TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

Um . . .don't you feel the LEAST bit tricked?

Usually we have 24 hours to catch first day eggs. Doesn't it seem stingy that we will only have from 1pm to midnight for first day eggs.

My only chance of EVER owning a CB gold is to get eggs on the first day and trade them.

And, btw . . . evidently someone DID read my post about the egg I was supposed to have and took a picture of . . . because the egg was restored to my scroll, so thanks for that small thing. I at least now have one of the noisy ones.

Well, 40 minutes left and I have to be done for the day.

Once again, Epic fail TJ, absolute epic fail. You cut down our time, don't tell us anything bout how long the eggs are going to drop, you leave let us show up at midnight and say . . . come back tomorrow afternoon. Then the eggs drop for like 30 seconds at a time.

So yeah, Im upset and I don't think I'm the only one. Patience is over rated, it looks like the only patient ones are the ones that have their eggs.

I don't really see the point in being upset? Lol. It's a GAME. A GAME. Sure, it's important to me. Sure, I love DC. But it's not the end of the world if you don't get a silly pixel egg.

If I get annoyed or frustrated with a game, I go do something else. These guys will be here forever; no doubt you'll get one soon. (:

(and haha. I waited for a long time to get a CB Gold. you'll get one! just stick with it.)

I'm pretty sure TJ mentioned nothing about this release being any different than any other normal dragon release, except that it began at midday instead of midnight. By that logic, I don't see why you would have less time than any other normal release in which to catch your eggs.

Seriously, though, calm down. This was not a fail, this was an experiment, and by the chatter in the thread people are making exactly the same comments they always make and merely attributing their current and monthly frustrations to a change in schedule.

The world doesn't end if you don't get a new egg on the first day. There are some dragons whose releases I witnessed that I still do not own, and I am not barking at the unfairness of it all.

BECAUSE the eggs that are dated the first day are WORTH FAR FAR MORE to the people that have all the CB tinsels and the Alt Sweetlings and the Older holiday dragons . . . to the people that will maybe, if I really really offer them all the first day dragons might give me one of the Red offspring from an Alt sweetling that I've been trying to get for a YEAR.

Or maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to trade the first day eggs for a CB Gold . . . though there's not much hope of that. The only chance of getting a CB gold is to either already HAVE a CB tinsel or to manage to magically get them . . . Still don't get how the same people get all the CB golds.

And now we have only 11 hours instead of 24 hours to catch those eggs with the first day dates on them.

Do you GET IT NOW?

I have really enjoyed this egg drop! Having it start at midday made it more challenging to grab the new eggs (though that might be explained by my using slower internet than usual and initially trying to grab on my tablet), which made it more rewarding once I egg locked.

Thanks a lot, TJ and new dragon spriters! I'm excited to see what my squeakers and slimers hatch into.

Edited by boogietimez

We usually only get like 7 hours or so of solid drops if the egg is common, MUCH less if it's a rare. Last month was the only time we've gotten a solid 24 hour drop besides holidays right? What are you talking about?

I think they are saying that they go to school so will not have the same amount of time to hunt as they would have.

Nyastara, might I suggest changing the category with Magmas, Mints, etc. in it to something like "Traditional Drakes?" c: I believe that would clear things up better than swapping DC-Drake and Drake sections around.

So you could have "Traditional Drakes," Magmas/Mints/Etc, and "DC-Drakes," Ochredrakes/Day&Night Glories/etc.

Good idea thank you bridzgoboom. smile.gif *wanders off to fix the Wiki*

BECAUSE the eggs that are dated the first day are WORTH FAR FAR MORE to the people that have all the CB tinsels and the Alt Sweetlings and the Older holiday dragons . . . to the people that will maybe, if I really really offer them all the first day dragons might give me one of the Red offspring from an Alt sweetling that I've been trying to get for a YEAR.

Or maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to trade the first day eggs for a CB Gold . . . though there's not much hope of that. The only chance of getting a CB gold is to either already HAVE a CB tinsel or to manage to magically get them . . . Still don't get how the same people get all the CB golds.

And now we have only 11 hours instead of 24 hours to catch those eggs with the first day dates on them.

Do you GET IT NOW?

Hiya

TJ has not mentioned anything about a shorter time for the releases, the time of the release has changed but as far as he has indicated (unless chat going on IRC indicates otherwise) this is just the release happening later. There don't appear to be any other changes?

