TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

Ah I thought so. Normally I've at least heard of the kinds of trades users are making. I'd never heard of anything like that before now so I was pretty surprised! o.o

yeah idk what they were thinking that was pretty out of left field

-eta: actually I think some people prefer the eggs from the first day just because they hatch earlier and they'll get a chance to see the hatchlings and name them sooner but at most they'd probably just eggswap and maybe throw in a hatchling of some sort as a trade

Edited by Oasis

Goodness that blue egg is almost hypnotic. I wish I could just save a blue egg forever. I certainly hope the adult has just as much blue in it! If it does it might just become my favorite Drake and I'll just collect so many of them someday! wub.gif

Yes, listen to Kasumi's Wise words

Let us not feed the troll.

I think i will become 1000 years old just waiting for TJ's eggs to hatch xd.png. Wait not even hatch, to even start to crack.

The eggs have like over 2k Unique Views, too impatient to wait for 3k. X3

What time does TJ usually let them hatch?

... eggs caught on the first day are worth more??? Since when has this been true. There's very few, if any that value eggs with specific dates any more than an egg with a different date of the same breed.

The only time I can see this being somewhat true is for holidays caught on their respective holiday day.

Certain dates seem to hold value (ie: holidays and 1st day seasonal releases, birthdays etc)?

Wow Tj's eggs are being stubborn lol, can't wait for the spriters to unveil themselves and the s1 hatchies!

Still no eggs. o_o;

I'm gonna wait until it dies down before I try again.

The eggs look gorgeous, although why aren't they hatching? O_o;

Edited by MysticTiger

user posted image

Welcome to my fun afternoon. Gotta go now.

And yes, I know to click.

Edited by DragonWavey

Oh my, I just traded the eggs I caught on the release date for three CB Golds! ... Just kidding, they aren't worth any more than ones caught at any other time. I have never seen anyone in trades offering loads for one caught on release day.

This is the first time I have had the opportunity to do this on the release day.

Thanks so much for that, TJ.

Still having fun trying to catch the second coast egg that is being ever so elusive.

Usually a few hours after the release, I am not sure how many. I wouldn't be surprised if they start cracking after the next hourly or the one after that, though I could easily be wrong.

Edited by Nectaris

Judging by the last 4 hours, I'm guessing this release will follow a similar pattern to the March release, seeing as how the other biomes are still empty. I see now what you mean by the 24-hour drop and this one possible not lasting that long though. Were you there near the end of the 24 hours? I'm curious to know if the drops kept getting smaller as time went on.

Speaking of Nihostrifes, I had a rather hard time getting them the last few weeks for commons. (I'm not saying they're not commons, just pointing out an unusual experience).

I see them all the time when I browse the biomes and they dominate my breedings; I'd assume that they're just very popular unless the pattern holds. Reasonable, as it's a very nice sprite.

I was there ~8PM DC Time, and they were dropping as usual.

Edited by Guillotine

I've never heard of people considering dates in trading unless it was for a specific lineage that that one person was working on

I have. Every new release there are a few people who like to trade bred eggs for hatchlings from the release day. I don't know if they care about the date itself, or just want dragons that will mature as soon as possible. You'll never get a CB gold that way though, LOL!

What? I'm sorry, I can't hear you... smile.gif

Oh gosh now I'm just picturing the eggs screaming. xd.png

The eggs have like over 2k Unique Views, too impatient to wait for 3k. X3

Yes, very impatient xd.png. Been here since 1, refreshing the pages waiting for them to hatch. Cannot wait to see them!

BECAUSE the eggs that are dated the first day are WORTH FAR FAR MORE to the people that have all the CB tinsels and the Alt Sweetlings and the Older holiday dragons . . . to the people that will maybe, if I really really offer them all the first day dragons might give me one of the Red offspring from an Alt sweetling that I've been trying to get for a YEAR.

Or maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to trade the first day eggs for a CB Gold . . . though there's not much hope of that.  The only chance of getting a CB gold is to either already HAVE a CB tinsel or to manage to magically get them . . . Still don't get how the same people get all the CB golds. 

And now we have only 11 hours instead of 24 hours to catch those eggs with the first day dates on them. 

Do you GET IT NOW?

You know, first off, I seriously doubt anyone with a CB prize is going to trade an egg for a few probably common new release eggs just because of the date. And anyone who trades a Cb gold for a new release egg that is very likely to be common is a sucker of the first rank. Just my opinion, of course, but if anyone with a CB prize wants to jump in and correct me, please do.

As far as eggs from alt sweetlings...I have had several people breed them for me. I asked nicely and offered something in return. I can't think of one of them who asked for anything. There may be a waiting list, but sometimes patience is rewarded.

Edited by ainisarie

I have 3 eggs from the jungle and 4 from the coast. Not bad still able to catch with no problems.

I do hope the eggs will be released exclusively in their biomes like what happened in March. Last month was my first experience with release dragons so I thought it was the norm. ^^; I still lack one more moist egg.

I have two noisy eggs.

Zero of the stripey Coast eggs. Zip. Nada. =3=

I have a feeling in about 1 hour from now, people who can't catch the new release eggs go to the Departure thread for a special surprise from some people.

*cough*I-would-but-the-eggs-I-have-are-for-a-friend*cough*

Looks like TJ's eggs are finally starting to crack!

Edited by Nectaris

Ah I thought so. Normally I've at least heard of the kinds of trades users are making. I'd never heard of anything like that before now so I was pretty surprised! o.o

Actually there was a comment last night from a player who targets release date eggs, so it is a possible trade value for some. I know that I prefer to have eggs from the release date because I like the reminder of when they came out. It's just a different way people play.

I don't see any eggs in any biome.

What happened?

The new eggs are the only ones dropping at the moment. They drop in their biomes at the top of the hour and at every 5 minutes. But in between that, the biomes are empty because the new eggs got picked up and no other ones are being created at the moment. It's normal.