Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

Hi, tiny question for prize owners:

Has anyone had success with undines or bleeding moons?

Someone requested Bleeding Moon as a mate for Luckiest Catch very shortly after they were released, and to my astonishment I got a shiny on the second try. *HOWEVER*, I think something must have changed with breeding ratios very soon afterwards because that 2G shiny has not bred a single Shimmer from Bleeding Moon in almost two years (I check periodically out of curiosity!). I would strongly recommend avoiding them as a Prize mate.

Regarding Undines, I think they're a better proposition; I've successfully bred a shiny from Undine (though I had maybe 4 fails first), and it looks like a number of other people have also had success with the pairing.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Has everyone who won a prize this year successfully bred a baby yet? There's too many for me to check. xd.png Just curious how many lines I need to get my grubby little paws on heh.

Edited by zaverxi

I think 'successful' is a bit of an understatement for me.

I think 'successful' is a bit of an understatement for me.

You are breeding to only Coppers, possibly the best breeding mate in existence, so that is more or less to be expected.

I've been fairly successful. Got two shinies in a row out of moderately difficult pairings.

Edited by The_Bucket

Which is exactly why I chose coppers. Well, that and I just really like the combination ovo

I have managed 2 so far. One with an Almadine (which is all I wanted so now I just find random pairs I think may look nice. The other was with a mistletoe

I just bred my second 2nd gen (and am giving it away, check the sig) so far-- my adult 2nd gen has struck out 10/11 times she produced. I've been trying to see if the Infulence BSA makes a difference in what/if egg is laid, but so far the results are negligible.

Was tempted to switch to a rarer mate to try for more shinies, but I couldn't decide what to go for. Maybe this is my Shimmer's way of apologizing for two months of fails.

Someone requested Bleeding Moon as a mate for Luckiest Catch very shortly after they were released, and to my astonishment I got a shiny on the second try. *HOWEVER*, I think something must have changed with breeding ratios very soon afterwards because that 2G shiny has not bred a single Shimmer from Bleeding Moon in almost two years (I check periodically out of curiosity!). I would strongly recommend avoiding them as a Prize mate.

Regarding Undines, I think they're a better proposition; I've successfully bred a shiny from Undine (though I had maybe 4 fails first), and it looks like a number of other people have also had success with the pairing.

I was doing a project involving Bleeding Moons and Albinos, I think it must have been about this time last year. Not a single Albino was given, no matter how often I bred them, and I must have tried for three or four months of consistent breeding. I believe that some other people in the project were able to get Albinos, but it was not the common result. I think they're just too common for Prize dragons to get shinies out of.

Was tempted to switch to a rarer mate to try for more shinies, but I couldn't decide what to go for.

How about Magma?

That's awesome you're giving it away! Good on you.

Which is exactly why I chose coppers. Well, that and I just really like the combination ovo

*my new best friend* biggrin.gif

I really like coppers with prizes too. (well, yes, I actually like coppers with everything) One of my favorite combinations is silver shimmers with green coppers.

I don't know about coppers (I have not tried them with Zuko, but my 3rd gen silver tin x green copper gives me a fair number of tinsels), but I have had extremely brilliant luck with thunder and ice. I also got really lucky with blusang ratios being so out of whack and got a tinsel baby right off for the person on my waitlist who was waiting for one.

Green coppers look alright with bronze tinsels, in my opinion, but they look a lot better with silver tins/shimmers. I'm not crazy about the other coppers with bronze tin at all, so I probably won't ever try those combos. xd.png

theres some breeds that prizes just dont wanna cooperate wth xd.png i mean i dont own any CB's but this second gen of mine clearly hates specklethroats haha -> http://dragcave.net/progeny/RheRX (idk if anyone else is having success with this pairing)

dry.gif in my experience the two hardest pairings i've come across so far to get shiny eggs from are Speckle Throats and Deep Sea's

it took me 7 months and 3 mates to get a shimmer from her

Deep Sea pairings are by far the worst i've seen breeding wise. i'm hoping that she will be kinder to me ... but i'm not holding my breath xd.png its a shame too ... the colors of the deep sea go very well with the bronze prize dragons imo. but use Deep Sea mates at your own peril imo *nods*

other stubborn pairs worth noting

Red Finn Tidals look awesome with the shimmers and are great for kin .. but hard for getting shinies out of.

Water Walkers can be a pain as well, though they are my fav combo with the Silver Shimmers

Gaurdian and Neo Tropicals can be as well.

i've also heard Crimsons & Black Caps are like pulling teeth to get shinies out of as well.

