Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

I think I'm very glad I did not make a list because it's becoming quickly obvious that Tooms is a horrid breeder. Once again he threw no egg.

I think I'm very glad I did not make a list because it's becoming quickly obvious that Tooms is a horrid breeder. Once again he threw no egg.

*high-five* Oasis also has yet to produce any shinies. But hey, just think how rare and exclusive our prize lines are! Extremely, extremely rare. It's almost like it's better that they never produce. :`D

OH MAN. She finally did it. YAY! I was afraid it would take forever. (And I have an IOU list. That would have been very sad.)

Krazy once again gave me the opposite, I guess I should be happy he's breeding with his mate but sheesh really dry.gif

Grr, now my precious, long awaited 2nd gen is sick. I think she hatched when I was on the phone (a long call) and got way too many views sad.gif

At laaaaast~

Oh man, what a relief! Two months to get her first shiny. Which works out to around six shimmers per year, assuming I breed to the same mix of mates, which is... actually not that different from what I was expecting, really.

Toyofubl, congrats on your success, too! *high-five* I'm actually reading Sabriel right now, so Clayr's code is particularly cool. ^.^

Edited by arula

At laaaaast~

Oh man, what a relief! Two months to get her first shiny. Which works out to around six shimmers per year, assuming I breed to the same mix of mates, which is... actually not that different from what I was expecting, really.

Toyofubl, congrats on your success, too! *high-five* I'm actually reading Sabriel right now, so Clayr's code is particularly cool. ^.^

I had just reread the series when I got "the email!" I love it- was going to go with Abhorsen-ny names for the prize and mates, too, but a lot of the main characters' names were taken. sad.gif Eh, I'll use the ones I did get on another lineage.

Congrats on the shiny baby! !!! <-Extra excitement!

I recently had a problem with a rare bred (non prize) egg being held in transfer/limbo for 10 whole days, so I decided to have a clear policy for bred prizes in my profile.

Other prize owners and friends of the thread- what do you think? Fair? Too rigid?

Are we allowed to refer to IOUs on this forum? I would have copied/pasted, but wasn't sure.

Edited by toyofubl

How often should we give our prizes a break? This is the 8th week I could have bred Rogue, and his first week of not being bred. I know that breeding a dragon every week can result in "no interest", so I'm going to give him a break every 8th week.

But you know what makes me sad? Shimmers look so good with male gemshards. And Rogue is male.

I recently had a problem with a rare bred (non prize) egg being held in transfer/limbo for 10 whole days, so I decided to have a clear policy for bred prizes in my profile.

Other prize owners and friends of the thread- what do you think? Fair? Too rigid?

Are we allowed to refer to IOUs on this forum? I would have copied/pasted, but wasn't sure.

Your IOU policy looks fine. You may want to clarify if users are supposed to pick up the hatchling within a certain amount of time (if they do make it back in time) before you gift it/trade it/do whatever.

Your IOU policy looks fine. You may want to clarify if users are supposed to pick up the hatchling within a certain amount of time (if they do make it back in time) before you gift it/trade it/do whatever.

Good idea! Will put that in. smile.gif

I don't anticipate too many of these problems, I bet rescheduling will mostly take care of things.

Yay! Congratulations!

Tooms, you studmuffin smile.gif

Edit: autocorrect made Tooms into Rooms :/

Edited by toyofubl

I know that breeding a dragon every week can result in "no interest", so I'm going to give him a break every 8th week

Wait that's a thing? o_O

Wait that's a thing? o_O

not breeding your dragons may increase your chances a little. but, example:

lets say breeding x and y results in an egg every 4 weeks on average if you breed them weekly.

if you give them 1 week more to recuperate, you have basically only 2 tries out of 4. which means, that in order for THAT to be effective, it would have to more than double your chances. smart money says that this is not the case.

they are bred weekly, for around 18 months now:

http://dragcave.net/progeny/hWgMx

i counted over 60 last time i checked, so that means over 2/3rds of productivity. so if you want to increase chances, best guess is to swap out your _other_ cbs, not rest the prize. yes, this might mean more refusals, but also more eggs (and yes, maybe also more fails).

not breeding your dragons may increase your chances a little. but, example:

lets say breeding x and y results in an egg every 4 weeks on average if you breed them weekly.

if you give them 1 week more to recuperate, you have basically only 2 tries out of 4. which means, that in order for THAT to be effective, it would have to more than double your chances. smart money says that this is not the case.

they are bred weekly, for around 18 months now:

http://dragcave.net/progeny/hWgMx

i counted over 60 last time i checked, so that means over 2/3rds of productivity. so if you want to increase chances, best guess is to swap out your _other_ cbs, not rest the prize. yes, this might mean more refusals, but also more eggs (and yes, maybe also more fails).

Okay. I actually don't have a new mate for Rogue and so decided not to breed him this week. I wanted a CB Tsunami, but I can't find one for the life of me, for some reason.

Also, what have other people been giving out their prize fails for?

I had no idea! You learn something new every day. I often don't rotate mates, not just for my prize dragon- have I been doing it wrong this whole time?

@Meg_752-either a 2G failswap, or a CB Gold or Silver

@toyofubl-No you haven't. Your dragon can have as many/few mates as you want. Some prizes are life-mated, some only have 2-3 mates, and ones like mine are *very* generous with their affections. wink.gif

Oh, that makes sense! I sometimes swap out mates just to see if it helps or hurts, and more often than not I'll get better results that way.

Edited by Katie92

After two months of no progress, Oasis just marked people off her list two weeks in a row. biggrin.gif

Is there anybody else out there still waiting for their first shiny baby from their CB prize? I think all the people I knew of have had long-awaited successes now.

as trios go, magmas, then ices are the worst to get an egg from, thunders the easiest.

If it's just to try and get good prize results: blusangs, coppers are also very easy to breed in comparison.

There is a difference between the Results of Trios?

Fascinating blink.gif