Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

Don't breed anything even slightly rare to anything relatively new.

So how "old" do the newer dragons need to be for breeding then do you think?

My gold shim gave me a red baby on the first try - perfect, because I wanted to give it away to someone who wanted the red more than the prize! Good Banner. biggrin.gif

It depends on how common they are and just how young they are, guessing the ratios is what you're trying to do and new breeds have messed up ratios so I can't give a solid answer.

Maybe you could try breeding a few with some celestials and looking at the clutch's outcomes to gauge just how common they are VS the newish and common-ish celestial, and weigh the risk VS reward would give you a clearer idea of what you're in for.

It's not exact but normally if the celestials outnumber the other breed it's probably an alright chance, but it depends how much they outnumber the others

Tor example I would never breed a zyu to my golds right now because the celestials produced nothing but Zyus for every breeding.

i bred my gold tinsel with a mistletoe, and got a tinsel egg smile.gif

i used fertility of course, but was quite surprised to get an egg first try.

Late to the party, but congrats to all the new prize winners!

Adding to earlier comments, I try to look at other prize progeny pages to see what has been successful vs what has produced a zillion prizekin (but no prize).

It depends on how common they are and just how young they are, guessing the ratios is what you're trying to do and new breeds have messed up ratios so I can't give a solid answer.

Maybe you could try breeding a few with some celestials and looking at the clutch's outcomes to gauge just how common they are VS the newish and common-ish celestial, and weigh the risk VS reward would give you a clearer idea of what you're in for.

It's not exact but normally if the celestials outnumber the other breed it's probably an alright chance, but it depends how much they outnumber the others

Tor example I would never breed a zyu to my golds right now because the celestials produced nothing but Zyus for every breeding.

Thanks for the info. I don't have one...yet-lol!

Since we all have a real chance now, I just wanted to gather info-just in case.

huh.gif

You mean like this?

I'm not gona give up the Monarch x Shimmer project. They will give Shimmer eventually. I'll show you when I get one wink.gif

huh.gif

You mean like this?

I'm not gona give up the Monarch x Shimmer project. They will give Shimmer eventually. I'll show you when I get one wink.gif

Never said it was exact, it's all chance based and there's always a small chance of something producing the rarer mate, it's just too small of a chance for me to advise the pairing.

Nice for you though, it's always cool to get a rare out of the pairing earlier then you should.

huh.gif

You mean like this?

I'll probably try every couple/other breedings to get a shimmer from a monarch. Got my first monarch the other day so we'll see how many we get before that elusive shimmer appears. :]

My hole point is that prize owners can breed their dragons with whatever they want. Don't let someone tell you "Don't breed..." You will get what you want eventually. Yes, it's easy to get prizes when breed with holidays or Metallics, Coppers, Trios. If you want that it's ok. It's much more harder to get prizes from commons, especially newer ones. But in my opinion the result is tottaly worth it. If you want that it's ok too. The dragon is yours and so is the desigion.

@titinian.masquarade, wish you luck with the Monarch smile.gif

It's just a matter of persistency. Even all the "fails" will help, by counting towards the evil ratios.

Good luck! smile.gif

After reading recent posts, I felt like challenging the odds and breeding to a common parent again. And surprise surprise, I got a shiny =o Maybe now I can continue breeding my Shimmer to Nocturnes once more, if this luck continues to persist! I probably just jinxed it though.

(as a side note ... if anyone wants a 2nd gen Shimmer, check out sig)

I have a 2nd gen from an undine and I've found that I have better luck switching between mates of the same breed.

I've had decent luck with all the commons where I've been breeding for an IOU, but then there's this combo that I started trying to breed for myself after I picked up 2nd gen Tinsel-kin from Seragamma.

I think Snape is just trolling me, at this point. xd.png

Edited by Sycamore

I've had decent luck with all the commons where I've been breeding for an IOU, but then there's this combo that I started trying to breed for myself after I picked up 2nd gen Tinsel-kin from Seragamma.

I think Snape is just trolling me, at this point.  xd.png

No, it's not just you. Seragammas breed a lot of... Seragammas.

I've been trying to get a MAGMA out of a Seragamma since July of 2013.

Here's all the Magma fails (Everything bred to Jenryu) I've thrown out.

It's one of those breeds people forget about and unfortunately never get massbred to help even out their breeding rations.

Speaking of massbreeding... The massbreeding events, in my personal experience, help tremendously with getting 2nd gen prizes from commons. I've had amazing luck breeding after one happens. They are awesome and are a CB prize owner's best friend. Just a bit of advice to the new raffle winners. happy.gif

Edited by Daydreamer09

What if I breed, say, a Bronze Tinzel to a Silver Tinzel? Will they breed or refuse, or will their rate be oh-so-low? I really want to!

22 minutes ago, ThermoDanone said:

What if I breed, say, a Bronze Tinzel to a Silver Tinzel? Will they breed or refuse, or will their rate be oh-so-low? I really want to!

It's been done before. They'll breed, unless they hate each other, but I'm fairly certain the offspring will always be one species/variant (like only Bronze and never Silver).

Edited by Miral

Whatever you do with your CB Prize(s), don't forget to use fertility before breeding them to irreplaceable mates.

(Can't say this often enough. Fertility really seems to make refusals a lot less likely, and you don't want a refusal between a CB Prize and a CB Holly or other super-rare thing.)

8 hours ago, mouse050909 said:

Who chooses the codes for the Prizes? :) 

In the old Christmas-only raffles, the winners got to choose (or if they didn't, they got a random code).  Now, everyone just gets a random code.