Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

I need some advice/references

I'd like to vary what I offer in the TMB raffle when I do my quick raffles, where I just pick a number from the list of past contributors. And ideally, I'd love to get some CB metals for it. Trading for CB metals is np, but it does throw my timing off a bit. So seems like it might be more practical to arrange some IOUs.

I have not had good experiences with IOUs outside of holidays. I have avoided them. So I'm not sure who or whom I might contact about CB Metal IOUs.

Would anyone care to PM me advice how who they've had good/bad experiences with and what a good trade amount might be? (Or post here.) I'd appreciate it.

<3

I posted this in the Q about a trade thread, too, but was curious about what other prize owners thought (:

I'm a little afraid to post this, but I have this question that I cannot even pretend is hypothetical:

So, how many influenced and hatched CB lunar heralds would one ask for for the iou of a 2g bronze prize? From a holiday, or from a rare/uncommon?

I'd love an idea of what sounds fair. I have no idea, you see.

P.S. I usually reply to all PMs, but in this one instance, I'm not going to respond to anyone offering themselves for this arrangement. I'd just like some feedback on this thread, plz.

Edited by toyofubl

Zuko

26 total breedings produced offspring (not counting the multiclutch during holidays)

15 shinies

8 fails (not including holiday purposeful 'fails')

I forgot how many refusals, but it was at least three.

So that means at least 23 weeks with no egg at all. Basically, half the year was no eggs produced for whatever reason.

I was bored // sleepless and made a new set of badges that all CB Shimmer and Tinsel owners could use. Mine are a little more minimalist than the others I've seen CB prize owners use in their signature.

I can't think of a quicker way to share them with potential CB prize owners other than sharing them here ~~~

Gold Tinsel

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Silver Tinsel

Bronze Tinsel

Gold Shimmer

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Silver Shimmer

Bronze Shimmer

Edited by Pryanka

They are cute. Thanks for sharing! smile.gif

ETA: I might try and put them in the first post when I have a moment, if you like?

Edited by Amazon_warrior

No one knows, 'cept TJ and maybe the spriters if 1) there is going to be one and 2) the prize will be new dragons, not Tinsels and Shimmers again.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I'd like to vary what I offer in the TMB raffle when I do my quick raffles, where I just pick a number from the list of past contributors. And ideally, I'd love to get some CB metals for it. Trading for CB metals is np, but it does throw my timing off a bit. So seems like it might be more practical to arrange some IOUs.

I have not had good experiences with IOUs outside of holidays. I have avoided them. So I'm not sure who or whom I might contact about CB Metal IOUs.

Would anyone care to PM me advice how who they've had good/bad experiences with and what a good trade amount might be? (Or post here.) I'd appreciate it.

<3

I'd say find dpwbailey or Viar. I've traded with both. dpwbailey is fairly prompt when they have metals, and Viar is reliable when it comes to metal IOUs in my experience - tthough they do take a bit, but thst's probably to be expected. (Note that the leverage for Viar's trade was a CB ND. dpwbaliey was trading for less valuable things. They also may not want a 2G prize.)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

@shortaxel yayy I'm glad you like it !

@Amazon_warrior - Yes, you're more than welcome to put them in the first post biggrin.gif

<3

I have seen rratts and MasterofPuppets around quite often in the trade boards with CB Metals. I've seen both of them trade for 2G Prizes...but they may turn around and then re-trade the prize for other cb metals or nd dragons depending on what they're after. I've traded with both of them many times in the past with no problems.

Edited by Pryanka

rratts, dpwbailey, ahimsa, and yiniwon I traded with them all for cb metals and they are all honest and good traders.

dpwbailey and ahimsa aren't that active on the forums so getting into contact with them might take awhile although I did see that ahimsa was active just a little while ago earlier today.

yiniwon I'm less sure about their forum habits but rratts is active quite a bit

So all in all the 4 players I listed are good cb metal catchers, always seem to be interested in 2g prizes when I see them or neglecteds. If you want the one who will get back to your pms the fastest though I would have to say rratts is the one you're looking for

Gorgeous badges Pryanka! I added one to my sig. Cx

Not sure where else to post about this lineage but I figured y'all would get a kick out of it tongue.gif I picked up the one last year and literally have been excited for a year to breed and continue it haha.

Guess it might be time to bump this, then. May the odds be ever in your favour! wink.gif

Hm...any good pairing suggestions? I influenced my Silver tin to be a male (but of course, there's no guarantee), and I know for a fact he'll breed to my first ever dragon, a Tanger.

I know that the word on the block is that they don't like to produce Prizes, so is it best to try to stick to rares? Of course, I love Prizekin either way, but I would like to get a couple of Prize babies in the process to form some shiny checkers.

And, of course, I'd really like some breeding partner suggestions for him/her that could form something...pretty, so to speak. What do you say looks nice with Silver tinsels? (EDIT: Or just silver in general, since I know there's a lot of Silver Shimmers, too!)

Edited by 20mia08

Hm...any good pairing suggestions? I influenced my Silver tin to be a male (but of course, there's no guarantee), and I know for a fact he'll breed to my first ever dragon, a Tanger.

I know that the word on the block is that they don't like to produce Prizes, so is it best to try to stick to rares? Of course, I love Prizekin either way, but I would like to get a couple of Prize babies in the process to form some shiny checkers.

And, of course, I'd really like some breeding partner suggestions for him/her that could form something...pretty, so to speak. What do you say looks nice with Silver tinsels? (EDIT: Or just silver in general, since I know there's a lot of Silver Shimmers, too!)

Matching lunars, any lunars, celestials, xenos, silvers, golds, sinomorphs, holidays if ya feel like taking a value dive, kingcrownes, fire gems, royal blues, and almeralds, might work out nicely.

Edited by blockEdragon

I personally really like silver tinsels with blusangs, nebulas and gaia xenos :3

I'm hoping for Shimmer lines with Springs and Summers xd.png

What about precognition? I see you have two aeon dragons that are currently not on cooldown, so you could use the BSA to check whether the influence worked.

I really like the look of a male silver shimmerscale and female monarch. Basically the reason I influenced mine male. I also think striped-rivers and sapphires would be pretty.

I really like the look of a male silver shimmerscale and female monarch. Basically the reason I influenced mine male. I also think striped-rivers and sapphires would be pretty.

Feel free to look through some of Monet's offspring if you're curious about other combinations with male Silver shimmers.

Personally I think they look best with cool colored dragons. Greens, blues and purples.

Me too. But it's nearly impossible to get Shimmer from such pair http://dragcave.net/progeny/76MBe

Since someone just posted about a sad refusal, maybe it's useful to have this information here:

When you want to breed your CB Prize to something you can't replace (GoN, Holiday, special code...), use fertility (Purple dragon BSA) before the first breeding.

Fertility reduces the risk of refusals. If you don't have a Purple dragon, wait with that important breeding until you have one. It's worth it! =)

In my opinion Prizes look always nice with Trios, but I have a faible for Trio dragons so I´m a bit prejudiced xd.png... and I´m still looking for Ices from Silver Tinsels *rofl* I would also breed with Xenowyrms, because they are just cool (I also love Holiday pairings, especially if you can breed checkers in the end)

If I won a monthly Raffle Prize, I would probably try to breed with Aeon, Bolt, Frill, Celestial or Lunar, Gemshard especially with Shimmers ^^

Edited by tjenni