the rest of the 4 pairs. Unless they become super-common, but there's really no way of knowing if that will be the case at this point.

If you're patient, they WILL become easier to catch. If you're patient, you can come back to collecting them after as much as a week or even longer, once the new release craze is over. I've been doing that on and off for the past year and have had no problems with attaining my wanted 4 pairs of each breed, the only exception being Coppers. You don't need the ability to catch super-rares or very uncommon dragons to get ones you want. Nice-lineages uncommons, neat prizes, BSA hatchlings can all get you at least one egg if the demand doesn't stay so high as for the Coppers. And these dragons will not be as demanded as the Coppers.

Here's my scroll

Proof . . . I don't have any new ones.  I have space for two.   I THOUGHT I'd caught one, the page TOLD me that I did, but it was a LIE.

And NO, I don't want to TRADE rares for a new cave drop.   And YES, I think TJ is being stingy and mean and he's enjoying MY ANNOYANCE.  He's a bully.

------------

P.S. somebody actually P.Med me and said they'd trade me a new egg for my Blusang and my 5th gen Tinsel.  Well no stinking way.   I get screwed out of last night's drop. I get screwed by the pirates)

I'm pretty sure he did the release at this time to be fair to everyone, so I don't think he's bullying you or anyone else. And there will be plenty of people giving these things away for free in the next few days.

Edited by alupe99a

Hmm....How do people know they're drakes? From remembering them on the Completed List who-knows-how-long ago?

And the drops have less people and are shorter, this one lasted less than 30 seconds.

Well . . . do you really think it was NICE to put us off for 11 hours? Do you really think it's NICE that the eggs drop for 30 seconds every 5 minutes?

Ive been sitting in this chair for 3.5 hours now, every five minutes, refreshing and clicking like crazy. And I DON'T believe I'll get my eggs because I have to leave the house at freaking 5 oclock to go to church. Then I get to come home and go to bed.

So NO, I probably won't get my eggs. I coulda stayed up as late as I wanted last night, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I think it's going to be really hard to think of appropriate names for the moist drakes . The word just sounds so...wrong. Haha. xd.png

I wish TJ's eggs would at least start the cracking sequence...

Hmm....How do people know they're drakes? From remembering them on the Completed List who-knows-how-long ago?

I think it says so on the first page. I think. Perhaps. Maybe.

Hmmm, but that would be hard to confirm wouldn't it.

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

I'm pretty sure he did the release at this time to be fair to everyone, so I don't think he's bullying you or anyone else. And there will be plenty of people giving these things away for free in the next few days.

Not likely, if they're like last time, they'll be scalping first day eggs for everything they can get.

Just double checked and it's the DC Drakes that can only breed with other DC Drakes, but since the post says these are just Drakes, they're like the Mint and Magma dragon, they can breed with anything happy.gif so unless they turn out to be DC Drakes the pretty Blusang pairing can happen xd.png

When TJ announces Drakes, he actually means DC-Drakes. wink.gif

Definition of Drake

Dragon Cave: Ochredrake, Day/Night Glory Drake (Wiki referres to them as DC-Drakes) see here: Dragon Sub-Types

Wiki: Wingless, quadrupedal dragons like: Magma

[EDIT]: I will fix the Drakes and DC-Drakes section since it again seems to cause confusion... wink.gif

Edited by Nyastara

And the drops have less people and are shorter, this one lasted less than 30 seconds.

Well . . . do you really think it was NICE to put us off for 11 hours? Do you really think it's NICE that the eggs drop for 30 seconds every 5 minutes?

Ive been sitting in this chair for 3.5 hours now, every five minutes, refreshing and clicking like crazy. And I DON'T believe I'll get my eggs because I have to leave the house at freaking 5 oclock to go to church. Then I get to come home and go to bed.

So NO, I probably won't get my eggs. I coulda stayed up as late as I wanted last night, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I think at this point it would be safe to say you ought to take a break and come back in a few hours.

Just grabbed two of the moist ones at the last 5-minute drop, and my internet is not that fast... dropped all of my eggs for trade for these guys, haha.

Anyway, I woke up late. Glad to see that regular eggs aren't dropping yet.

On TJ's post, right at the beginning of the thread biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edit: woah, way too massive xd.png Hold on, resizing that image xd.png

Double edit: Here we are, too small, but you can see it still lol

user posted image

I am pretty sure that is referring to the species of dragon which the image was modeled after, not the way the species is categorized on drag cave. Generally when TJ announces a new drake it is a "DC" Drake as you call it because when the magmas were released they were not announced as Drakes.

I can see where you got that idea from though and I guess we'll have to wait and see but last time I remember TJ announcing a Drake release it was for an actual drake (as in breedable only with other drakes). Of course I don't know what these breeds will be for sure but I think that because he said they are drakes that they will be breedable only with other drakes (Day/Night Glory and Ochredrakes) otherwise what's the point in saying they are drakes.

Aquamyrine

Try sitting in that chair for 12 hours and come back and complain. These drops are a lot easier than THEY used to be.

I remember the Vampire drop of '10. I sat for hours upon hours trying to get eggs and I got got two before the drop ended.

Sure, it would've been nice for him to say when the drop was but there's no need to get yourself in a twist over it.

dry.gif

Mints and Magmas are drakes ? blink.gif

Well anyway - I hope these are DC drakes as we need new lineage blood there.

The caves are empty ._. I came from church....I don't think I'll be able to get any eggs:(

Edited by raykawolf

I forgot about the release! I'll grab some once I unlock. The eggs look beautiful, I can't wait to see what they hatch into.