TJ09

2014-04-06 - April Release

I finally caught the last eggs I needed 3 moist/4 noisy in the drop 1 hr 50 min after the eggs started dropping. I'm mixed on how easy/hard the drop was. Now I can see about fixing lunch for my boys and myself.

user posted image

(Dat egg description.)

Dat internet winning post, Flitz. Gooooosh. <3

I'm firmly on team 'damp'. I've never before avoided an egg due to description. ;A;

I've looked back at past release threads during other new drops, and it really does seem to me that after an hour or two the cave adjusts some so that the eggs flow better. It's not just some people getting theirs and moving on, it really does strike me as a drop adjustment that's almost trackable through people posts about how the cave is reacting. That's why I don't see the point in panicking until at least an hour goes by. I mean, I understand the urge, but it really seems to be unnecessary anxiety for most players, and I hate to see folks get wrung out like that when they'll probably be able to get some in an hour or so.

There are usually less people after 2-3 hours of the initial drop, as has happened today. I still think that's the main reason why eggs are becoming easier to catch after a short while, though what you suggest is quite interesting.

And... I'm done. Got three of each. *happy*

The last one was quite easy, only 65 ppl in the Jungle.

Good luck everyone! Patience you must have my young padawan. wink.gif

This was actually my first time lurking the boards that I've been on for the very beginning of dropping a new release(s) egg(s),and I've got to agree that it's a bit on the intimidating side when it comes to the number of folks that stalk each of the bioms.

Whoo, I got one! Not a huge fan of drakes, so I don't need many anyway, but those guys were starting to tick me off. xd.png

Now, to get a coastal one and I'm pretty much set, though I wouldn't mind one more of each...

So is it just me who's already mentally pairing those 'moist' eggs with Blusangs? I'm already thinking it'd make a nice pairing before I've even seen the dragon xd.png

Grr, I wish I had laid those eggs just a little bit earlier. I'm not going to be able to score anything from this hourly drop, which is usually significantly larger than the five-minute drops. *sigh*

try 2 hrs, no eggs

this isn't greed on my part. some of us don't have the best computers or the fanciest connections.

Yeah I know there are a lot of people who have bad internet and I wish you the best but some people I see are saying like "OMG I can;t get ANYY eggs!!" And then I look at their scroll and they have like two of each and I just sigh.

So is it just me who's already mentally pairing those 'moist' eggs with Blusangs? I'm already thinking it'd make a nice pairing before I've even seen the dragon xd.png

These are drakes

So they can only breed with other drakes.

Like themselves or the day and night glory drakes,etc

Yes, i do think they would make a nice pairing if they could breed with each other <3

Edited by lollipop00

Remember that Drakes can only breed with other Drakes.

Grr, I wish I had laid those eggs just a little bit earlier. I'm not going to be able to score anything from this hourly drop, which is usually significantly larger than the five-minute drops. *sigh*

I hear you. My shimmer's also being particularly stubborn about hatching even though she has enough views to do so.

Yeah I know there are a lot of people who have bad internet and I wish you the best but some people I see are saying like "OMG I can;t get ANYY eggs!!" And then I look at their scroll and they have like two of each and I just sigh.

okay yeah. but it's also bad when peeps say stuff like, "I only have 3 of each and what am I going to do omgz."

really want to dismember them, no offense ha!

Well, even with my old, full, slow laptop setup I started at 11am (my time) and by 11:50 or so, I had two of each... so I'm happy. May try and get another one or two later on, but for now, I'm cool...

Thank you, TJ and Spriters...

I opened 27 tabs and didn't catch a single damp egg.. (i'm down with saying damp... Moist makes me sort of uncomfortable just because of that photo)

Am I the only one who thinks that the light brown patch on the noisy egg looks a little like a dragon? Like, the big part is the wing, and to the right of it is the 'body'.

I was thinking it looked rather like a dragon in flight seen from above or below. The big mark on the left is one wing, the little bit in the middle is the body (with a funny gap between body and tail), and the mark on the right is the other wing.

Alternatively, it reminds me of a bat. wink.gif

1. I checked, my download speed is 6.1 Mbps . . . which is not totally slow.

2. I am using Firefox and Google Chrome, I did both.

3. I have been trying to catch an egg for 2 hours and I am really really failing. I caught 1 and I didn't even know I caught it.

I refresh and click on one biome (I stick with one till the eggs quit). Then I wait more than 4 minutes and do it again.

This is so crummy. Can't the eggs last longer than this?

Come ON dude, you made me wait half the day, I used up a "stay up late" pass for nothing (and I only get 2 a month). I stayed up till almost midnight, went to the computer, go ready to catch eggs . . . and no eggs. Then I went to the forum and SNAP . . . no eggs till 11 hours later. Could you please let up on us some. I don't have all day to sit here catching eggs. Can't you let them drop for longer, at least.

Epic fail dude, seriously . . .

Edited by DragonWavey

I always find it kind of funny that,when I grumble that I haven't managed to snag ANY,I find myself snagging them within moments of said grumbling and only with slightly less lag to boot. smile.gif

try 2 hrs, no eggs

this isn't greed on my part. some of us don't have the best computers or the fanciest connections.

Me neither and I am now locked. (ANCIENT Vista one, almost no memory and a dodgy Rogers connection - anyone in Canada will weep with me).

I don't think TJ will allow his to hatch till the 24 hours is up, myself.

There are usually less people after 2-3 hours of the initial drop, as has happened today. I still think that's the main reason why eggs are becoming easier to catch after a short while, though what you suggest is quite interesting.

True, there are less people (although it would be interesting to track how many less over a few releases given that most people don't fill up completely during the first drop and so go to the second and even third ones). But there seems to be a substantial change in things like duration and timing that happens during a specific time frame in new releases that seems eye catching when looking through threads.

Given that even though some people stop hunting after the first drop, new people do come in to take their place (although who knows what that number is), the huge tension release in the threads is startling. People go from "impossible" to "it rained eggs on me" all at once.

I am probably one of the few who has liked that this release is harder. I like the fast paced game, rather than the sit and wait, or the come on and grab them in a few seconds that the game has become. There hasn't been a legitimately difficult drop in a very long time.

I have to argee.