Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

Hmm. The sig thing seems like it won't give me instant gratification, but neither will pm glomping, either!

Maybe I'll look into a raffle or creative writing contest or ... cat pageant* ... or something relatively non-time-consuming. For both me and participants smile.gif

Thanks, guys!

* this is only partly a joke, a cat pageant would be pretty great.

When I want to give away something I know lots of people might want (usually CB metals / pyralspites / xenos) I put a two way link in the departures thread with a note telling people to offer a dummy egg and that I'll be gifting the egg by accepting someone's dummy offer in 10 to 15 minutes. I only have to wait 10 minutes or so for that feeling of gifting gratification AND I get to pick the person who gets my egg tongue.gifhere's a link to the give-away I just finished.

Having people offer dummy eggs usually means I can peek at some of the scrolls and see if they have many rare things or not...sometimes I just pick someone random, other times I do peek at scrolls and try to pick someone who's been active for a decent length of time yet hasn't been able to get a lot of the rare things.

A few times I switched it up and asked people to offer the most unique / weird / interesting egg they could find the in AP within a twenty to thirty minute time frame and I would go through all the entries at the end and pick the one I thought was the neatest AP find. Note: I always specified that "neat" does not mean "rare" or "worth a lot" and that the egg had to come from the AP (the egg's time is a good indicator) just so people wouldn't get it in their heads to offer the rarest egg already on their scroll. It keeps the AP moving for a bit as people try to find a neat egg to offer on the link, and I had plenty of people PM me to say they thought it was a really neat idea. Just something you might consider ^__^

Edited by shadesofchaos

Ugh, I got all excited to try new things, but of course this week saw no egg, either prize (iou) or fail. Ah well. Hopefully soon!

Do trade threads take requests like shadesofchaos's? I love "cool" but not particularly valuable lineages, and the departures thread can move along fairly quickly, whereas trade posts get perused like classifieds.

Ugh, I got all excited to try new things, but of course this week saw no egg, either prize (iou) or fail. Ah well. Hopefully soon!

Do trade threads take requests like shadesofchaos's? I love "cool" but not particularly valuable lineages, and the departures thread can move along fairly quickly, whereas trade posts get perused like classifieds.

The trade threads usually only have rules about what you're offering, they don't really care what you ask for. So if you want to trade a 2G from your Shimmer for an interesting lineage, then go for it! Although you may find you need to define at least a little what sort of lineages you find "interesting".

I usually trade my 2G Prizekin but occasionally I AP them hoping someone will pick them up and squeal with delight. smile.gif

I kept one 2G Prize to breed 3G prizes (to trade), traded one and with the others I random glomp people. smile.gif

If they don't take the egg/respond within three days I hatch the egg and trade the hatchling.

I've only had one no response and I traded that hatchling. (Which is how the "gender scam" shimmer ended up being named that.)

Everyone else has pretty much reacted like: blink.gifohmy.gif *Grab egg and hug tight* biggrin.gif

I love random glomping. biggrin.gif

I normally try to trade and eventually give up and end up dumping them into the AP or departure thread.

Hopefully they make someone's day haha? I think I've probably sent off about half of Fifth's offspring to random locations.

Edited by Science

How many Prizes to Kins are people getting? Just curious.

So far Sansa has given me 8:20 Prizes:Prizekins.

Edited by Cireth

30 breedings, 9 Tinsels, 8 prizekin (excluding Valentine's day multiclutch - that brings prizekin total up to 12), 5 no eggs, 5 no interests, and 2 refusals. Those would be pretty good stats except that almost all of those no egg/no interests are from breeding to blockers with the specific intent of getting prizekin.

Monet's produced 5 Prizes; 16 Prize kins (3 of which are Valentine offspring).

I haven't kept track of his no interests/no eggs, but I do recall I had about 8 of them before his first non valentine baby (which was a prizekin). For refusals, I've been very lucky so far without a single one.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Kyllion breeds about 50/50. 21 offspring total so far, and that's with breeding him every week. He's had a few rejections, and several non-productive pairings, but overall, he's done pretty well.

For the last 8 months: 13 different mates, 29 offsprings - 7 shinies, 4 Rosebuds, 18 fails. 2 of the shinies are with holidays, I don't know if that counts.

Miss Elizabeth has given me:

7 prizes

7 fails (yeah, really, only 7)

3 holiday

Edit: I think she had 2 refusals as well. Or 1? Can't check while she is in cooldown.

Edited by toyofubl

Haven't been keeping track of breeding failures, refusals, and no interests, so the numbers are probably going to be off, but so far things are looking like:

27 breedings with Nocturne: 3 prizes, 12 Nocturnes, 12 fails.

4 or 5 breedings with Magma: 1 prize, 3 Magmas.

My one second-gen has a laughably poor ratio.

30-ish breedings with Nocturne: 1 prize, 25 Nocturnes, 4 failures. I think she's goin' for a record!

What mates are people planning to use for Halloween? I've been more focused on what to do with my Halloween lineages... if I don't make some plan my shimmer might get nada but leftovers, or get forgotten =p

I usually look for 2G Holiday swaps, so Luckiest Catch's mate will depend on what the other person wants, assuming I can find a trade for what I'm looking for.

Eeeeeeek!!! biggrin.gif

Cross your fingers they will like each other.

And bred this little guy that is looking for a home Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

As for Stark I'm not sure if I'll breed him with Halloween dragon. At first I planed to breed him with SW, but then I realized I don't really like this combination.

Right now I'm more focused on Xeno x Prize lineages smile.gif

Edited by alliana1

Eeeeeeek!!! biggrin.gif

Oh, that is gorgeous!

When it comes to Halloween, do you (y'all) plan to breed with a Halloween dragon, or just continue trying for a prize?

Dunno what I'm going to do for Halloween (or Christmas); I'll probably do a trade so it'll depend on what the other person wants. Orkid's been spitting out nothing but fails for the last several months sad.gif

Eeeeeeek!!! biggrin.gif

And bred this little guy that is looking for a home Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

As for Stark I'm not sure if I'll breed him with Halloween dragon. At first I planed to breed him with SW, but then I realized I don't really like this combination.

Right now I'm more focused on Xeno x Prize lineages smile.gif

You found a mate! Terrific! I'm so glad to hear that 'cause I know you've been looking for a long time. happy.gif

Monet's gonna be hitched with a cavern lurker this halloween. I think the pairing has a nice contrast of light and dark with silver shimmers. smile.gif

What mates are people planning to use for Halloween? I've been more focused on what to do with my Halloween lineages... if I don't make some plan my shimmer might get nada but leftovers, or get forgotten =p

The only CB Halloweens I have are Despipis, which fortunately look really good with bronze tinsels. xd.png

Good luck to CB Prize owners who are breeding their prize to holidays xd.png I hope I can fish a prizekin out of the ap :0

Is anyone going to try a zombie lineages?

I was going to, but I didn't think ahead of time. I would have wanted to breed my prize to a CB common mate, get a 2g prize from it, and THEN zombify the CB common. Though if it didn't work out, I'd be very sad.

For breeding this Halloween, I was leaning toward Marrow, but ... well, I wonder how many people with bronze female shimmer prizes have CB marrows. I covet checker lineages, you see.

You mean like this? (Zombie father.)

That's pretty darn cool.