Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

Yeah thats gonna be a pain in the neck to work with if the last outcome ends up being the case.

i still want a 2G silver shimmer or tinsel from the heartstealer soooooo bad

I need to try that too. Hopefully Myst doesnt refuse any of the heartstealers >.> That would kill me.

I have at least 3 planned breedings after this, but I want to experiment with this.

I'm less than happy about the idea of a "random" option when bred with a prize, because that would make lineages haywire!

Well so long as it's trying to breed prizes rather than xenowyrms, it'd be ok, right? Still going to be either Prize or NotPrize regardless unless people want to make perfect checker EGs. But there's quite a few dragons out there that have a chance to breed alts instead of what you want, anyway. Blacks, Vines, Undines, Nebulas, Ridgewings, Dorsals... I guess that's why those aren't really popular choices for breeding prizes, unlike these Xenowyrms which are just plain awesome.

has that theory been completely proven though? In the quite birdz is saying that her theory could be wrong or off.

No, Birdz confirmed the theory elsewhere, that quote is from someone named 'Rubin'. Birdz confirmed it here.

No, Birdz confirmed the theory elsewhere, that quote is from someone named 'Rubin'. Birdz confirmed it here.

I see. Neh we'll see how it turns out. its up to us to get those outcomes :3

So far I've had 6 prizes, 3 fails (not counting the Valentine's breeding). I think I've had about the same amounts of no eggs as all those combined. Death is being very kind to me!

And now another question... do people ever check the offspring of their babies to see what people do with them? I occasionally stalk nice lines I've bred to see and have found some pretty amusing names, for instance.

Edited by zaverxi

And now another question... do people ever check the offspring of their babies to see what people do with them? I occasionally stalk nice lines I've bred to see and have found some pretty amusing names, for instance.

I check frequently - often weekly, to see what all of the offspring have bred that week tongue.gif

It's fun seeing what people will do with the prizes they get.

Edited by The_Bucket

I do so every so often when I'm looking through Mysts Progeny. :3 I saw someone messed up one of Mysts babies lineages along the way but it was at the 3rd-4th gen mark. Oh well.

i still want a 2G silver shimmer or tinsel from the heartstealer soooooo bad

If you're just looking for what it looks like, I've bred mine: http://dragcave.net/lineage/LlieD to fourth gen. :3

I'll probably breed Cammy to the Xenos sometime, and I am hoping they become more common as time goes by.

I do stalk my babe's lineages of course as well!

Metal is back to being her usual no egg self after breeding with coppers very well. I was hoping to get a heartseeker cross out of her. I suppose at least she didnt refuse outright. I'm not trying any Xeno's with her until they get bred into rarity though.

Has anyone else seen a decrease in the trade value of 3. gen prizes?

Possibly a small one. I think the bigger problem with the ones you are trying to trade is that they are holiday mates, which are significantly less desirable to most people.

Well yes, my non-holiday-lineages are not so good at producing shiny offspring biggrin.gif That's why I have mostly the holiday lineages for trade. Perhaps I should try to bred more non-holiday 2. gens then.

Well yes, my non-holiday-lineages are not so good at producing shiny offspring  biggrin.gif That's why I have mostly the holiday lineages for trade. Perhaps I should try to bred more non-holiday 2. gens then.

Holiday lineages produce significantly faster, but they are less valued for three main reasons: They breed faster so there are more of them, making them less rare; there is a limit on CB holidays and breeding one weekly to a prize means you can't use it for other things; and some people don't have the required holiday to continue the line, so it is worthless to them. If you want to produce shiny offspring as fast as possible, try Coppers, Blusangs, Trios, Golds/Silvers, and GWs.. Their offspring will be less valued than common/uncommon pairings, but significantly more than holiday pairings. A few uncommon pairings that are relatively easy if you want to try those: Balloon, Tsunami, Stripe, Sunrise/Sunset, and Nebula.

Edited by The_Bucket

Yes. One person is accusing me of a gender scam (through the name) with one of the second gens I traded.

Um I never said the hatchling was influenced (it wasn't) so sorry but bad luck and start a spiral lineage.

Apart from that one the names are pretty awesome and someone has done a really awesome arrow lineage with one of the lines. smile.gif

Edited by Cireth

Yes. One person is accusing me of a gender scam (through the name) with one of the second gens I traded.

Um I never said the hatchling was influenced (it wasn't) so sorry but bad luck and start a spiral lineage.

Apart from that one the names are pretty awesome and someone has done a really awesome arrow lineage with one of the lines. smile.gif

Yeesh. I'd be happy to even have been able to trade for a 2nd gen. There's no point in being angry over it.

