TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

You are terrible, I think my brain died a little reading this. xd.png

Yeah, this has behaved like a normal release for me, and I got here 2-3 hours after the initial drop.

Really, I find that my time was a little easier this time around where I accidentally locked myself with 7 eggs from the Coast. I hope I can catch the browns once I unlock in about 3 hours. Urgh.

On a more safer topic, what's the difference between Drakes and DC Drakes? I thought they were synonymous.

Drakes of traditional lore are simply draconic beasts with four limbs and no wings.

DC-Drakes, aka Draks, are a creature invented by Dovealove specifically in the context of DC. *too lazy to describe*

LOL! I now have a second name for offspring of the noisy x moist pair, all hail "The Moist Screamer"! xd.png

ETA: I think I'll be seeing that image in my dreams tonight. It's really the spectacle laugh.gif

We should make a concept for a new hybrid: Noisy x Whiptail - the egg will scream and shake!

Would have loved a Noisy x Hellhorse, since those shake violently, but they're already hybrids, so maybe making the sprite also look nice with a Hellhorse and then maybe we can get an active screaming egg from a Thuwed pair in the future :3

Yeas I'm going way to far into my fantasies

uncomfortable

x_x Four hours of trying and I've caught zilch. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I'm really not liking this release so far... >_<

Before I get too upset, I'm going to take a break, and maybe I'll be able to catch one later. If all else fails, I'll check the trading threads tomorrow and hope people aren't asking for exorbitant things like Shimmers or CB Metals for these new eggs.

Okay, caught one stripey Coast egg.

Screeched and got a frightened look from my girlfriend. xd.png

The only chance of getting a CB gold is to either already HAVE a CB tinsel or to manage to magically get them . . . Still don't get how the same people get all the CB golds.

That's not true actually. I've never caught one, but I have three that were simply gifted to me out of the blue.

But noisy posts aren't likely to make those kind people want to gift....

The same people get them because they are determined clickers. Simples.

Do calm down, please.

Before I get too upset, I'm going to take a break, and maybe I'll be able to catch one later.

At least you've got the right idea there. smile.gif

Finally my stubborn persistence paid off, and I got my second moist egg.

Good luck guys, and most importantly: have fun!

Even with slow internet I was able to get them.

I hope many more people are as lucky as I was smile.gif

Wow, the new eggs look beautiful!

I especially love the coast one- so pretty. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I've gotten one coast and one jungle for now. I want more coast eggs, though. I bet the bluna x coast will look cool.

Edited by Abigailjp123

You are terrible, I think my brain died a little reading this. xd.png

This was my goal, all along. Ever since I saw the egg description I just knew their pairings could achieve greatness and destroy the minds of others. Mwahahahaha!

People are pissed because they had no warning of the time change, the same time change has aggravated the new-release lag, AND we still don't know if we're going to have true 24-hour drops--and if we don't, this means that if they turn out to be rare or uncommon (see: Blusangs, Coppers) these first few hours will be all they have to grab them.

I'm really not surprised that so many people are angry, and being condescending about their frustrations isn't helping.

Actually the lag for me was MUCH less than last month's midnight drop.

Just saying. Last month it just - hung. And hung and hung. And even hung !

AND as I recall the cave fell over a couple of times as well.

Yay! Got my four new eggs fairly easily, though that's to be expected I suppose, it's been a while since the first drop.

Thanks for the awesome, new release, TJ and all artists involved happy.gif

Good luck, everyone!

Pretty eggs!!

I can finally begin hunting for these beauties - hope they're not TOO hard to catch. smile.gif

Tried to catch some in the first few minutes. Gave up, had dinner, watched a movie, came back... now I'm properly egg-locked with some of each breed. ^^

It was interesting to note the difference between early morning release and evening release.

But I think I could get used to it...

Now to see what these lovelies will look like as hatchies and adults.

Thank you for two new dragons! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I know what I'm gonna name the first moist egg that cracks, oh man!

edit; I got a dragon to placeholder it, so I'll share it here: Charles Augustus Maggnussen (I had to add an extra G so it would take it). Sherlock Holmes BBC, anyone? biggrin.gif

Edited by Ashes The Second

I'm surprised at how fast I managed to catch those new eggs. There wasn't even much lag!

Though I guess it helped I tried at the five minutes drops instead of the hourly drop, but I'm still glad this went well for me, instead of being stressful.

user posted image

Welcome to my fun afternoon. Gotta go now.

And yes, I know to click.

And I see you have a noisy egg - and are locked.

Being locked is CERTAINLY your choice. There are no cave blockers to get people stuck for for 5 hours today.

LOL! I now have a second name for offspring of the noisy x moist pair, all hail "The Moist Screamer"! xd.png

ETA: I think I'll be seeing that image in my dreams tonight. It's really the spectacle laugh.gif

We should make a concept for a new hybrid: Noisy x Whiptail - the egg will scream and shake!

Would have loved a Noisy x Hellhorse, since those shake violently, but they're already hybrids, so maybe making the sprite also look nice with a Hellhorse and then maybe we can get an active screaming egg from a Thuwed pair in the future :3

Yeas I'm going way to far into my fantasies

Moist x Brute... tongue.gif

Finally my stubborn persistence paid off, and I got my second moist egg.

Good luck guys, and most importantly: have fun!

Even with slow internet I was able to get them.

I hope many more people are as lucky as I was

That's the spirit laugh.gif

I see them all the time when I browse the biomes and they dominate my breedings; I'd assume that they're just very popular unless the pattern holds. Reasonable, as it's a very nice sprite.

I was there ~8PM DC Time, and they were dropping as usual.

That's a good point - they are very beautiful. I was half-incline to make them my next 10th-gen project, but then the catching made me decide it might be too much.

That sounds like a great release! Now I really want this one to also last 24 hours - I'll finally be unlocked tomorrow morning :3

Moist x Brute... tongue.gif

Oh. My. God. "The Brutal Moist" "Moist is Brutal" "This Noise is Brutal"... I feel like it's Christmas again - so many naming possibilities!!!

Warning: Anyone who feels discomfort from the certain m-word included above, I am reserving "moist" names as they come to me, and do so on dragons I can most easily access later, i.e. at the top of my scroll. Approach my scroll at your own risk.

Edited by RulenneClarissa

Got two moist eggs and four strange noises ones at the last five-minute drop...now to get one more moist egg if I can!

Thank you, TJ and spriters!