Tri-Horn, Pillow, Ember, Magi, Trio and Seasonal lines are stubborn breeders, but generally you can get a shiny out of those lines pretty often (a hand full a year)

Surprisingly, my best producers out of all my lines are my Balloon, Moonstone, Blusang, and Nebula lines. on average i can get at least one egg from a line bred to those dragons each month *nods* i was a bit shocked by the Balloons being so good at producing tbh but their color with the bronze prizes is killer *nods*

Got a question for all y'all CB Prize owners;

About the codes. I find some random ones and some actual words. I hear that Prize codes are not randomly generated, so I am confused. How does that work? Do you do something to it, or is it randomly chosen?

There's an option - you could choose a random code ot to type a code of your choice

About the codes. I find some random ones and some actual words. I hear that Prize codes are not randomly generated, so I am confused. How does that work? Do you do something to it, or is it randomly chosen?

This is the page winners are taken to:

user posted image

With the obvious change depending on which prize you won.

You get to choose or have a random one. There were two things to check and a box besides the choose your own code one to put your code in.

I was so stunned when I got Sansa that I must have checked the wrong thing because I definitely entered 'Sansa' in the box. When I PM'd TJ he either didn't understand that or thought it was tough luck and wouldn't change her code. sad.gif

Ah well. You win some you lose some. She's a beautiful girl and she's given me six shimmers so far. smile.gif

I think having a variety of mates helps. She has seven but breeds with her lifemate, Braedan the King of Westeros, the most (three times to the others one) and so I have a complicated breeding sheet to keep track of who she's meant to breed with this time. smile.gif

Braedan is the only mate she's guaranteed to keep after this year. The others might get swapped out. I don't know yet.

Edit: So ninja'd hours ago. Should have read the rest of the thread before quoting. Lol.

Edited by Cireth

My prize has bred me 15 eggs so far out of how many breeding I cant remember,

5 of those are Shimmer's and 10 are Fails I got lucky twice in a row from the Blusangs and once from a Moonstone, Electric, and Winter all the other stuff I have bred her to has been commons since I am rather tired of all the Prize x Holiday pairings I went on a common breeding spree.

Anyone know which commons produce the best with Prizes?

I have had awful luck with a speckle-throat, refused every mate I offered her. I bred her to a silver and even that gave me a fail (which I'm not that upset about) but still hard to find what she likes.

Edited by acm1923

If going for commons, your best bet is to avoid cave blocker very commons and new release commons like the gemshards and striped river dragons. Going with ones people really like (such as balloons, flamingos, and daydreams) that are also older than a year old release can help because people breed and collect them enough that their ratios are usually fairly alright.

I would like to humbly request Gold prize x Astrapi immediately if not sooner. I will collect the HECK out of that line even if I can only get my hands on 10th gen. So long as it's pure I will be happy.

fairy's been relatively successful so far - four of his ten babies have been shimmers. Of course, three of those four seem to have gone to people who aren't going to be breeding them any time soon, so it'll be a while yet before his line is really collectible - especially since he's been so stubborn lately with his speckle-throated mate >~< I may take a break from those and test the waters with a Xenowyrm soon, since I'd really like to see his line spread out more!

I can't wait to try breeding him with some xeno wyrms. I need to get through some of my IOU's though. considerably Myst has been doing pretty okay in his breedings. Only really being stubborn with a few mates.

I definitely want to breed mine with Xenowyrms, but I daren't yet before we've got the whole which-offspring-do-we-get-from-this-pairing down. Shimmers have affinity for water but they have no biome, so what do we get out of that, and does it matter if it's a bronze, silver or gold shimmer?

I definitely want to breed mine with Xenowyrms, but I daren't yet before we've got the whole which-offspring-do-we-get-from-this-pairing down. Shimmers have affinity for water but they have no biome, so what do we get out of that, and does it matter if it's a bronze, silver or gold shimmer?

Well, looking through the spreadsheet I see nothing that contradicts the theory. I think we have to distinguish between three different situations:

Situation 1: Xeno x Non-Xeno (regular biome):

Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds true

Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed

Outcome 3: you get the Xeno corresponding to the Non-Xeno's biome

Situation 2: Xeno x Non-Xeno (Cave):

Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds true

Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed

Outcome 3: you get a random egg from the other 5 Xeno types

Situation 3: Xeno x Xeno:

This seems to be completely random, like it is with the Stripes

Of course I might also be completely wrong, but this is my theory so far.

^^^ birdz said this theory is correct, except situation 3 - but that's irrelevant here as the one you'd be interested in is situation 2, since Prizes don't have a biome

has that theory been completely proven though? In the quite birdz is saying that her theory could be wrong or off.

I have at least 3 planned breedings after this, but I want to experiment with this.

I'm less than happy about the idea of a "random" option when bred with a prize, because that would make lineages haywire!