Also it is nice to claim you had eggs day of release but not all of us value them higher than any other times, especially commons. Good thing you have managed to catch one though right?

Oh god the 09 Valentines... Those were impossible. xd.png

Yesss.... that Valentine was the only time I had to ask for help catching an egg - and I've been a member since Dec 2008!

This is the first I'm hearing that people value 'date-of-release' dragons over other dragons. O.o That seems silly.

Then again I don't trade that often because I doubt I can produce anything good enough. I know I wouldn't care about the day of release. As long as I have the dragon it's all good in my eyes!

How about just "Wingless Dragons"

Because not all wingless dragons are traditional drakes. Easterns are also (generally) portrayed wingless, but that doesn't make them drakes.

Also: No problem, Nyastara. C: Hopefully it helps people understand the difference!

Do you GET IT NOW?

... eggs caught on the first day are worth more??? Since when has this been true. There's very few, if any that value eggs with specific dates any more than an egg with a different date of the same breed.

The only time I can see this being somewhat true is for holidays caught on their respective holiday day.

I got my new eggs in lightning speed.

Whine less, hunt more.

Better words have not been said. I've got one each within 15 minutes of logging in. biggrin.gif

Don't feed the trolls, guys.

Yes, but even Nihostrifes (which are still incredibly common) began mixing by noon. Last time was a sweet 24 hours of pure new release.

Judging by the last 4 hours, I'm guessing this release will follow a similar pattern to the March release, seeing as how the other biomes are still empty. I see now what you mean by the 24-hour drop and this one possible not lasting that long though. Were you there near the end of the 24 hours? I'm curious to know if the drops kept getting smaller as time went on.

Speaking of Nihostrifes, I had a rather hard time getting them the last few weeks for commons. (I'm not saying they're not commons, just pointing out an unusual experience).

Thread Warning:

Please make your points/opinions without insulting and calling others names or being rude.

Edited by rubyshoes

This is the first I'm hearing that people value 'date-of-release' dragons over other dragons. O.o That seems silly.

Then again I don't trade that often because I doubt I can produce anything good enough. I know I wouldn't care about the day of release. As long as I have the dragon it's all good in my eyes!

I've never heard of people considering dates in trading unless it was for a specific lineage that that one person was working on

Took about the same time as it did for me to get them normally. Count me as someone indifferent to it. Least I'm not rushing home from work to try and get them before bed on Saturday night.

Do you GET IT NOW?

Ah, you see, the eggs dated on the first day are not, in fact, "WORTH FAR FAR MORE to the people that have all the [good stuff]."

Some people have goals to catch everything on the release date as soon as possible, while others just collect them all. CB Golds are pretty dang hard to get your hands on for some people, but not for all. After all, it took me about 3 years to get my first CB Gold.

Oh, I remember the earlier releases. The eggs mixed in so fast, and the hourly drops didn't seem to have enough for even 30 people.

Do you GET IT NOW?

huh.gif are you ok there person sounds like you expected to be handed the eggs on a silver platter.

you remembered to click, right? they won't go on your scroll if you stare at them and then go on the forums to complain. i wish it was that complicated. oh, wait, i don't. too much effort.

I've never heard of people considering dates in trading unless it was for a specific lineage that that one person was working on

Ah I thought so. Normally I've at least heard of the kinds of trades users are making. I'd never heard of anything like that before now so I was pretty surprised! o.o

Wow I'm actually online for once when there's a new release...usually I don't notice til a day or two after xd.png. *goes to get 4*

Edit: The person that mentioned eggs being more valuable on their release date- they may be going by seeing people advertising in trades "CAUGHT ON RELEASE DATE"...thinking that those people are getting epic trades for those...but highly doubt they are.

btw: I really like this release time!

Edited by Pikabubba

Better words have not been said. I've got one each within 15 minutes of logging in. biggrin.gif

Don't feed the trolls, guys.

Yes, listen to Kasumi's Wise words

Let us not feed the troll.

I think i will become 1000 years old just waiting for TJ's eggs to hatch xd.png. Wait not even hatch, to even start to crack.

Altogether with the eggs my friend caught for me I now have four of both kinds. Now to let my sister do her hunting. smile.gif

Thread Warning:

Please make your points/opinions without insulting and calling others names or being rude.

Quoted since it ended up being on the last page and many missed it.