Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

I'm more convinced that the thing just doesn't like breeding.

It could be, some don't. I have a CB valentine that produced zero eggs (what is this multiclutch of which you speak) the first year i could breed her. She is still stingy, regardless of mate. My shimmer is also not the best...he likes to make fails a lot.

Yeah, some are terrible breeders. My first and only CB silver (for a long while) was very stingy. And I've one stripe that I needed to breed for a project that went through three mates before finding one that is acceptable.

After a month and a week dry spell, the brat finally popped out an egg. A shiny, at that! One off my waitlist! Good Zuko!

It could be, some don't.  I have a CB valentine that produced zero eggs  (what is this multiclutch of which you speak) the first year i could breed her.  She is still stingy, regardless of mate.  My shimmer is also not the best...he likes to make fails a lot.

I have a gold like that. sleep.gif It grew up on Mar 03, 2014. I have bred it nearly every week since, trying five different mates, and not a single offspring. No fail, no gold. Just nothing. At this point, I would even be happy with a fail. I'm glad my prize isn't like that. ohmy.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

James is mostly OK at producing, though I took AGeS to get a stripe, added anoth stripe IOU to my list which he bred first time and...it auto'd.

Then he refused his desipis mate, so if anyone is breeding gold shimmers from female desipis I'd love a swap dry.gif I actually wish the cool down after refusals was turned off for holidays, not the refusal itself, because tbh I HATE having a pair that only occurs in season (the one time I don't do a test breeding *sigh*)

But yeah, otherwise can't complain, he's produced 8 shinies, and I am far from the most conscientious breeder!

Aegis seems like the opposite. He started out really really poorly - even fails were difficult! It was all either no egg, or no interest. I bred him every single week for this year, sometimes as soon as he was off of cooldown. He's officially the most bred dragon on my scroll. I even bred him with holidays and got minimal success (one shiny from Mistletoe, and many many no interests).

But in the last few months, he picked up a lot. Two shinies in November! Many fails too. Maybe it's because I switched to breeding him to older dragons, but that doesn't really explain lack of fail-eggs. Either way, I really can't complain about him anymore.

Lady Raphy is still into her routine of shiney->no interest->kin->kin->shiney etc... breeding every week with one break every 4-5 weeks. She does NOT like breeding with the same mate two weeks in a row though so I have to rotate!

I'll probably get either shiney or no interest on her next breeding. At least she FINALLY found a Green Nebula good enough for her and produced a shiney first go!

Count so far:

14 shinies and 10 kin (and 4 Heart Seekers)

She seems to like her Radiant Angel mate the most, having produced 4 prize eggs with him.

I'm permanently closing Zuko's breeding list for anything other than 2G prizeswap or 2G holly. I'm at the burnt out stage. He's a reasonably good breeder, but I'm tired of dealing with everything that goes along with trading/giving away 2G prizes.

Anyone else close off their list, or were yours closed from the start? Thoughts on closing off a prize list?

I'm permanently closing Zuko's breeding list for anything other than 2G prizeswap or 2G holly. I'm at the burnt out stage. He's a reasonably good breeder, but I'm tired of dealing with everything that goes along with trading/giving away 2G prizes.

Anyone else close off their list, or were yours closed from the start? Thoughts on closing off a prize list?

I've closed mine. I hate the feeling that comes with owing someone something, along with *having* to remember to breed every week. I do owe three people, but after that, I'm done. I can always open it again if I want.

I've closed mine. I hate the feeling that comes with owing someone something, along with *having* to remember to breed every week. I do owe three people, but after that, I'm done. I can always open it again if I want.

I don't so much mind the owing. I mean, I do, because I like to fill my list as fast as possible. I had been closing my list as soon as it got three long (including fails) just so I was not overwhelmed. I just hate dealing with drama. I know that other prize owners aren't as likely to give me grief over anything. I do think that, after my current list is finished, I might only trade when I have an egg available at the time. At least for a little bit. No list at all, just a nice, easy-going offer to trade for anyone else who has a 2G prize available. If no one takes it, well, I don't mind keeping more of Zuko's babies on my scroll.

My list is kind of... unofficially closed, I guess? If I see something in a trade thread where I think, "Yes, I want that and it's totally worth a 2G Shimmer to me," then I'll offer, but otherwise having a list >5 is too stressful, especially right now when RL is/has been fraught enough as it is.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I got pressured into accepting way too many IOUs so my list has been closed for a really long time... but that still doesn't stop people from PMing almost every time I post on the forums :/

I didn't get a single egg for so long but once I got a male CB Copper I guess Yellowstone was finally pleased with her living situation and started producing well. Her list doesn't look very impressive but she's only been breeding nicely since late June so I'm very happy with her. I breed around every 10-12 days and her last 12 breedings only had one that didn't produce an egg (not counting Halloween or Christmas).

Once I get my list all cleared out I'll open it with a much more manageable amount of slots, but I'm never taking offers ever again. I'm going to have set in stone prices per slot and if people can't/won't pay that, oh well. But after I get everything on my wishlist & needlist I'm not sure what I'll do. I didn't do lineages or anything before I won so I don't have any idea what else I'd like to do. Maybe spriter alt G2s only or something?

