Amazon_warrior

CB Prizes: A User Guide

There is a difference between the Results of Trios?

Fascinating blink.gif

Yes, but thats not prize specific. Magmas are harder to breed in,general than the other two.

Yes, but thats not prize specific. Magmas are harder to breed in,general than the other two.

I figured it's not Prize Specific. But I don't really pay attention to stuff like that either honestly.

I breed what floats my boat. Well not with Prizes as I stick to the lineage they have before but with say Metallics or so.

I have so many dragons to breed that I wouldn't really notice some being less cooperative.

Edited by Nalyua

I have so many dragons to breed that I wouldn't really notice some being less cooperative.

Neither would I, but due to the nature of some of my breeding projects, I've had ample opportunity to observe trio breeding behaviours. smile.gif

Anyone have any luck yet with getting prizes out of gemshards?

It'll be nearly impossible for several months at least, if Pyralspites and other recent releases are any indication. Personally, I'm content to just breed Gemshard prizekin (I kind of have a Gemshard addiction). Tried last week and got no egg, but will be trying again next time.

For those interested in breeding results, mine are as follows:

Week | Mate | Result

1 | Brute | Brute

2 | Radiant Angel | RA x 4 (Vday breeding)

3. | Red Copper | Silver Tinsel

4. | Radiant Angel | Silver Tinsel

5. | Blusang | Refusal

6. | Blusang | Silver Tinsel

7. | Brute | No Interest

8. | Brute | No Interest

9. | Gemshard | No Egg

I've been breeding her to intentionally difficult things the last few weeks to try to get a prizekin. She's being stubborn, despite the strong start. One Tinsel every three weeks is still a fabulous ratio in my opinion, even if the mates that yielded those results are easy breeders.

EDIT: @Meg_752

That really depends on what the prizekin is. A Gold or Silver, for instance, would be worth even more than a 2G prize to certain people who need them (they're harder to breed). A blocker like a Canopy that breeds nothing but fails would arguably be worth a lot less, since they're very easy to breed. However, it really depends on the person's needs. Some people happily offer CB metals for prizekin, but I personally would feel very greedy doing something like that, and would prefer to gift mine to people looking for the specific breed I have on hand. Ultimately it's your prize, so you get to set the price.

Edited by The_Bucket

Some people sell their fails for really high prices. Others only ask for something small like a hatchie or two. (some even leave theirs on the departures thread, but I've only seen three in all my time of watching the thread.)

So really, there's a lot of variety in prices.

Obviously, people will be willing to pay more for a fail they have a mate for.

Anyone have any luck yet with getting prizes out of gemshards?

If you want to produce prizes, do not breed to stuff that's out for less than a year. better yet, make that two years. Else you'll be in for a very long haul...

Edited by whitebaron

So far every egg Zuko has produced has been a prize. His son from a thunder has produced one prizefail, but otherwise they have been prizes. The other two lines I have started from him are with holidays, so obviously any egg produced would be prizes. I have a pretty good sized list of prizefails to fill, so I almost am hoping for a fail one of these times. xd.png I mean, sure I could breed a common or new release to get a prizefail, but I think the rarer prizefails are a nicer gift to those on my list.

On the plus side, I am quickly knocking out my goals for my own lines! I have my heartstealer line, my thunder line, and as of today my ice line. Next I will try magma. biggrin.gif After that, I'm not sure what I will do. I might just rebreed some of the ones who have worked and trade some for things I need.

Edited by harlequinraven

Sixshot only seems to like common mates. Spring and Sunrise are the only 2 that have given a shimmer. Silvers are a whole bunch of not interested and GoN give fails.

I've bred Sansa 11 times. Only one time produced a No egg result but she was breeding with her Holiday mate.

She has four mates. A Sunset, Moonstone, Golden Wyvern and a Desipis. Her primary mate is Braedan (the Sunset). I breed her to him three times in a row and then breed her once to the others.

So far I have 7 Prizekin and 3 Shinies. I kept one Shiny (Catelyn) so I can breed and trade 3rd gens. No luck so far with her though. Lol. The other two I glomped people with. biggrin.gif

I might keep three more Shinies when I breed them from her other mates so I can have one Holiday second gen and have three lines to trade but any other 2nd gens are going to be glomps and prize swaps so I can make an Even Gen Checker. smile.gif

I would love to win a bronze shimmer again this time so I could breed a purebred prize or have a system in place so we could breed our prizes with other people's prizes.

*Dreams of a EG PB 5G Bronze Shimmer.*

Edited by Cireth

I am about ready to curl up in a corner and cry, he refuses to give me a shiny period, little brat. Guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I am about ready to curl up in a corner and cry, he refuses to give me a shiny period, little brat. Guess it just wasn't meant to be.

From what I can see you've been mostly breeding him to an Almadine: those are picky as a mate, may take months before they consider giving a shiny (same applies to Black Teas and a bunch of other breeds). ^^

If a shiny is more important than the particular mate, try a rarer/older release. Trios are good, silvers, golds. Even uncommons like seasonals will give you a much better chance. Super commons and newer releases (anytime within last year) are going to be very hard to get shiny eggs from.

i know how you feel about dragons not producing shinys. i have about had it with this little jerk -> http://dragcave.net/progeny/RheRX and the one it did produce genderfailed sleep.gif

Edited by linda3.0

Well, I haven't had any fails yet, but I haven't really had much of anything. Week after week of no interest, even switching mates hasn't helped much...

I appreciate the responses all, it is this particular combo I wanted with one exception and he didn't like her. ( or she him...not sure biggrin.gif )

I appreciate the responses all, it is this particular combo I wanted with one exception and he didn't like her. ( or she him...not sure biggrin.gif )

Ultimately, it will take you a year on average to get a shiny out of a new release. Your personal stats may vary, but curling up crying in a corner because of expected results? Won't help much. Either give in and breed to something well established, or you'll live with the consequences.

And I don't think it's entirely true either.

I bred a Gold (regular not prize) from an Almadine without problems today.

Good Luck <3

I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Edited by Nalyua

I was really hoping for my magma line today. Zuko ironically refused to go near Goddess Pele. So he likes thunders, he likes ices, but he refuses the volcano goddess? Really? REALLY?!

And I don't think it's entirely true either.

Good Luck <3

I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Thank you so much for the hope, its good to see positive messages.

I was really hoping for my magma line today. Zuko ironically refused to go near Goddess Pele. So he likes thunders, he likes ices, but he refuses the volcano goddess? Really? REALLY?!

Guess it's time to swap names with a different magma. xd.png

Guess it's time to swap names with a different magma. xd.png

Well, all my magmas are named after volcano deities or actual volcanoes. It was more the pure irony of it that got me. rolleyes.gif

that's anecdotal evidence, not based on a large amount of breedings.

Care to guess how many People try to get 2g metals out of new Releases? How many do succeed?

Yes, everyone can get lucky. Just don't expect to be the lucky one.

that's anecdotal evidence, not based on a large amount of breedings.

Care to guess how many People try to get 2g metals out of new Releases? How many do succeed?

Yes, everyone can get lucky. Just don't expect to be the lucky one.

Yes you have to get lucky but if it's what the owner wants then there's no point in saying "It won't work anyway".

I mean you're gonna be lucky if you keep trying ^^

Metallics seem to be fickle in general lately. All of them.