Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

I kind of like dimorphic prize spirals, depending on the breed. I think they look especially good with tinsels. I have one started with desipis (my raffle winner was nice enough to send me a baby ^.^ ), and I love that the male and female sprites aren't TOO dissimilar other than being in the opposite direction.

We already have an (Abby) x Mint stair, a Dokdo Eastsea Korea x Mint stair, an Erno x Mint stair, a Crouching Tiger x Mint stair, a (Dalek) x Mint stair, a (glory) x Mint stair, a Polar Flame x Mint stair, a Se 7 en x Mint stair smile.gif

A spiral wouldn't be bad, since there are none yet and Mints aren't dismorphic happy.gif

ouch^^ Ok, so perhaps no mint. Most probably I'll make what takes my fancy just then^^

That's what I am doing. I am not worrying about other lineages, since someone has probably bred every one of them other than the newest breeds released. I am just breeding what I like. ^.^

What are 3rd gen prizes and 2nd gen prize fails typically worth in trades?

I do Hollies and Ices.

What would be a good choice to pair a prize with to get a shiny? What do you think the chances of a Shimmer x Thunder pairing producing a Shimmer?

What would be a good choice to pair a prize with to get a shiny? What do you think the chances of a Shimmer x Thunder pairing producing a Shimmer?

Probably good, except for the fact that you'll have more 'no interest' or 'no egg' than eggs at all. Rare x Rare breedings are like that.

Hmm, your best bet is probably uncommons. Definitely stay away from caveblocker commons, and anything released in the past 2 years since they're still trying to catch up to ratios.

But if you want nothing BUT shinies, holidays or frills or other dragons that don't produce more of themselves is your best bet. That's the easy way out, though, so I wouldn't recommend it because people tend not to put as much value on those unfortunately.

Like I mentioned in this thread, tsunami wyverns are pretty good with prizes. Also, dragons that can produce alts (Blacks, Vines, and Undines) are good because people are constantly breeding them to get said alts. That's why, despite being a recent release, undines are able to produce shinies.

Trios are good. I've gotten a 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and 4th gen prize from my Zuko x thunder line. All were first tries, too. He did give me no egg the last time I tried, but it's been a pretty good amount of shinies from that line so far.

Balloon, they give shinies quickly

as trios go, magmas, then ices are the worst to get an egg from, thunders the easiest.

If it's just to try and get good prize results: blusangs, coppers are also very easy to breed in comparison.

Actually, my balloon 3G is the best-breeding prize I have.

Actually, my balloon 3G is the best-breeding prize I have.

I also have a 3rd gen silver shimmer balloon and he has yet to even give me a balloon. So yeah, like I said, uncommons are the way to go. Balloons, tsunamis, stripes, trios, I've even seen decent success with reds, pinks, and blacks because people are constantly breeding them. Tri-horns have a decent success rate as well, though perhaps not AS good as the others.

A good way to find out is to breed two species of dragons together five times(or other odd-number of times), and if one shows up more than the other, try breeding the other one to your prize. It's not a surefire way, but the one less likely to make more of itself has a better chance of breeding something else.

So, say... you breed a golden wyvern with a daydream, and breed 5 daydreams and 2 golden wyverns. By that reckoning, a golden wyvern would be more likely to breed a shimmer or tinsel than a daydream would.

And this way, you can breed readily available dragons together without 'wasting' a week or two of breeding your prizes and getting endless fails. I've done this myself to get 2nd gen metals and the like.

I just choose based on what I like. I love the way trios look with Zuko, so I am making trio lines. Eventually I am going to try undines, but that may take forever. I want to wait until I have done severel gen 2 swaps first, so I have lots of 3g producing dragos for my raffles and for trades. xd.png

Fairy finally found a green copper she liked after two refusals :3 Now I have a fail copper eggy but at least it's an egg! *Hugs Fairy*

That gives me the tiniest sliver of hope that maybe by the time I get around to trying cassare with Zuko, the ratios might have changed JUST enough that I can get lucky and get a prize from him. I need to try to get a prize from undine, first, as I have an undine fail I need a mate for. That might be the end of my patience with commons. xd.png

Fairy gave me a shiny from Undine on her first breeding to an Undine xd.png Maybe you'll get lucky too?

Edited by Reidragon

Another green copper fail. But at least it is an egg!

...Sigh.

Oof. No egg today, which brings Oasis to 6 breedings, 4 shimmerfails and 2 no-eggs. Well, this is why I kept my IOU list short...

(It's okay, shiny, I still love you.)

Caboose has given me 6 eggs 5 of which from the same mate, no shiny dry.gif

all I want is one and then to find the same pairing from another Bronze to make a cute little checker, though if I am having this much trouble it may be a long wait.

Fairy finally found a green copper she liked after two refusals :3 Now I have a fail copper eggy but at least it's an egg! *Hugs Fairy*

Fairy gave me a shiny from Undine on her first breeding to an Undine xd.png Maybe you'll get lucky too?

I sure hope so! So far Zuko's line has been very good. Out of 4 eggs that could possibly be anything other than prize, all four have been prize. So far I have gotten 3 offspring from him and 3 from the son I kept. I also got an offspring (prize) from his granddaughter.

I suppose now that the majority of them have been found, and that they're mostly added to the wiki by now, I can publish my list of codes I and a group of people have found.

The List

It's still open for comments, so if people see more, go ahead and add them in, I guess. I think it's amazing we got over 2/3 of all codes considering how many there were!

I suppose now that the majority of them have been found, and that they're mostly added to the wiki by now, I can publish my list of codes I and a group of people have found.

The List

It's still open for comments, so if people see more, go ahead and add them in, I guess. I think it's amazing we got over 2/3 of all codes considering how many there were!

Thanks so much for publishing your list! :3

I just updated the Wikia, with your help the pages now include 5 new codes: 2 Silver Tinsels, 1 Silver Shimmer and 2 Bronze Shimmers wub.gif

The List

a burned scroll already? ohmy.gif

a burned scroll already? ohmy.gif

Actually I was just informed that there are two more burned scrolls. :/ One of which never had any progeny at all. Such a shame, I wish TJ would reroll those three for people who actually follow the rules and would appreciate them more. Actually, reroll 4, since that dead egg is still dead.