Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

Today XFile didn't produce an egg with a mistletoe. The common belief that it's easier to get an egg from a holiday/rare is hogwash for me. Last shiny occurred in September.

(Snape)'s owner has Alt Sweetlings.

Several shimmer owners do.

Never seen a Silver Tinsel x Alt Sweetling.

In other news, over four months and counting without a shiny (including many days breeding to rares and holidays). This is why lists are bad. Don't do lists, kids.

Thanks! I have the attention span of a bug, so I only looked at maybe 30 prizes before I wandered off and

... also, let me add my own PSA. Don't do commons, kids. Lists and commons are bad. This is your brain on commons.

Also watch out for people trying to impersonate you and make you pay up shinies and rares and the like for an egg you'll never get- That being said, this is MY only account....

Also watch out for people trying to impersonate you and make you pay up shinies and rares and the like for an egg you'll never get- That being said, this is MY only account....

Yes! I recently was pm'd by- and reported- someone who claimed to have a prize from 2011, but had a forum account with only 3 posts. Way to be sneaky.

Edited for wacky sentence structure.

Edited by toyofubl

Or how do you go about telling someone who's already paid that you don't want to continue trying a certain mate because they only fail? x-x

I would just honestly tell them you want to change up the mate. Explain to them it's been X amount of breedings or X amount of time trying the pair. If they're reasonable, they should understand that the two dragons just aren't working out. Then I'd ask them if they have a backup pairing or possibly can make up a list.

I don't know that a low post count would set off alarms. I've done some trades for rares where the owner always seems to delete the post as soon as an acceptable agreement is reached, sometimes within minutes of posting.

I guess that's one way of keeping a low profile to make sure you don't get spammed with a lot of unwanted requests.

@ nightwalkery -I agree, just open a discussion and ask if they wouldn't mind a different mate in the interest of getting their prize faster or tell them that you that you want to alternate breeding partners for other people along with their mate of choice. I think most people would be understanding.

I have someone trying to breed for me and I gave them a couple of alternative partners to rotate through if they want, because I really hate the thought of someone getting stuck trying to breed something for me for ages and feeling trapped by that.

I don't know that a low post count would set off alarms. I've done some trades for rares where the owner always seems to delete the post as soon as an acceptable agreement is reached, sometimes within minutes of posting.

I guess that's one way of keeping a low profile to make sure you don't get spammed with a lot of unwanted requests.

True! So true. And I apologize if the person really is who they said they were, but ...

... the account was only created a few months ago, the total post count was only 3, and the only visible post was a sketchy one (badly written, also offering a 2g prize with no proof). The forum name corresponded to a scroll with only a few dragons, the youngest dating back to the same start date as the forum account.

Also, when I wrote back asking for proof of ownership, I never heard back.

In short, the kind of situation where I totally would decline an iou :/

Heh, that does sound pretty questionable. I think in that case most anyone would have done the same.

Never seen a Silver Tinsel x Alt Sweetling.

At least I can help with this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/euiRN

Last Shimmer offspring from Rinoa was in September. Have some people waiting and only got fails or nothing so far.

I told everyone they always can change mates if they have the feeling of waiting too long.

And I apologize if the person really is who they said they were, but ...

... the account was only created a few months ago, the total post count was only 3, and the only visible post was a sketchy one (badly written, also offering a 2g prize with no proof). The forum name corresponded to a scroll with only a few dragons, the youngest dating back to the same start date as the forum account.

For me this sounds like multiscrolling with the purpose of obtaining 2g Prizes without giving someting back. Only my opinion. Good you asked for proof!

It's been one year since I got Stark and I've been curious - how many prizes did you get in your first year?

I got 9 and I bred him every week exept once or twice during holidays.

Cammy bred every week, though possibly missed one week throughout, 34 eggs total (not including any holiday eggs which were 4 heartstealers), 13 prizes and 21 fails, just bred a fail water last night.

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Excluding holiday breedings, it's 13 Shimmers, 18 fails and 1 refusal.

I haven't kept precise check of the breeding results, but I've bred mine almost every week during this year, and gotten a grand total of 1 shiny from her. With a holiday pairing.

dry.gif

Edited by Ripan

I haven't kept precise check of the breeding results, but I've bred mine almost every week during this year, and gotten a grand total of 1 shiny from her. With a holiday pairing.

dry.gif

I feel for you sad.gif i thought trying for a 3rd gen for nearly a year and still no shiny was bad but yours i cant find the words unsure.gif

dry.gif

All the ouch. sad.gif That sort of thing is so disheartening.

I've bred every week since she grew up, and here's the total (I wish I'd kept better track!)

15 kin

11 prize

7 holiday

3 refusals

... and a crap ton of "no egg" weeks!

Haven't kept close track of the no eggs and low interest and I bit at least one kin which sadly cracked.. but 17 prizes, and 10 kin and 10 holiday babies.

/sends out good shiny vibes

I've bred Yellowstone around every ten days since she grew up, excluding the months I lost to bad advice of pairing her with Silvers and some hiccups due to all my special date breedings. (Birthdays, anniversaries, etc) The numbers are a bit skewed because of that but she's been an amazing breeder for the past few months!

Assuming I didn't mess up any math because of being tired, her numbers are:

7 prize

11 fails

11 holiday

Haven't been keeping exact track, but Rogue has bred:

17 fails

8 prizes (+ one that died)

and had:

~2? no interest

1 refusal

I never breed him during holidays, and I feel like I took a lot of breaks, but I feel like he's doing a good job! Thanks Rogue! smile.gif

Monet's 1st year stats:

I'm 100% certain Monet's had 0 refusals.

And I recall he had a long stretch of no interests/no eggs last year right after valentine's day. About 8 I believe.

The last shimmer baby from Monet was back in August.

9 different mates (One of which was unintentionally bred, Three of which are holiday-only breeders)

5 Shimmers

38 Prize-kins (13 of which are holidays and 1 Vampire which was bitten for being a misbreed)

Success from non-holiday breedings:

(Shimmer : Prize-kins)

Waterhorse -- 2:7

Nebula -- 3:0

Thalassa -- 0:14

Seasonal -- 0:1

Undine -- 0:3

17 shinys + 1 dead

22 fails (not including holidays)

12 holiday fails

I think there has been a refusal or two but overall breeding has been pretty good. happy.gif

I didn't keep track of refusals and I meant to breed every every week but didn't. Anyway Sansa's stats.

Nine mates which were rotated every week (excepting Braedan the Sunset who got to breed with his true love three weeks in a row):

15 Prizes and 20 Kins. Plus some refusals and no eggs. Pretty good methinks.

Edited by Cireth