I've made it no secret that I'm pretty much fed up with XFile's bad breeding. After I finish off what I owe (one poor soul I've been trying to get an egg for for 10 months) I think I'm pretty much done with breeding.

I'm frustrated and annoyed by it all.

I've made it no secret that I'm pretty much fed up with XFile's bad breeding. After I finish off what I owe (one poor soul I've been trying to get an egg for for 10 months) I think I'm pretty much done with breeding.

*hugs* And it sounds like you've tried everything, too. sad.gif

Hug #2 sad.gif

I realized this breeding week that I only have 1 CB male holiday, and I need him for a lineage I'm working on. No holiday eggs for Miss Elizabeth this year :/

I don't keeps lists I just toss eggs away as they come, maybe host a free raffle for it. I find it nice and pleasant, no stress or worries involved whatsoever. Rarely get PM'd either, and when I do things have always been chill. Bad breeding is disappointing for sure, because it means I can't catapult eggs as often as I'd like. It's a shame to hear some are having a bad time of it, because I think stuff with prizes is the best fun I get from DC these days.

Not sure if I should breed mine with a holiday this time around-- aren't prize x holidays pretty common? And my only options would be winter Magis, wrapping wings, and the mistletoes... hmm.

I'm kind of along the same lines as Nine. I don't trade any IOU prizes or keep a request list for them. All of Monet's 2nd gen shimmer babies have been gifted out to certain individuals or donated to raffles. I haven't even kept one for myself. Using them as gifts is a lot less stressful without the worries of paying someone back.

I do keep a request list for his prizekins though and it really helps pass the time between shiny babies. Save for when there's a dry spell of course.

*Hug #3* Sorry to hear that. You really sound like you need a long break from Xfile.

I my husband never kept a list. He said it was too much trouble and frustration.

First of all, not too sure if this thread is ONLY for CB Prize owners, but if it is, I'll delete this.

I'm pretty much the same with my 2nd Gen Tinsels. I have a waitlist, but I try not to "make trades" unless I have the eggs on hand. Otherwise I get a bunch of really nice stuff, and then I owe all my future eggs to a plethora of people.

As a CB Prize owner, you have the final say on whether or not you breed your dragon. It may peeve a few people off who are trying to collect all the lineages from the active Prizes, but it is what it is. At the end of the day, DC is just a game, and nobody will hold your choice(s) against you.

Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm not planning on completely closing my IOU lists, but I have reduced it to 2 slots and plan to keep it that way. I rotate between three breedings- two IOUs and one for me- and it seems to keep me from getting frustrated about breeding the same mates over and over.

However, at this point, I'm wondering what I would actually trade prize eggs for, anyway. I have a few (enough) CB metals. Besides the obvious swaps, like other 2g prizes or spriter's alts, I'm not sure what will tempt me to make an IOU.

*hug 4*

Though I am not a CB Prize owner yet, I can feel your pain ;n;

I owed someone a bred egg from my scroll, and that pair did not produce eggs for several months straight, except for fails. When I finally got the egg they wanted, they had gone inactive. =_=

Sad to see so many people getting frustrated. :/

Despite all the pain and torment that comes from having a prize, I still have hopes of winning one myself eventually.

On that note, any word on the raffle for this year? Usually by now TJ mentions something.

Despite all the pain and torment that comes from having a prize, I still have hopes of winning one myself eventually.

On that note, any word on the raffle for this year? Usually by now TJ mentions something.

Noooope. Maybe he'll say something when the new Christmas dragons are released.

Do I detect sarcasm?

I'm not planning on completely closing my IOU lists, but I have reduced it to 2 slots and plan to keep it that way. I rotate between three breedings- two IOUs and one for me- and it seems to keep me from getting frustrated about breeding the same mates over and over.

However, at this point, I'm wondering what I would actually trade prize eggs for, anyway. I have a few (enough) CB metals. Besides the obvious swaps, like other 2g prizes or spriter's alts, I'm not sure what will tempt me to make an IOU.

That's kind of where I am. I had several CB metals before I even got Zuko. One trade got me the last few I needed/wanted. I was doing trades for bulk mates from my wishlist. It's just been too much drama to deal with, though. I was trying to be generous, but some people ruin the giving spirit. So I'm just down to prize swaps and spiter alts, really. I suppose I might still give one away if I see a particularly deserving person, but that's about it.

That's kind of where I am. I had several CB metals before I even got Zuko. One trade got me the last few I needed/wanted. I was doing trades for bulk mates from my wishlist. It's just been too much drama to deal with, though. I was trying to be generous, but some people ruin the giving spirit. So I'm just down to prize swaps and spiter alts, really. I suppose I might still give one away if I see a particularly deserving person, but that's about it.

Will be interesting to see what happens once (if) new Prizes are distributed. I assume that new owners will not be any different and will only give to (or trade with) deserving people.

Edited by SullenCat