I saw this thread at the top of the site discussion page, and remembered I had an idle question:

Do any of you all gift/glomp/raffle/whatever your prize offspring or kin? How would one go about doing this? In a way that is painless and/or keeps the inbox from exploding.

I especially am wanting to find a fun and productive way of unloading any 2g kin. I've been popping 'em in the trade section, but other than kin-swaps, I'm not sure what else I want to do with them.

Clever ideas?

I saw this thread at the top of the site discussion page, and remembered I had an idle question:

Do any of you all gift/glomp/raffle/whatever your prize offspring or kin? How would one go about doing this? In a way that is painless and/or keeps the inbox from exploding.

I especially am wanting to find a fun and productive way of unloading any 2g kin. I've been popping 'em in the trade section, but other than kin-swaps, I'm not sure what else I want to do with them.

Clever ideas?

I do this much more often with kin but I'd like to start doing it with prize offspring as well. There are a few ways you can go about doing this. The easiest and most common way is to look for users you see being exceptionally kind or generous (or just who really wants a 2G prize) and glomping them in PM. This will not cause your inbox to explode since it won't be publicized (ask them not to say how they got it if you want), and it will deliver it to a worthy person easily.

Another easy way is to go on the DC IRC (irc.technoized.com) and do a raffle in the #dragonlotto channel, then advertise it in the main channel (#dc). You can PM an OP there if you need to know how that works and for help setting it up, but the drawback is that the number of people who will see it is rather low.

I see people occasionally dropping 2G prizes in the Departures thread, which doesn't give you much control of where it goes but I do not imagine leads to much PM harassment.

Some users have made raffle threads to occasionally raffle offspring in. You'd have to run this past a mod, and ensure it's not a duplicate of something (I tried making one of these a while back, but it was considered too close to being a duplicate and was not approved), but a simple 'Please do not PM me about 2G offspring' note should be a sufficient stopper for your inbox. This takes a little more work but it allows maximum exposure, the raffles last as long as you want them to, and you can potentially tag on custom entry requirements so that people have to do something to enter, such as breeding commons to the AP.

By far the hardest but most effective way (imo) is to completely cut yourself off from the forums so that no one will stumble on to your profile, but offer free or very cheap prizes from easy mates in your profile. Don't hide your scroll name from your dragons, so people who are specifically looking through the prizes on the wiki, then checking the owner's forum profile info will find you. This means only dedicated people who are truly putting effort into trying to find someone who will trade them a 2G prize will find you. It is likely too late for you to do this, since your prize is fairly well known and you aren't exactly invisible on the forums, so your inbox would explode if you did that at this point. I do know a few people with no forum presence though who are actually doing exactly this, and it is working very well. A steady enough stream of people find them to keep their list full, but not to make it long or have to refuse people.

That said it is totally your choice.

One idea for trading prizekin is to trade them 1:1 for 2G metals from common pairs that you really like. this would let you make checker lineages without going through the massive frustration of breeding 200 fails before finally getting a metal. I will likely do this, if my prize stops being stubborn about not wanting to give any prizekin. Seriously, every time I give her a common mate with the specific intention of producing a prizekin I get miles of 'no interest'.

I know I am not a CB prize owner so I probably don't have much say here, but I definitely wanna say that free for alling a 2G Prize is more likely to cause some hate on the user who was fast enough to catch the prize. A prizekin, I guess depending on what it is, won't cause as much, but 2-way is probably best.

Some people want the catcher to post and say they got it, but I'd recommend to say PM instead because some people are likely to get angry at one specific user because they might be a prize owner or have a lot of 2Gs.

Holy cow, The Bucket and Stellaluna, thanks for answering! These are things I have never considered. I've been playing here since 2008 but never really got into the forums or irc or anything!

Clever ideas?

Another thing some people do is simply put a transfer link in their signature, and whoever clicks it has an opportunity to get a baby.

Of course, this doesn't restrict on who gets it, I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of people that stalk those who do this and snatch ALL of them, but it's not much different from the Departures thread. It's a bit less obvious than Departures when they're in signatures since not everyone looks at those.

The best part about this is, only the person who DOES grab the baby in question would know what it is. If other people click on it after the fact, it'll just be a 'this trade has already been claimed' message so they wouldn't know what they missed.

The downside is, you'd have an egg on your scroll for anywhere from a few minutes to several days depending on if people click or not.

Hmm. The sig thing seems like it won't give me instant gratification, but neither will pm glomping, either!

Maybe I'll look into a raffle or creative writing contest or ... cat pageant* ... or something relatively non-time-consuming. For both me and participants smile.gif

Thanks, guys!

* this is only partly a joke, a cat pageant would be pretty great.